Machine Body Modification - The Grand Petition

No i think is more like red dawn with machines, in terminator everything is nuked. And what do you mean by vehicle? Tank, boat M1 ambrams?

Nah Dev team said they were fans of the Terminator in the 80ā€™s hence the similar theme song to terminator on the main menu of GZ. And I was thinking more on the lines of an armored vehicle with a mounted gun on the back. Can hold 4 people but someone can get on the back of it and use the gun and shoot at the bots while we drive pass them. Thatā€™s something that was in Terminator 1 when Kyle Reese was telling the story about war against the machines. And I think it was in Terminator Salvation too.

4 Likes

But i am not saying the game isnt inspired by the terminator i mean there are also a lot of bigger inspirations like i said red dawn. And why do we need a vehicle? it is loud and a death trap. The only good vehicle in my mind is a extremly reinforced tank that have a mounted Pvg90. But that whould be slow and it doesnt have a turret. And again yeah you whould alarm every machine in 8 km.

1 Like

You might want to be stealthy, but some of us donā€™t lol. Iā€™m not stealthy now. I go head on when I hear a machine nearby. I donā€™t sneak around them, I go directly into battle. Iā€™m not new to this game, I know exactly how tanks, harvesters, hunters and runners all operate now. So I would love a vehicle to aid me into battle. I want to fight lol. Iā€™ll take a noisy machine with a mounted turret or rocket launcher over stealth any day. I am The Resistance and I donā€™t sneak around lmao. Any way, enough about vehicles for me. This tread is about Bod Mods. I didnā€™t see your comment about that?

3 Likes

Yeah and i have played the game since launch and the game is good without that kind of stuff. And i have said my opinion on Body mods already.

3 Likes

Vehicles is a no for me. Maybe in a sequal but not for this game.

2 Likes

Same here. I used to be sneaking around too but now Iā€™m max level, thereā€™s nothing stopping me. I think a vehicle or 2 could be cool

2 Likes

Yeah, no body mods for me either

4 Likes

I love the theme song even more because of this

2 Likes

It could be only an option. They have option in the game now for vehicles ON or Off. You can decide to keep it off if you donā€™t want to use them. But I donā€™t why you shouldnā€™t have AN option. There are vehicles all around right now lol. Why not make some of them driveable

3 Likes

Like I said I want a bike. My fingers hurt from all this running everywherešŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Allow Vehicles? Yes or nošŸ˜. Iā€™m on the screen right nowšŸ˜‚

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. I always wondered about that. Why even put that option if they only gave us bicycles only. Did they mean to add more in the future?

2 Likes

Soon youā€™ll have iron fingers like Bruce Lee

2 Likes

Iā€™d gladly welcome more vehicle is Gen Zero

3 Likes

Guys, I do appreciate the feedback about the vehicles. So I create another post just for this topic. Because this post is about Machine Body Modification. So go check it out and leave feedback, please.

We have made it without vehicles for long now, why do we need them? Like someone else said, in another GZ game there could be that but not in this. I feel like many people wants to much, they see stuff from other games and be like yes lets bring this to GZ. The game doesnt need to be like every other game. We dont need vehicles. If the map was larger then we whould have a need because of long travel now it is too small.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I prefer GZ how it was which is why I havenā€™t done Base Defence or Base Assault or spawned a Reaper. I donā€™t need vehicles or a Terminatoresque body and I canā€™t help feeling that the Devs spend too long chasing the opinions of the people who shout loudest to the detriment of core users.
As you may have guessed I am not a Run 'n Gun player.
If the game is not what people want, then go play something that is.
( stands back awaiting the fallout)

3 Likes

If I may defend this idea, at least a little bit, just a bit. I understand peopleā€™s concern about this game becoming ā€œCyberPunk 2077ā€ or ā€œTerminator.ā€ Weā€™re talking about the timeline in an alternate 80s/early 90s, so there wonā€™t be tiny microchips just behind the eyes, or transforming your entire skeletal system into a steel, titanium alloy endo skeleton. CyberPunk and the Terminator are years into the future, like 2077 while the Terminator is set in I believe it began 2025? I may be wrong there, just my point is that the technology is no where near the levels of Terminator or CyberPunk. There may be inspiration from Terminator, but the technology isnā€™t going to compare to the advanced technology of Terminator. I believe the Devs will make downsides to the parts, like how we can cripple the machines to make them less effective. If say you have a vision upgrade, and you take damage, there may be a chance that it will affect your vision to see weak points better and even mess with your normal vision. They may add machines to use an EMP effect, or maybe some machines have the experimental shock rounds. This can actually add more depth to tactics of both players, and the AI, a more back and forth in a fight. As the Devs have said in the Base Assault trailer, that the machines watched, and learned. Which to me is a note-worthy thing to remember. So I think the Devs could actually improve the AI to see a player having a body modification, and seeing how it will deal with that player with such-and-such modification. Donā€™t forget, that the rebels in Terminator had taking the plasma weaponry, and was using it against the machines, so the machines made better defenses against their own weaponry. Like I said, Iā€™m defending this idea a little bit from people saying itā€™s going to be like CyberPunk or Terminator. I have my faith in the Devs as they donā€™t want the game to be wildly different from the art direction. I hope I made at least some sense with this long, boring post to others. :slight_smile:

What military faction do you know of that doesnā€™t have/use armored vehicles in their fleet? If we are to fight alongside the Resistance, they will need some form of artillery and vehicles to carry them. Do you want the Resistance to ride around Bikes during warfare? lmao. Thatā€™s just absurd to even thinking about lol. They even had military vehicles in the ā€œRed Dawnā€ movie that you keep referring to!!! Do you not remember at the end when they DROVE 3 or 4 Humvees with TURRETS on the back into the fight!!!. AND they even a MUSTANG with a TURRET too!!! lmaooooo. Bottom-line is GZ is changing. If you donā€™t like change, then go play Minecraft!!

2 Likes