Level Max ruined game for me. :(

The thing with the max level is that it’s nowhere to be seen that lvl 31 is it. If there was any indication like lvl 23/31 players could plan ahead way better.

I don’t mind having a max level if it’s not always in your face with the “0 EP” everywhere. I took it slow playing through the map and reached lvl 31 way before going into the Marshland. Since there was still a lot to do it felt a bit awkward to get nothing anymore.

If for example the Prestige Points would have any meaning besides a number next to the profile every 100.000 XP could reward you another PP. And even if it hasn’t you still could grow the PP number this way.

That would be a bit steep in my opinion. There are so many examples where the game gives you the finger and you die so fast the char cannot even pull out a medkit not to mention applying it. And even while healing a hit from high level enemy can reduce that number easily to 0.

Since the ludicrous April 20 update a “life” has no meaning for me in the game anymore.

That is true and it would help all new players who haven’t reached lvl31.

That’s neat idea. Though, since we don’t know yet, for what prestige points are needed for, i can’t say if gaining more of them from excess XP is helpful or harmful for gameplay. :thinking:

These were the fun days, at least for me. :smile:

Though, regardless the April '20 update or not, without any death penalty, there is little life value and many cheese the 100HP safehouse spawn system.

Just out of interest, and something I never did - > do you have the XP required for each of the 31 levels?

No.

I didn’t note the XP values down when i leveled up. I only have some screens, which i used to present “some numbers” above.

No doubt. Very few games use such a thing, but I know of a few in my library. The impact is next to nothing when you start out, but very extreme when you are at a high level. When it happens, it is a sad moment. In this game, it would be pretty rough. Rougher than most games. When all of the missions are available to be completed (especially if you have DLC), the XP gain can be pretty quick for a single character. Trying to max out a second character when there are no missions to complete or locations to discover is brutal… which would be equivalent to this scenario.

All what is needed, is dedication. :wink:

When i finished with all of my missions, my 1st char wasn’t even lvl31. So, i had some doing to max her out. Then i created 2nd char; along the way 3rd char and lastly 4th char. Did level them all up to max level, without having any missions left in my game to gain easy, fast XP. :pleading_face:

I wouldn’t say it was brutal. But for sure, it took quite a lot of time. To me, it was actually fun since i enjoy playing GZ. :slightly_smiling_face: With all missions complete, i just focused on other things, gaining XP along the way.

Learned thing or two about the game as well. For example, if you destroy every relay beacon in the game, without killing any machine, you’ll gain 100.000 XP from relay beacons alone, leveling your char from lvl 0 to lvl 14 (which i did with my 4th char). :grin: I used this method of mine, which i developed during that time: Tips for fast XP gain for solo players

Isn’t it? It doesn’t sound good to me. Perma-death should therefore always be optional, don’t you think?

1 Like

Perma death in this game would kill it

1 Like

Yes. Like i said, perma-death would suit as part of the “New Game+” or “Challenge run” mode.
But i still feel that some form of death penalty should be added to the current, normal game.

Haven’t you played any games where when you die, it’s Game Over? :thinking:

Depends what you mean with game over.

If you mean, what I think you mean, “really game over” then no, I never played such a game.
I don’t think I even know a game that has that game mechanic. Please, could you name a few?
All the games I played have some sort of save points. So to start the whole game anew, no,no, I never would want to play those, because I die a lot. And I don’t like to repeat the same thing over and over.

If you’re into survival sandbox games you might try The Long Dark. Once you’re dead your savegame gets deleted and you have to start over.

• DOOM ultra nightmare mode
  • No Man’s Sky perma-death mode
  • Minecraft Hardcore
  • any IO game
  • Almost all games from the early 1990’s and below

Sure. Here are some:

• Commander Keen
  • Dangerous Dave
  • FTL: Faster Than Light
  • State of Decay 2
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • The Long Dark
  • DayZ
  • Doom Eternal
  • Doom 2016 (only with Ultra Nightmare difficulty)

(The first 4 i have.)

Also, any PvP game that has “last man standing” or “battle royale” are also considered as perma-death games since when you die during the match, you’re dead. No respawns.

It’s like I said before I am not a competitive player. I get no feeling of achievement from playing games on insane modes. It’s the story, the exploring, the puzzles that give me fulfillment.
When I buy a game on Steam, and it does not save progress, I will refund it “Tout de Suite”.

1 Like

I’m about the same, I never play perma-death mode, I wouldn’t hurt myself, but I would destroy hundreds of controllers.
the only game I have ever played perma-death mode on (and beat!!!) is DOOM 2016’s
ultra-nightmare difficulty. sometimes I like the clutch moments, but I have TF2 for that.

Forest is another perma death game that has to do a bit with base building. I dont own it myself, but ive played it abit at other people’s houses, and its pretty good.

This game isn’t Day Z, In my opinion I would really hate to see drastic changes that make this fun to play and easy to pick up, Lv cap doesn’t bother me just enjoy building another character, new missions more mystery like the early days, more enemy’s if it is possible without invoking the many bug gods. If you have stuck with this game for so long why wreck it!

This is only my opinion of course :woozy_face::v:

1 Like

That’s a valid opinion, and your concerns are understandable. However, nobody said that the option to make other characters would be taken away, nessisarily. I’m just saying, it would be nice to actually be able to make use of all of the available skills, since the devs worked so hard to add them.

There are 64 different skills in the game. If you create 4 chars, and level them all up to max, you’ll get 30 skill points per char which = 120 skill points combined.

That’s more than enough to make use all of the skills, divided between your chars.

Even if you want to max out all skills, it would take 87 skill points. That’s still less than 120 skill points you can have, between 4 chars of yours.

1 Like

I guess, my confusion comes from the complete inefficiency of that. I mean, what’s the point of that? It just doesn’t make any sense. And besides, I have (currently) 2 different characters. So, obviously, I am leveling up the new one differently. But, what’s the point of not being able to level up completely?

Soooo…I still don’t see why you cant combine all of that into one character. I mean, you literally just said that there are 64 skills. But you can only unlock less than half of them. So, then you say that obviously, instead of using 1 person with all of the skills, you naturally would split them up between 4 characters…? Why? I mean, if you need one character with a specific skill set, that means you would have to log out, then go into menu, then select the character with the right skills, then go back into the game, find where you were, then MAYBE the robots you were fighting will still be there, and if they are, the scenario in which you were fighting may have changed, therefore, rendering everything you just did pointless.

So, with that said, why not make all 64 skills available to just the one character?