Level Caps Are Not Welcome & Here's Why

Only a single active specialization can be used at a time, although i understand what you are saying, i almost always play solo, maybe they could lock level 31 when entering multiplayer game?
Having power cap of 50 or 60 in Solo mode. (There are 87 Skills to choose)

2 Likes

Please unlock level caps & add PRESTIGE, allowing a BONUS level for each prestige. All four of my characters have been maxed out at level 31 for six months now. I also wish list a king of the hill version with player bases and weapon building capabilities. I would wish to be able shoot different calibres as if a barrel swap was done. Like in real life! Used to be able to do that in this game… Bring it back please. Last i would love to be able to use a SNOWMOBILE and be able to pull a player on SNOWBOARD/skis. Oh of course, TURN ON THE LIFTS… :aerial_tramway::mountain_cableway:

3 Likes

A potential solution to this issue could be adding the ability to reset your skill tree. then a player could maximize what they get from skills without having access to everything and needing to level up a charecter from scratch.

2 Likes

Honestly, this whole thing feels a bit presumptuous.

It’s still the developers game and in the end, it’s their choice.

If its a central part of their vision for the game that players have to specialize their character than I don’t think we should demand them to give up this part of their vision.
I agree that the skilltree could use a rework, I personally would prefer it if it was a bit more like the one in Far Cry 5, but that’s just me.
They said multiple times that they don’t want players to be able to unlock everything and at some point I think we should accept that.

I also wouldn’t spam Stephen King with demands that he should rewrite his novels to my liking or constantly nag Bethesda and try to annoy them into removing item weight from Skyrim.
Or complain to Firaxis about how much XCOM sucks because I can’t move diagonally.

1 Like

I agree with you. I think the level cap should stay in, but having to level up a whole new character to max level would just take too long. Being able to reset the skill tree would fix that issue and allow players to more easily perfect their set of skills to their play style without taking away from their central vision.

3 Likes

The forum is literally called “Feedback/Feature Requests”. It’s not presumptuous to give feedback and feature requests in a forum called “Feedback/Feature Requests”.

I don’t think anyone on this thread is harassing developers, trying to annoy developers, or anything else negative with their suggestions. Not only are you potentially scaring people off from vocalizing their ideas, but the developers literally want us to tell them what we want in the game in this forum. Imo, what is presumptuous is telling people not to use a forum for its intended function.

5 Likes

Yes, you’re right. I’m sorry.

Was already in a bit of bad mood and then got annoyed by, let’s say, the “writing style” of the OP, so I wrote this in retrospect inappropriate text.

1 Like

I disagree with OP. They should keep the cap lock on the level. Yea it’s a game but they make it in a sense just that much more like real life where not everyone is gonna have the same set of skills in life. What’s the point in at some point everyone having the same skill? Ya, if this game had no online whatever, then yes remove the cap. But it’s not like that. So I say leave it. :+1:

Level 40 Cap unlock once all challenges completed.

Should sort the men from the boys

I reason like you, skills are something you learn and some follows with others, but skills have limits.

Specialization in one area always takes place at the expense of diversity of skills. The same applies individually or in combination between skills that require strength, stamina, knowledge and experience. That’s how we humans work.

Ex. multisports athletes do well in several sports but do not achieve the same results as the athlete who ex. just practice short distance race or high jump. And the athletes spending all that time to be best in what they do usually have the same knowledge as a “regular” worker in any profession, unlike a experienced engineer, researcher or similar who has spent lots of time in knowledge but maybe only, if even engaged in a little jogging or skiing alongside.

People simply do not have the time or ability to maintain top skills in unlimited areas and I think that is what the dev’s had on mind doing the skill trees. But how skills are spread out in GZ is another thing…
So far I had chose not to put my last skill point on 2 of my 3 lvl 31 characters on any specialization, instead used it on one of the other “normal” skills.

My sum: skillcaps is there for a reason, but ability to re-spec or chose them in other ways would be nice.

I just got a popup that showed Level 32

Screenshot? :thinking:

I’ll go one better, now the Xbox is awake the DVR clip just went up. En route to YT

1 Like

That’s pretty cool. Probably means that, if level cap is raised in the future, it probably wouldn’t be too difficult to implement. Hopefully :slight_smile:

I’d like a 40 cap. That, plus 9 more skill points - with the option to reset at Level 40

2 Likes

Can confirm it. Games shows lvl 32 for a split second.

Few screens of my own for confirmation

I’m one of those who is happy with current level cap and doesn’t vote passionately towards skills respec either. At most, only once chance to respec your skills when reaching lvl31 is more than enough.

1 Like

Yeah almost like it want’s to bank the XP, then something stop’s it.

Time will tell I suppose.

Just managed to jump into Pontus online playing some GenZ doing Q&A. Managed to get a question over to him early.

No talks about level cap increase or any plans to as of yet.