Level Caps Are Not Welcome & Here's Why

How many L31s do you have?

Same content topics merged.

//Mod

You can further the storyline on your main character, that’s probably well-geared and got some useful skill perks that’ll help, or try it out on an alt and level them that way.

So, after you get to level 31, it just stops. You don’t gain anymore skill points, and thus, if you have a “chink” in your armor, (if I may borrow the lquoquialism) Such as lower stamina/ stamina recharge, Higher visibility than you’d like, etc, but your at level 31, you pretty much just have to live with it.
I think this should be changed because it limits growth in the game, and you have less in-game goals to accomplish. So you pretty much just sit there and chill until the next DLC, but even then, although you have goals and more storyline…you still can’t level up.

Covered considerably since day 1.

There’s a lot of arguments to the benefit, and why not to - so it’s purely if the developers decide to implement it down the line.

I will say this, Hunter Call of the Wild was a big part of the framework for GenZ. That level caps goes to 40, so maybe one day it will come.

Please can you use forum search next time? I used to do this, but it is a lot easier to search, as you can usually find an answer a lot quicker. :slightly_smiling_face:
I agree with you that it would be good if the level cap was increased, but I don’t think it is a massive problem, as some of the skills do not make a lot of difference.

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

That makes total sense, however, if you take into consideration the fact that a 3-story tall, rocket launching robot, can annihilate you in a matter of seconds in this game, you really cant get OP enough to make the game child’s play…although, it literally is a video game, so…child’s play.

Yeah level cap killed my game with DLCs. I don’t want to do missions because it’s no reward for them. 0 EXP and nothing more. I don’t want even fight with robots because it has no reward other than good gunplay which i had tons in this game

I agree with korzychxp, I was really into the game, and then hit the cap. Without any warning mind you. If people are afraid that allowing people to unlock the tree entirely will make them too OP, then the devs could make it that you can only use a certain amount of them at a time. Perhaps, the equivalent amount of 31skill points.

I think a good option would be the ability to redistribute skill points when the maximum level is reached. many wanted to take something from the skills, but put it off for later. and then it did not happen)

although I would like to have an infinite level for character development, giving, for example, +1 health and + 1% to the stamina reserve, no more. so that having reached level 131 with a huge effort, you would have twice the running time) well, some statistics, except for the number of killed robots

This exact system is already in play at 7 Days 2 Die and it fits in there. However, GZ has different char development in place and it wouldn’t fit here.

In this case I agree. Although character development/level ups leave much to be desired, having that much stamina at your disposal might be a little bit OP. Cause remember, that would also affect the duration that you could use melee weapons.

I like games with level caps just as much as those without.
My main issue with the level cap in this game is simply that the pointless perk to increase XP gain exists. Something else that makes more sense belongs in its place. Reaching your cap faster does you no good in the long run.

Discussion of it in here: [Suggestion] Skill Tree Rebalancing

Thanks, but I’m not certain it would need rebalancing if there wasn’t a level cap. I haven’t given that thought. It’s a “you got chocolate in my peanut butter” or a “you got peanut butter on my chocolate” kind of thing.

I never said that the levels should go on way past the required skills like in “GTA: Online” where players can go up to 9999 which was ridiculous. In that game you finish all of the need for unlocking stuff at level 120…which is where the leveling should have ended at level 120. get-vidmate.com instasave.onl

1 Like

I agree with feedtaleone. It’s absurd to be able to go all the way up to 9999, just because you can. But to cap off at level 31 is equally as absurd because not only do you have to waist points on things you don’t want to get to things you do want (Depending how far along they are in the tree), but you also cant recycle points. For instance I thought the tick specialization might be useful, because you can turn them against the robots. But they do MABY .1% damage, and then are killed, if they do anything at all. But now all the people who got that specialization thinking it would actually be useful are stuck with an almost unusable ability, with no way to swap it out. So, there should at least be a way, for instance to use 31 skill points max, but be able to kind of move them around. Example- you don’t want the tick specialization, but you want less visibility. Take the point from the tick specialization, and put it in visibility. But, you can no longer use the tick specialization.

So there are ways to keep people from unlocking all of the skills if thats what the devs really want to do. But there should definitely should be a revamp of the kill tree operations.

Does anyone else feel a little disappointed that we can’t expand our skill tree once reaching the level cap of 31?
like i never even got the opportunity to acquire a specialization because of the low level cap.

1 Like