Level Caps Are Not Welcome & Here's Why

You know that there is a machine type more dangerous then a tank already in the game. It’s called the hunter spawn-machine aka harvester :sweat_smile:

1 Like

New machine types would be better, new enemies, new ways to terrorize the players, and the Reaper will appear one day :open_mouth:

I think Fallout belongs everywhere :sunglasses: an entire World devastated by Nuclear fire and secret weapons programs and abominations, it´s limitless.
But obsidian should lead the charge, if only they had the money and Betheda allowed, buying the franchise rights would be the best for everyone (one can Dream).

1 Like

Already the game is severely imbalanced in our favour.
Machines hardly pose a threat, even on “gorilla mode”.
Having even more opened in skill, would bring the game even more out of balance.

There is this simple logic that applies here.

While the Devs made machines more bullet spongy, and sure, it does increase the threat level a tad, it surely is not what the machines should be.

Often they take up to 12 seconds to figure out what is going on when fired upon, machines fall sometimes to a dead stop, not acting/reacting at all, their aim is often allover the place, and in normal mode, the 75’ish meter (or claimed 100 meter, but i seriously doubt that) isn’t that decent either.

Considering all this, a level/skillpoint cap is a necessity…

Once the above mentioned issues are solved, they can still change the cap to X.
For now though, it is good as it is, IMHO.

3 Likes

LOL :joy:

I agree that turning enemies into bullet sponges is a bad way to make them harder. This is mainly why I stay at Skirmish difficulty. Shooting too many bullets at a single enemy is boring and kills the flow of the gameplay. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

So TRUE!!!
But it does make it a tad harder nonetheless, which I aim for.
Difficulty over boredom, for me.

Hence I nag so much about fixing Machine AI…

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Storage box size

Then they can at least add the skill reset then

Personally the system as is is kind of moot once you hit peak level. Some players are right, if you waltz up to a place where you need another skill and you’re a solo player, you basically need to build another class loadout to be able to surpass that. I have a solution though, goes in line with the prestige points, rather than them just being “bragging rights”, they give you an extra skill point upon completion of obtaining every 2 prestige points you obtain, allowing people to really want to run those challenges and give those achievement hounds something to look forward too, rather than “hey look at this shiny new badge”. Because at current state, that is all prestige points do, and nothing more. It doesn’t really give anyone a major incentive to complete the challenges or continue playing the game after they’ve completed the storyline, besides a narcissist’s ego trip. The storyline itself, main game… with diligence, can be done in a little under 12 hours if you don’t focus on side missions and just press on through solo. Most of us like to do all the quests in the area to level up faster, but that doesn’t make you OP by any means. I’ve found though, the main things you really need to focus on is the weapon sway, armor shredding… run speed, and lockpicking… everything else is just situational. If you can aim properly, the scavenging perk is useless, and if you don’t build anything, so is the mechanic perk. Even with healing… there really isnt a need to spec into medic, when survival bandages are readily available. And if you spec’d into run speed and a little stamina regeneration, strafing around bullets from the enemies isn’t an issue. I havent played this game religiously. However, I realized it’s a scavenging game from the very beginning, So keeping what you plan on using a lot, and not picking up everything you see will make the gameplay much easier. This isn’t a difficult game, and personally i cannot imagine having everything unlocked. I wouldn’t say it would be over powered, but a lot of the skills are basically situational at best, and not many times do you run into those situations, if at all. I’ve made several players, and realized this to be cumbersome to have to switch, but after playing the game enough, spec’ing into first spec to marksman, then some in survival, and some into tech, makes for a good all around player, and you really don’t run into anything yo can’t pass this way.

2 Likes

This would bring even more imbalance, sir.
We are FAR too overpowering.
The machines went from threat to target.
Every shot that hit, seems just bad luck for us.

