Machine behaviour post April 2020 update

As a new player who plays solo this game is just ridiculous. You can’t do anything or go anywhere without being constantly killed by overwhelming numbers of enemies that you simply can’t kill as you don’t have the ammo. Enemies just spawn out of nowhere, right in front of you and even inside of buildings that you’re taking cover in. The stealth mechanics don’t work, no matter how sneaky you are, enemies see you from a great distance and rush in numbers to my location. Tanks and other large enemies just spam you with rockets that you can’t avoid, and that even kill you through the roof of a hardened shelter.

I currently have a mission to find a bunker on an airbase, well two days now and I’ve not even manahed to make it past the guard house at the entrance to the base. I did go over the fence once, but was met by a Harverster, two Tanks and about eight Hunters - that didn’t go too well seeing as how I have hardly any ammo and crappy weapons.

3 Likes

I feel you bro. It’s a hard time for newcomers in the game right now. The insane difficulty will hopefully be patched soon - as the game became insanely more difficult for new players in the latest patch (April). Devs are working on monthly updates, so hopefully it will become better soon.

2 Likes

I know exactly how you feel having only brought the game last week (1st May 2020). I joined this group and also looked online for tips on game play, but as bcatrek rightly says we’ve entered at a weird time in the games evolution. I found this guy online really helpful :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqE3Y5Z9Igo

he has done a bunch of videos shjowing and helping you defeat the never ending hoard of "Hunters, Skivs and Tanks. I almost had a heart attack after i defeated my first tank, I struggle with Hunters.
Concentrate of improving your skills, maybe dont follow the story too much because its way above our doable level, Ive just got to level 11 and still shit myself when I’m surrounded by 6 Hunters!

there is a map you can download which has some postions of safe houses which I found very useful whilst navigating through the Robots, but also found a lot of bugs and glitches in the environment, so its not complete smooth running yet, but as bcatrek said they are working on updates.
I dont know if I’m allowed to put the map on here but could send it to you if you cant find it…just google it

Right, I’m going to chip in on this because your right…to a degree.

I’ve put a fair amount of time into this game, and on reflection to the comments regarding the new difficulty as a new player it’s extremely testing. Even with Experimental gear on a new character - I’m getting my ass kicked due to complete lack of skills unlocked.

Minimal resistance to anything, and you’ll have to put at least 1/3rd of the map in the south completed to get to a level that’s anywhere near you need to be approaching F23 airbase. If I had to look at this as a new player to the game, but knowing the update issues in AI difficulty being a lot harder - it’s more of a grind now before you can actually level up. It was so frustrating, that I ended up going online to piggy back from missions, and team kills towards rivals.

Ranked about 7 levels in an hour of gameplay and on reflection to just solo play id probably be half that. I’d get online so your character has enough behind him / her to last a battle and just give you a bump in your solo playthrough. Granted, back at release it wasn’t needed and progression was very fluid and balanced. Sadly, with changes come…teething problems.

Happy hunting.

Exactly mate. Since the recent april update the difficulty has been well too hard for me as well. (and I’ve been playing for ages.)

Threads merged. This has become the main thread for discussing Machine behaviour post April 2020 Update. Keep it civil, and constructive.

//Mod

@Zesiir, I think you may have said this and I missed it, but do we have official confirmation that the machine AI is not working as intended right now?

Last I remembered, there had been no statement of whether the madness we’re seeing is intended behavior.

1 Like

There’s been no official statement as of yet. But I deliver bug reports to the devs every once in a while so I thought I’d ask, and the answer I got is that they’re aware that they may have turned the notch up a bit too much, based on feedback seen thus far.

