Keep current machines, more machines types, or classes?

• Keep Current
  • More Machine CLASSES
  • More Machine TYPES

0 voters

This is a poll, not to enforce anything or so, but mere as a question out of personal interest.
What would you prefer… and why?
There is no wrong here, no right, mere opinion, taste.
So, what do YOU love…?

Enjoy, folks… :slight_smile:

So, the options are:
Keep the current, no more, no less.
More Machine CLASSES (Proto, Military, FNIX, APOC)
More machine TYPES (Runner, Hunter, Tank, Harvey).

Or… do you have a different idea… all together…?

2 Likes

I think a new machine type is at least more important than a new class.
I really wanna see something new, something more dangerous than a Tank. A new machine wouldn’t need to be represented in all classes, only Apocalypse or FNIX.

The upcoming Reaper could perhaps count as a brand new class? Maybe later we’ll have Reaper Hunters, Harvesters, Runners, and so on? This may not be the case, and the Reaper may in fact be something completely unique, and may not be freely roaming the map like the other machines.

I also hope that they open up a new island someday, and I do hope they pick the biggest one, just north of Himfjäll. This could probably be a fitting and lore friendly opportunity to implement a brand new class of machines, something unique to that island?

There are tons of possibilities, and the devs have probably envisioned what they want in the future already. But the Reaper is a perfect example that they do in fact listen to the community! Who was it that came up with the name Reaper first? Was it Tenebris Infinite? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Could very well be, sir.

Nice post btw, interesting read…
Thank you, sir.

1 Like

I would absolutely love a humanoid machine. I’ve wanted one almost the entire time I’ve played. If done right, it could still fit the theme. I don’t think it would be so unrealistic to have an advanced bipedal machine, when you think about everything else in this game. And before anyone says “we’ve got the Hunter” I mean something that is very close to a human’s size and shape, while still keeping a rough mechanical look (not like terminator with the fake skin, or androids that have human facial features). Maybe they could use an AG4 or some of the other more standard weapons. It could have the ability to follow you indoors (including bunkers). I think it would be an incredible new element, to not just be able to run and hide in a bathroom, or take cover in a storage shed that’s unaffected by rockets. Imagine hiding in a house to heal or reload, and then seeing one of these things just open the door and walk right in!
Anyway, this is just one of my wishes for GZ.
Any thoughts? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it would be too terminator for the story, sir.

Personally, I would like to see more animal based machines…
A cat like stealth assassin, very fast and agile.
A bear like machine: very tankey, it is a CQC machine, a mauling beast…

So many options.
Men machines, IMHO, won’t fit the style…

You asked, sir. :slight_smile:

Thoughts?

1 Like

I think it would be very hard to get it just right, but I still believe it can be done. :man_shrugging:t4:
Some animal style machines would be interesting though. I personally just want new machines, no more classes.

2 Likes

Just throwing an idea out here…
What about a bigger meaner version of the dog (a tracker ?), a wolflike growling beast with metal jaws which can spot/hear you from a greater distance and track you down. A fast and agile mech which can sneak up on you and make a health draining jump and bite attack. Maybe mounted with a pair of short range weapons they use after the initial jump and bite attack. They roam alone and can’t be announced by the mech indicator.
This will bring some (more) fear into the game as I experienced it at launch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Balla_Jazzuz More melee attacking machines would be a nice addition, I can’t help but feel like the hunter’s sword is a bit underused…

2 Likes

Already gave the idea, sir, a wee higher…

Hehe…you kind of did Xog :slight_smile:
Well we are on the same page here obviously!

1 Like

Yes, sir…
Have you read the “bear” idea?
Like a bigger, buffed runner, but CQC based?

I totally agree @Ekul_3. Would like some more melee attacks from the Hunters for sure.

Could you please explain CQC to an old man :wink:
But a bearlike mech sounds pretty cool anyway.

1 Like

Close Quarter Combat, sir, or Close combat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for helping an old man out :wink:
Yes, any Close combat mechs would be much appriciated!

1 Like

I am probably older… and age does not matter, but how you feel, sir…
I am 50 going on 16. XD

The “Bear” would do first a ram assault, followed up by mauling and “breaking ice” (like polar bear).
Well… I would make it like that, but… XD

1 Like

Hehe…I won that “age combat” …I’m 53 :wink:
Sounds cool with this ramming attack which could be announced with the bear standing on two feets before attack.

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOoooooo…
Cheater…

ROFL

Nice to see other mature children around… lmao.

Stand up: yes, ever seen a bear break ice, sir?

It would be followed up by this attack…
A 1.5 machine squashing you…

EDIT: How about a “rhino” type…
It’s purpose would be ammo delivery to other machines.
It would be extremely tankey, fairly slow, but if it rams you… instant death.
Which would be logical seeing the weight.
But it being slower also means fairly easy to dodge.
The machine would only engage when cornered.
Otherwise, it would retreat, and call for backup…

Thoughts?

1 Like

I’m personally more towards sneaky surprise melee attacks in this game, since there are no such thing currently and I want the scare back :wink:
I’m a big horror fan you see! And a long time death metal fan as well!
So make the game more scary and intense :slight_smile:
But keep those ideas coming @Xogroroth

1 Like

I like the idea of a cat like stealth assassin that snipes you out of nowhere, and I agree with you that human machines wouldnt fit gz

2 Likes