More skills open… seems very bad juju… sir…

Hi,
For what it’s worth, unless I missed something, I wasn’t even aware of a level cap until I had attained it which messed up my plans for future skill points. Perhaps some form of warning that “there are only 30 points so use them wisely” on the skill page would help avoid what I did and overload two trees leaving the others empty.
Also on the question of no level cap causing the character becoming Overpowered is this not what occurred when level 6 experimental weapons were introduced?

OH yes.
Hence I am pleading since ever to have machine AI fixed.
And get new machine types…

Personally I don’t find the AI a problem, just about right for ME, as I prefer the adventure and collecting aspects of the game and the experimental stuff isn’t introduced until later in the game. My point is that some are arguing against removing the level cap because of OP while at the same time scurrying around trying to find the most powerful weapons. It seems odd to have one without the other. IMO

1 Like

I can only agree with that, sadly, sir…
Hence I am advocating for improved AI…

1 Like

At the moment I will try to play it as it is BUT WITHOUT THE CRASHES.

Do you know how many safehouses there are on the map currently?

New machine types would really be welcome and maybe some other adjustments to make them stand a chance in multiplayer. I did nearly all the missions in single player, because I wanted to have some challenge and really do everything by myself and I think the difficulty was pretty ok for that. Enough challenge but totally doable. Only the one where you have to defend the hotel on Himfjäll was too much for me alone. But now that there’s no more missions I’ve started to play co-op because there’s not much fun by myself without any kind of goals or places to see and now I’ve realized how ridiculously easy it is to take down basically any kind of horde of machines if there’s more players.

But I think that that is a completely separate issue. I think the ability to unlock all skills would give a lot more meaning to the game after you’re over with all the missions. At the moment I think for me it’s just mostly about collecting all the experimental weapons and I’m not sure if there’s anything interesting enough for me when I finally get the last one. But of course all this is just opinions, we all have our own things we like or dislike about the game and I guess there’s as many ways of playing it as there are players so I’m not sure how the majority feels about this.

I’ve tested not even using any of the points and leveling to 31, and if you’re knowledgeable of the game, it’s still fairly easy to take down the robots, the ability to use experimental weapons at lvl 1 makes it a lot easier to level new classes a lot faster in an already higher tier world, So yes I do agree with evolving the AI to a more defensive approach to our weapons and gameplay.

Also, completely off topic, I suppose, But the tech specializations are complete waste of points, it’s almost a waste of time spec’ing into those specializations, the engineer’s tick is nearly useless ( i can see this if there was a different mode where there was also pvp involved, but at current state the tick is 100% useless) and hacking from range, you can only hack 1 robot, and it seems even if you do mange to hack a hunter or a tank, the damage they do to the other robots surrounding them is a fraction of what we can dish out by ourselves with green tier weapons. However when they hit us, we’re strafing around bandaging ourselves a lot if we’re out in the open.

The only thing that urks me right at this moment is storage space. Not character storage, but the box itself. The 200lbs is pretty limited to what you can carry, especially if you have more than 1 character, and having to go to a different station to put our resources in is just plain dumb, increase the box size to 300lbs, and allow us to put everything into one place. This should offset having to put everything in the recycling station for resources that are only going to be used at the sewing machine… which again… doesn’t make any sense having 2 stations when you can have an overall crafting, recycling, and storage all together in one unit. You wouldn’t have to go to 3 different places then. This would also allow crafting at every safe house that had storage, rather than having to remember which one has crafting stations, and which one doesn’t.

1 Like

I’m new to the forum so forgive me if this thread is dormant. I agree with all you’ve said about the cap. I arrived at the position you take for the same reasons and by the same logic. Are the devs involved or aware of the topics in this forum? There’s a lot of good discussion here that it seems they would be interested to at least hear it.

You want to increase it, or keep it as is, sir?

Paul has acknowledged the level cap increase, and going by the “ do what the community wants “ mantra at Camp Avalanche, it is only a matter of time until we get a raised level, and XP increase.

The real question, is how is the skill tree effected in line with character builds.