Machine behaviour post April 2020 update

Can you imagine survival mode right now, one life… you step outside the safe house and see this…

8 Likes

“I like how aggressive the machines are now, but compared to pre-patch they all have literal aimbots now.”

Totally unrealistic right! It’s like they’re machines :wink:

1 Like

OK, so was playing earlier with a friend. We’re running Adventurer, scaling off. The area around Angerås Church is completely screwed. We stumbled onto the church, due to a running firefight with a harvester, 2 tanks, and about 7 hunters, all military class. The entire area around the church is totally overloaded with tanks, harvesters, and hunters. we spent, had to be 45 minutes clearing out this mob, only to find that there were MORE machines entering the area. We cleared those, and son of a bitch, wouldn’t you know, we heard the approaching footsteps of yet MORE harvesters and tanks. Next thing we know, we’re back inside the church, up to our eyeballs in rockets, gas, automatic fire, and concussion fire. we spent over 2 hours, just killing stuff in the immediate vicinity of the church, and the loot drops were utter garbage. The flow of machines was neverending, and we ended up getting so tired of it, we both just decided to call it a night. How in the hell is anyone supposed to actually get anything done in this game, when you’re in a running firefight every 5 minutes?

2 Likes

Ah, geez :scream:

This is where I’d politely and hastily proceed to stroll right the heck out of there. And go get some friends.

I reckon… Four, fully decked out with Experimental Kvm 59’s and PVG90’s could maybe stack the cards in their favour :smile:

1 Like

Thanks. A little frustrating, but I appreciate the response.

Not that it will help with the crazy AI. But something that can help you is to look south of the airbase for an alternative route in. I tried the north through main gate at first and like you was meet with impossible odds. Two Fnix tanks and about 10 hunters and too many dogs to count without any place to take cover in. But a later attempt I found the other route by accident.

This was meant to NX-74205. I thought I could make an direct reply to him. Guess not.

i would very much be saying screw that lol, Close the safehouse door and fast travel the hell outta there

Imagine long time ago game was hard on single player. I refunded my money because i hated equipment managment and looting. I bought game after many updates on last promotion with hope of more gameplay experience, fixed equipment (for me many things were fixed now but far from ideal) and less bugs.

Earlier we had less ammo, we had less space in equipment for it, but machines were medicore and in smaller numbers.

At now smaller machines are same level i think as were before.

But tanks and other big machines? Dear… they’re brutal. We hide in house and we are constantly fired by massive explosions and take wounds. Smaller enemies are sniping us through walls and with blast attacks through walls.

They spawn each other and multiply. This is new.

I’m on 12 level now, but i don’t think on more experienced character i could defend from them and attack them. They have massive long distance to see us. They are sniping with 85% of accuracy.

They attack us in large numbers and harvesters multiply very fast with two hunters and hunters with ticks. And we don’t have time to deal with harvester dealing with these things.

Why they did this so hard? For playing only multiplayer?

I enjoyed solo game earlier but now i can’t. Game give us no choice to play single or multi. We can play single only on one first area as a training before multiplayer games.

Adventurer difficulty can’t help with this.

Man. I lost 10 minutes ago maybe 1500 rounds of ammo, 50 medkits, killed 20 ticks, 5 seekers, 20 runners, 15 hunters, and i don’t know how i killed one tank but harvester and it’s hunters killed me 10 times. I used these yellow thing for recover and lastly i died.

+1500 exp.

Thanks for nothing :open_mouth:

I don’t know what is with balance of game.

Of course i’m pleased by updates and new content, but balance for single player is mad.

I like playing with friends. That’s all. No single player. No hiding. No sneaking. Can’t defend myself.

2 Likes

What was your level since re joining?

My first character maybe had 25 level. Now i have new character.

Threads merged.

//Mod

I want to get back in to documenting Generation Zero in video format. This is pure personal preference, but I want Guerilla to be more difficult in terms of gritty reality, not cartoonish speed.

