Interesting locations

I found a new camp site I hadn’t been before. I was trying to find the place where the person(s) known only as “The growing Tree” is/are located. Because of the sparse clues I am l not sure if this is the place.

4 Likes

Which clues do you mean?
Interesting place indeed. Doesn’t look familiar to me. But I can’t see why this should be a place of “the growing tree”.

2 Likes

In the lore there is a person or persons known only by “The Growing Tree”. This person(s) wants to trade food & ammo for Apples. The clues talk about the place where the survivors should leave the apples for pick up, if the want to trade. I was trying to find that place. This is mostly not the correct spot, because not house near by.

Clue 1: *This person(s) communicates via letters left at the post office. *
Clue 2: To trade apples can be left at the last house by the road leading north from Östervik.

2 Likes

Take a look inside these house…

Yes, I know that house that’s why I colored it red, and of course my search brought me there. But I am looking for maybe a chest or a bucket with apples left near the road. Did not find them.

But I did found an empty chest and that led me to this new location. But the evidence is to weak to be sure. Still you got a glimps of how I enjoy this game. :laughing:

Edit: A question. If one of the suburbs of Östervik is also known as “The old Östervik”, which one would you pick. I made my choice. But I’m curious what y’all would pick.

4 Likes

Me too.
You’re right. I was disappointed that there were no apples. But the supplies on the table told me, that it was the right place. I ended my search unsatisfied, as I wanted to know more about “the growing tree”.

But I thought about the iron church and that I had the same feelings when I found their underground church… and nothing more about them… until Landfall came and more signs of them. Maybe it’s the same with the growing tree?

When I went through the survey I got an idea of the plans for GZ… It was obvious that one plan is to introduce more factions. Human friends and foes. A story about other surviving communities like in “the walking dead”.

• There could be the resistance which fights the machines to liberate sweden.
  • there could also be a faction (the growing tree) which doesn’t want to fight but wants to help survivers. Most of the time they are invisible and just offer supplies for getting apples. Why apples?
  • and last but not least there could be a freaky faction (iron church). Its members think the machines are god like aliens. They prey for them and try to help them with their invasion to become worthy to live on or something like that… And they fight all who try to stop the machines or help other non-believers.

We’ll see if this is a plan they will follow in the next updates by delivering more story parts regarding the growing tree and the iron church, npcs of these factions or even the factions themselves with some friends and foes in our fight against the machines.

4 Likes

It use to be a large whole in the ground in the middle,it’s gone now though

Me and a friend discovered this place yesterday during a coop session. And here I thought I’d been everywhere. Fun to find new stuff in this game still.

2 Likes

It seems I was right. This is the spot where the “Gardberg Mine” Enemy Base is located (soon). :sunglasses:

resistance base in the middle of nowhere ive never seen before or seen anyone talk about. weapons are 1* ai76

1 Like

But it has been there for a very long time. Archipelago has a lot of these little locations and scenes.

yea i thought id found them all but then i found this one

It feels great to still find new spots, don’t it?

3 Likes

Älgbacken Control Point.
One out of seven new locations in Base Assault update.

Älgbacken (Base Assault update spoiler)

1 Like

Probably my favourite control point so far. It’s big, surrounded by pine trees and feels a tad more hospitable than atop that snowy mountain. And it’s a more central location closer to Östervik, which is good.

1 Like

Heavily Lynx guarded area but no structures on the field like the map indicates should be there.
770,-3298

-1617 -4010

1 Like

Each time a revamp or expansion comes, we get that feeling when exploring a new game, right?

1 Like

One of the newest Soviet Landing points interested me quite a bit since there was deactivated Wolfs and disassembled Lynxs but zero sign that any soldiers died near there, same with swedish machines. Only signs i ever saw was i think 1 or 2 weapons, cant really remember.

Location of where this is for those interested;

My apologies for missing your message in Twitch, good to see your still hunting.