Machine Concept Sketches

I know it may be not a wise idea to potentially argue with a Mod, but is it alright if we keep this thread for general concepts and not just machines? If that’s okay. :slight_smile:

I don’t see any problems with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s fine, but I challenge everyone to have at least one detailed concept drawing for each new idea.

1 Like

Challenge accepted. I’m working on a flying Machine, since that’s something people seem to request a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the new Christmas avatar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Obemannad Rekognosceringsflygare 90 ‘Örnen’
(Unmanned Recon Flyer 90 - ‘Eagle’)

Type Variations:

Army

Wingspan: 2,4 meters

The Eagle is first and foremost a reconnaisance craft, and can employ numerous such devices beneath it’s wings. It can however also deploy weaponry, (image featuring attached, single-shot Granatgevär M/49 in the central compartment) for hit and run tactics on enemy ground forces.

The craft is fast, mobile and uses twin rocket engines for speed boosts. It carries little to no armor however, and can be disabled with a few direct hits with small-arms weapons like the hunting rifle.

FNIX

The FNIX variant deploys a variety of weapons, amongst them a vicious 9mm rotary Microgun (image) and surveillance systems to detect humans, and alert reinforcements. It is slightly more sturdy, but again does not carry much in the way of defenses.

The presence of an Eagle can be recognised by the sound it’s afterburners make as it speeds into a combat zone. Taking them down should always be priority, or they will (like the Seekers) call for reinforcements. Once it’s munitions are spent, it needs to return to the nearest Harvester to re-arm.

4 Likes

I might put an idea I’ve been working on here if that’s alright. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve always been skeptical when people say they want humanoid machines in GZ, Not gonna lie though, you totally changed my mind. The scout you drew looks awesome. I would love to see your take on an army and FNIX version as well! The fact that it isn’t focused on combat is what makes it interesting.

I would argue that a humanoid machine that can use readily available tools would be of fairly high priority in 1989. The Cold War had yet to end, and just three years earlier the Chernobyl disaster served as a grim reminder of how messy the aftermath of a nuclear explosion is. While unlikely to match a human in dexterity, a machine that can perform tasks such as cleanup, simple repairs and even gather intel in hazardous environments would be priceless for the Army’s engineering and R&D branches.

3 Likes

Those machine sketches are really good. It’s a good start.

1 Like

Now I present you with:

A reasonably good idea but very poor execution concept drawn in the men’s washroom at the bar during break.

I drew this in five minutes at work after pulling a piece of paper out of the recycling bin. I will probably provide more details on this, but I’m a bit busy now.

2 Likes

A pig on three legs with funny hair! :smiley:

(sorry for posting my brain fart totally unfiltered, could not resist. no offense meant!)

2 Likes

It’s fine! I’m still working on this idea. :slight_smile:

Just for reference, those ‘holes’ are actually lights which I didn’t put much effort into. :slight_smile:

That was mean by me. I knew that when I posted, I apologize.

You know these things that immediately come to mind and you find them hilarious. Like seeing a funny face in a house front and you just can’t un-see it anymore.

In fairness, your name is pegnose.
That’s so damn close to “pignose”, you never had a chance not to think it. :smile:

1 Like

Omg, how could I have not noticed! :rofl:

So I asked @LittleMaylett if I could draw a better version of the robot he came up with, and he said yes.

His idea was to make a Rolling robot, which I thought could be expanded upon after this concept.

The Roller would be a Bunker Buster like machine, carrying either Gatling guns or explosives to charge their enemies with. They rely on confusing the enemies with lights and speed in order to get close to them, were they either use their ‘Mudguard’ as a Melee weapon to bash enemies with the Mudguard’s inertia, or use their Gatling gun or explosives as a kamikaze attack.

The Roller is incredibly cheap to produce, allowing it to roam mostly flat terrain in large packs.

The Roller only fairs well on reasonably flat terrain, such as beaches, roads, and fields.

@LittleMaylett came up with this idea, and I wanted to illustrate it in a very simple sketch. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a very nice new version of the roler I am very proud of u

1 Like

https://www.deviantart.com/crearteme/art/spider-bot-turntable-185904613

Immobilizer
Would shoot glue in order to temporary immobilize you.

Link Upload not working?

https://www.deviantart.com/sinisart/art/Spider-bot-by-sinisart-285361414

Mobile Heavy Armoured beetle Attack Platform (enemy, OF COURSE, not for you players. :stuck_out_tongue: )

instead naming scout you should name it Droid