Machine behaviour post April 2020 update

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

I hear ya. Iā€™m being killed, and I donā€™t even know where they are. Never saw them. I was in the hotel on Hijmfall (Or whatever the name is) island, doors closed, I canā€™t shoot out but hunters are killing me as I duck behind the couch. How come they can shoot me but I canā€™t shoot them?

If they are firing concussion shots you can get hit by splash damage

This Is becoming a big issue. I had three rival harvesters gang up on me with their usual backup.I took out all 3 and their support at the cost of 1 Adrenalin pen then all hell broke loose. Another harvester arrived and just kept spewing hunters. At the end I had 5 in the kitchen and 4 in the living room. Getting away was a pen and med kit nightmare.

1 Like

Yeah, but how are their shots getting into the building? My shots canā€™t get outā€¦

Do you have Experimental .50 cal and do you know what itā€™s special ability is? If you have it and know about it then Concussion Rifle is a lot more powerful version of Experimental .50 cal. Basically, Experimental .50 cal is greatly nerfed version of Concussion Rifle. Hence why hunters can shoot in while you canā€™t shoot out.

1 Like

I think this is the factor that we should consider. Unless itā€™s another new feature we werenā€™t notified of, if this didnā€™t happen before then chances are itā€™s another bug.

The one that bothers me the most if the flamethrower. Thereā€™s no way to stop that thing other than being a punching distance from the hunters.

So ā€¦ hunters have this Super-Experimental .50cal that can shoot through walls? Fine, why not, Iā€™ll buy that.

But tanks have a way larger railgun ā€¦ that cannot shoot through the planks of wood of a barn-door.

ooooooookaaaayyyyy

EDIT: Actually I donā€™t buy that story about the wall-defying .50cal. I have hidden days in those locked army storage sheds, besieged by hundrets of any kind of hunters and they shot their heart out ā€¦ not a single projectile got through those walls.

well i learn new stuff every day her.

I was so sure that the hunters Concussion Rifle is the one whit similar effect as the experimental pump-shotgun.
They do have an precision shoulder mounted rifle but the one that shoots the explosive rounds that light up read ither kills you or slaps you around allot or gas rounds will out range there Rifle atm.

due to some flaws in code i gess and this round is not in any way obscured by walls or any thing it just spawns in if needed its the red one im talking about now =)

Yes, I do have the Exp. .50 cal. I compared it to the gold one I have, they both said the same thing. I use it anyway, but I still cannot shoot through the doors like the hunters can. So I die and they go unharmed until I find another vantage point.:skull_and_crossbones:

Most tanks donā€™t have a railgun. What most tanks have, is Autocannon. Only two tanks in the entire game have Linear Accelerator (which can be considered as railgun).

Just because you have a bigger weapon in size (e.g KVM89) doesnā€™t instantly mean that itā€™s capable producing much higher velocity needed for material penetration than smaller weapon in size can (e.g 6* .50 cal).

Despite thin wooden wall and thick concrete wall being both walls, there are big differences between them. Most notably thickness and material they are made out of. These two pay a big role determinating if round can penetrate the wall or not.

No, they donā€™t. Experimental .50 cal has additional line in itā€™s description saying what it does.

Screenshot

Like i said, Hunterā€™s Concussion Rifle is much more powerful than your Experimental .50 cal, with a lot more velocity and penetration force.

Experimantal 12G shotty isnā€™t based off Concussion Rifle. Instead, itā€™s based off Explosive Flechette that all FNIX hunters have as main weapon.

Many experimental weapon abilities are based off weapons that machines use against players.
It goes like so:

• 6* AG4 - Incendiary Machine Gun / both fire incendiary rounds that set target on fire
  • 6* .50 cal - Concussion Rifle / both have very high velocity and target penetration
  • 6* 12G shotty - Explosive Flechette / both shoot flechettes that stick and explode shortly after
  • 6* Kpist - Autocannon / both have very high rate of fire
  • 6* m/49 - Rocket pod / both can shoot 2 rockets at once
  • 6* Klaucke - no equivalent
  • 6* KVM59 - no equivalent

No, just no, and that was my main point: Thick walls are being penetrated and much stronger weapons are stopped by a plank of wood. As these things occur willy nilly it is my strong conviction that the game-engine does not process hit-miss-testing properly, or better: not in time. Same with inputs on PC. The occurrances where I was moving and then pressed fire and nothing happened are in the thousands.

In short: there is nothing in the game-engine that would indicate somewhat proper evaluation of physical properties and every discussion about what weapon is being wielded and what its properties and impact on what material might be are mute. Itā€™s a game with an occasionally sloppy event-handling and not a simulation.

3 Likes

The character I had before the actual one had an Exp PansarvƤrnsgevƤr and the projectiles penetrated even apo tanks (one could see the projectiles hitting the ground behind the tank) but I cannot shoot through a 2cm thick wooden door at point blank. Doesnā€™t make sense to me.

Itā€™s nice @Aesyle that you try to have an explanation for the things in the game, I really mean that. But I still think the projectiles shot by Ƅlgstudsare and PansarvƤrnsgevƤr have enough energy to penetrate thin walls and doors, especially with the FMJ or AP ammunition variant. And I donā€™t say they should penetrate steel that easily :sweat_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj30DoCiwCQ

1 Like

There are one door type that you can shoot through with the exp. pvg90, and that is bunker doors.

Bonjour, I do not know if you have this problem, but I am still in orange machine reticle alert while I cleaned the area ā€¦
Suddenly, if I move and well I get killed from a distance without having time to act because the crosshair is blocked on orange before becoming red then switch back to orange ā€¦

the most surprising is the music which is perfectly synchronized to him on the phases, I think that the reticle of the mahcines is bug in more I have the impression that my stealth no longer works. it happens that I die and I have no time to reappear I make myself direct targeted
because the reticle is orange

ok, but this is not guerrilla mode but skirmish mode, and personally between the 2 modes I donā€™t see the difference, I have the rest of the video I ended up with 4 tanks (Including 1 apocalypse / 1 military and 2 FINX) and 1 harvest + la suite ā€¦

On the other hand yes I have already had a lot of times this type of combat or the enemy continues to attack an area like a building while I am no longer there. The worst is the hunters with their sniper impossible to flee the alert he snipped me from very far away and in the void I heard their shooting but no impact I had to take more than 1000 steps to break thealert because the 2 hunter were stuck on a small island on a lake

100% agreed. I like the Apex engine, coz it renders maps beautifully and itā€™s fast. They just need to tweak the code that polls and processes the input buffers. But thatā€™s a different story and doesnā€™t belong in this thread.

1 Like

I hate freeloaders at parties. I now leave a gas tank and mine in the kitchen.

1 Like

I came back playing the game after 2 months, now I find the balance totally broken. I play the game on guerilla settings, but having a fnix tank (400m) one-hit killing me with rockets is way to overpowered, not that I even had a chance to run away. Before the rockets where flying in a curve and it took 4-5 seconds, now it doesnt even take a second for the rockets to hit. Same goes for the apo hunters.

Please fix those rocket weapons. I mean seriouslyā€¦ its not ā€œhardā€ its ā€œinsaneā€ and ā€œimpossibleā€ now to play and I am lvl31 fully skilled and equippedā€¦

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

1 Like