4 Likes

Thank you Xezr for asking and share your knowledge with us. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Indeed, before, I could dodge the barrage or mortar missiles. The impact speed is so increased that I can no longer dodge without being hit for sure leaving me 7 VP with the maximum difficulty.
I suddenly changed level but the rate of fire / Impact is monstrous … I let you imagine 3 tanks that I had with this rate completely mission impossible :sweat_smile:

Thx @Zesiir :wink:
“Turned the notch up a bit too much” That is one way to put it :rofl: (Supersonic Missiles and Mortars)

3 Likes

You’re right that they do move around when you hide in a building, and they will follow you if you start to run away, but what I am more specifically referring to is if you get detected and then run around the corner of a building. They also don’t try to close distance unless you run REALLY far.

again, i’m seeing different behavior. like i said, something may be even more screwed up than we thought.

Would it not be beneficial to record the footage and post it here?

Here is a video, I have the impression that the enemies shoot at the last position they know,

Fire enemy, with increased accuracy and speed of fire

On another fight there were 2 hangars, I managed to spin in the other and the 2 tanks bombed still on the original hangar where I fired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4MyX1JTj5k

After the April 2020 update, I have gotten my butt whipped into a fine butter by the sheer amount of enemies spawning. For example: At F23 Överby Air Force Base, I fought 5 Tanks (4 others that i didn’t kill were also there), 10-15 FINX class Hunters, 20 runners, etc. These are only estimates, because of all the fighting, I couldn’t actually count them(other than the tanks). This is all on the easiest setting as well, and after I finally fought most of them I then died, only to come back and find even more enemies than there were last time. The most infuriating thing was that all the robot bodies were gone, and I hadn’t got to loot them. I have experienced this unusually large spawn rate over the last few days. Anything you guys might be able to do to lower it, and stop the bodies from despawning?

1 Like

I already knew this phenomenon before this update, it is rare but it is linked with the seekers who call for reinforcement, I had the right to 5 tank / 2 harvester / X Runner and Hunter. My second character was served

We all have seen the changes in behaviour, increased agressiveness, more accurate, very long range attacks. Well this is not too bad this is what it feels to crank it up to pure maximum, now we got to see what needs to removed, what needs to be tweaked and what must stay.

Most of the changes to how the machines behave around the player are great, reinforcements, nearby machines getting closer to investigate, long range attacks with missiles and snipers. Sincerely i would only reduce the speed of rockets right now to something like pre update, maybe a lil faster than that. I think this game is not intended to be a CoD type of shooter, this one is much slower, it makes you observe what is out there and if it is worth risking your resources for certain fights, it oblies you to be much more cautious.

Making some tweaks to this update can be a heavy improvement, just this needs polishing, something like this.

Right now there are 4 tiers of enemies: Prototype, Military, Fnix and Apocalypse. Except some little cases they all are the same, only a few weapons are different that’s it. Maybe their health too. I can tell that a Fnix tank is tougher than a Prototype one, but what if we could keep different behaviours for each class, and get that even further for rivals.

• Prototype class: Pre update damage, range, etc they are suposed to be like a “beta” for testing before release, so we should expect them to be quite soft and unaccurate.

• Military class: here we have the final product ready to work for the army, better accuracy long range attacks higher reload speed, etc.

• Fnix class: modifications designed by Fnix himself with better weapons, most effective accuracy.

• Apocalypse class: I doubt if this one would be a subclass of the military one wih NBQ purposes or a new thing made by Fnix. They would have military class stats, but they deal a greater punch due to poison ammo, also they got other types of guns to use.

• Rivals: instead of a copy paste enemy with more HP and a different name, it would be really interesting to see an RNG enemy, we could end up with a harvester armed with flamethrowers.

Long range missile attacks are what went south on this one, they are too fast but not too far. Come on guys we are talking about huge machines with computer calculated trajectories for missiles, they can fire them more than 20 meters away.

Hope you are having a nice day.

5 Likes

Two topics merged.

//Mod

1 Like

The rivals idea is excellent!.
Harvesters with machine guns or flamethrowers
Tanks with railguns and small caliber machine gun (runner machine gun)
Hunters with “Normal” shotgun or armed with a “arm magnum”
Rivals could have this kind of differences from the normal enemies, maybe even different colors based on already apparel designs ( camo green, camo red, camo blue, black).

2 Likes