Introduce yourself

Hi… My name is Don. 69 years old. South Carolina, US. Been playing it since it was released. Generation Zero is one of retirement enjoyables.

11 Likes

Jag heter SwedishPatriot även på Steam, jag är 54 år gammal, från Sverige och spelar för mycket spel. o Jag spelar bara på PC,:computer:
jag är pensionerad man .Jag bor nu i Thailand med min fru men besöker svergie mycket. Min Discord är https://discord.gg/HBvmjNq Hoppa in och släng några ord.

Jag älskar alla typer av spel har spelat sedan 1980 med commandor 128 och vic kom ut , Jag gillar främst överlevnadsspel.jag spelar Arma 3 ,Day Z. m.m

My name is SwedishPatriot also on Steam, I am 54 years old, from Sweden and play too much games. o I only play on PC,: computer:
i am retired man. i now live in thailand with my wife but visit svergie a lot. My Discord is https://discord.gg/HBvmjNq Jump in and throw a few words.

I love all types of games have played since 1980 with commandor 128 and vic came out, I mainly like survival games.I play Arma 3, Day Z. m.m

2 Likes

Absolut så rätt.:grinning:

1 Like

Forums are english only, to accomodate our non-swedish users. Please add an english translation your post :slight_smile:

I’m just wondering

I think we should have a Swedish section with in that case.

1 Like

Forum Code of Conduct.

1 Like

hai, im rachelle, gt is iren mayden on xbone, always looking to team up with other survivors.

4 Likes

Hejsan. My name is Lee and Im from USA. I was really interested in playing GZ because I lived in Sweden for about a year. In fact the apartment buildings in the game look exactly like the building where I lived. Jag gillar att prata svenska :sweden:. I don’t have a lot of time for playing games but I do like Generation Zero trotts allt.

4 Likes

låter bra. sounds good

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Manu and am 55 yo.
Been playing video games since PS1 days and a bit earlier. Have been playing GZ on PS4 pro for last few months, platinumed it last month primarily solo and enjoyed every moment of it.
Currently releveling a 5th character after deleting one to redo skill tree bad choices made on first play through. Not very active on social media but do regularly look up this forum.

5 Likes

Tjenare!

Name is Thomas, from the southern part of Sweden. 42 years old, working full time as an assistant nurse, married and with one wonderful daughter who also loves gaming and of course we play GZ together =)

Been playing games since the release of the commodore 64 and still at it. Pc is my main weapon but also on the Xbox and ps4 from time to time. I prefer open world, sandbox, survival, simulators, vr, storydriven and so on, theres many good games out there but nothing like GZ =) Nostalgia is strong with this one :blush:
Missed the closed beta :hushed:

See you around and god kväll :v: (Good evening)

8 Likes

Wow! Hello everyone, my name is Dale, I am 50 something (I stopped counting a while back) and a lifelong gamer.
Many of the posts rang a very familiar bell with me! I was initially put off by the unforgiving nature of GZ, but my stubborn streak kicked in and I am so glad it did! I have made what I consider slow progress, but I am enjoying every minute of it. Even the 400 plus times I have died😖
I really enjoy games with longevity, especially sandboxes, which Avalanche are very good at. The glitches are, on the whole, very minor and at times hilarious. Like riding my bike into a sapling and my character doing a hugely exaggerated crash animation. Or just stopping and falling off sideways… Getting a harvester stuck in the roof of a warehouse… falling through the floor of a bedroom… (which I did a bunch of times to find out if there was anything I could stand on. Spoiler alert; there wasn’t) :rofl:
I would like to be able to get into more buildings.
The detection range is scary at times. Especially with the Hunters, especially when backed up by the frakkin Seekers…
I have come from being a diehard Destiny junky (one and two) and its taken a while to get used to not being able to glide jump…
Also I have literally only just realised that the field radios are portable respawn points. D’oh!
Anyway, I am on ps4 and my name thingy is FinkleSummer.

4 Likes

Oh, and until I read this thread, I thought I would be the oldest person playing this game! I might be among the oldest, but clearly I am not alone. Oh, and my ‘review’ of GZ is - it feels like a mash up of Dear Esther, Fallout 3 and the movie War Games. In the best possible way of course! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Good to have you here, @Howie666. We can always use another adult :+1::wink:

3 Likes

Hi, I am 41 years old and working as a software developer now. I have been a university scientist earlier in my life (digging into the nature of the human mind). But as I like to develop and create things, I slowly progressed into more technical fields and at the end specialized in one of the many skills I acquired in the process. I am a PC nerd through and through, building my own machines since forever and knowing everything there is to know about modern PC platforms and performance optimization (or so I like to believe). :slight_smile:

I am playing PC video games since I was in elementary school. The original Duke Nukem 3D, Doom and Quake were the first true revelations in my gaming career. I still predominantly play first person (shooters, but not only) games (such as Doom 2016, Wolfenstein 2), but I have enjoyed many adventures (Monkey Island series and others), mystery games (based on Lovecraft, e.g.), horror shooters (STALKER series) and adventures/RPGs (Fallout) , atmospheric games (Fire Watch), stealth titles (Dishonored) and many, many more.

I have NEVER been as active in any internet forum in my life. I had planned on playing GZ with my brother for a while, but we postponed it time and time again due to the mixed reviews the game had received. Then we finally started and I was more or less blown away. Mixed reviews can mean that it is just the right game for you! I posted my first feature request here, I believe, and the discussion drew me in and now I am here. Love it!

I can have low patience sometimes. And I really can’t understand why people have opinions that are different from mine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I sincerely apologize. Thank you for being here with me, guys!

PS: I have trouble focusing with my eyes and at the same time my head is always faster than my fingers. My first draft of a posting therefore has a lot of typos and even completely left out words, which is why I will edit my posts over and over again. Just so that you know.

6 Likes

I am an Xbox boi and my username is Spartan 117 pas

1 Like

Hi

My name is Nick I live in the UK and funny never introduced myself before, I started playing Gen Z around the time of the first lockdown. I really love this game as at first it was a way of virtual exploration and totally immersive atmosphere got me gripped and many a late night followed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!
I love the outdoors and have been hiking in Sweden and Norway also many visits to Finland.
I am looking forward to the next update and the year ahead, I have a friend I mostly Co op with and it’s been a lifeline during lockdown.
My gaming goes right back to Spectrum so you can guess my age :slight_smile: anyhow keep well all and happy hunting :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is gabi and I have just joined this forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Karl-Heinz (Kalle) and i’m sixty years young. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’m from the very west of Germany close to the rhine river.
I’m playing GZ since the last days of December 19. It is my first first person shooter and i like it very much. Beside this i play Eurotruck 2 Simulator and American Truck Simulator. I have a driving License for trucks and from time to time i drive a truck for a friend just for fun.

I’m working as a constructeur and work the whole day with CAD Systems for over 30 Years. Mostly i worked to the automotive industry. Now i’m building machines for mockup bumpers, steering shafts and many electric control elements. The whole day i work with robots and build them in in our machines. They make often the boring task like loading the parts into the machine.

Beside working and playing i’m a hobby writer and wrote some short and long storys.
I am the writer of Helldivers Diary. The story is published here on the forum.
I love writing here on the forum and found out that there where more other guys at my age. And the game conncects people across borders. It is a very nice community here with very good mods.

I’m excited and looking forward for what’s coming.

1 Like

I really like you said sixty years young. WELL DONE

1 Like