What pleases me in the Guerilla difficulty is the damage I take, since it sets me towards taking actual cover and taking pot-shots. I actually did it early in the game, when I wasn’t sure how difficult the enemy was and remembering that time was amazing. I was afraid, but glad to play the game. I want to capture that feeling again. What I feel now is an arcadey shooter, that makes running in circles and bullet spungyness more visible. Infinite backup and quicker rocket shots is something that slightly puts me on edge.

I like fighting runners now. Before it was a nuisance to fight them, now I take them in consideration. Now I hate fighting Hunters, because if I can’t kill them in a minute, they keep spawning more and overwhelm with their incredibly fast explosives.

Their gas being an area denial and more effective against you feels a harder and better. Gas masks are considered more often, but another problem rises from this - inventory management.

Enemies are generally faster, their projectiles certainly are, but you still have your slow inventory management, so I feel there isn’t synergy between those two. I feel that for improvement attack speed should decrease, but damage intake increase. I feel there should be a bigger pause between battles and enemies shouldn’t be any beefier. Once in a while I’d like to just take out a pack of runners, instead of a guaranteed seeker and batallions of hunters.

I want guerrilla to be harder in ways of realism, than run-n-gun. I hope the devs can agree

1 Like

A consequence of hunters now detecting you from very far away, is that I suspect they drag other machine types with them once they themselves are aggroed. (in other words, maybe other machines sense that the hunters are aggroed and therefore become aggroed themselves?)

For example, visiting the airbase for the first time in my new solo game was a whole different experience this time around. Basically the entire airbase’s enemies amassed on me, and I hadn’t even entered the actual airstrip! :smile:

I think even some of the machine corpses spawned out to make room for new ones. For me this was really fun, but considering it was in Adventure mode, would it be fun for a new player? Maybe overwhelming?

I made a video post-carnage: Generation Zero Burial Ground

I can’t play this game.

Machines are super ultra difficult now.

Earlier bugs were not fixed like shooting through walls, 100% sniper accuracy from hunters, jumping to damage us through walls.

And now they have unlimited hard backup (harvesters + hunters).

And they’re shooting at us rockets one by one, zero reloading time, no time to escape from this, no clue. Radius of bombing us is too high. You escape many meters but rocket is hitting you with fire. You can’t hide in barn, in house. They’re spawning in houses. No place to be safe. Their gas is brutal. And they’re shooting other very acurrate things at us. We’re now like rats. Earlier we was human. At now we’re rats.

Oh and of course they see us everywhere from long distance.

Generation You Are Ulta Zero :smiley:

I think devs don’t know how to fix this because this is programmed by other people (physics etc).

2 Likes

I’ve logged some more hours and I don’t mind the difficulty so much anymore, I kinda like it.
I’d still change the wall penetrating flame throwers. The laser beam rockets and their ability to see you 2 miles away.

I’ve changed my tactics and it seems to be working for me. Granted, I burn through alot more health packs and stims than before, so I am constantly running out of them so i’d change it so there are more or have the ability to craft them with resources etc.

And the official response by the devs is out;

4 Likes

I’ve been having a great time up until recently when I’ve been increasingly running into Hunters that can see (and sometimes even shoot) through things they should not be able to: the “railgun” hunters are the latter instance where I have regularly had them shoot me through hills (and at one point a bunker), but last night I ran into a Hunter on Himfjall where it tracked and shot at me through a church, a forest, a hill and a bunker, while it stood in the same area. It was particularly bad because it had some sort of cluster-munition launcher so it was lobbing the shots over cover. It eliminated any chance of playing cleverly: I couldn’t break contact and sneak up on it from another angle, couldn’t snipe around a corner, or find find cover and trade shots with it. The only way to “Escape Combat” was to let it kill you. I’m not sure why it’s happening but I think it’s something that needs to be changed fairly quickly so it doesn’t sour the experience for new players.

Merged relevant topics.

//Mod

It’s the same here re-spawn killer robots, also no new ammo? saved came back and 2 most important guns are missing… wtf, harvester spam rockets like aim bot, this is becoming unplayable esp runners with 50 cal sniper aim-bots you in spawn at airbase and get killed from 1000 yards away.
Played 100 hours and dam game changed to super hard no ammo and takes my special guns away when i died…
already beat the main game but this makes the replay not so good.