"Make Some Noise" quest bug (Stuck on 3/4 and unable to progress)

As the title says I’ve encountered a main mission bug that won’t a low me to progress any further. I’m currently stuck on the objective “Gather old papers in the building Tärnboda skans 3/4” despite already completing this part of the quest right be for my game crashed, compass market has also disappeared. I’ve tried reloading the game and restarting my Xbox but nothing’s changed.

1 Like

Same, but I made it past the part you are at, my mission broke after I did something else to “make some noise” no spoilers from me.

This is why a reset mission option would be helpful. We could reset the mission and try again. Would it have the same outcome, maybe. But we could say we tried.

I honestly wish I could recall all the locations of the paper’s.

There’s a green shed, one with windows you need to set the papers on fire in the town of Tarnboda Skans. The can is by the door, just had to click on it and it set it on fire.

But like I said, I made it two steps past where you are stuck/bugged and my mission broke too.

Wish I could help more.

Thx for replying and a mission reset would be an awesome option to have in this game think this is the second time a mission has bugged for me, hopefully this one gets patched out like the last one.

PS4
Solo

So the Mission broke after I hit the sirens at the lighthouse @ Tarnboda skans.
image image

This happened a few days ago so let’s see if I can recall what happened…
Lit some papers in a trash bin, was told to go press a button at a lighthouse. Yeah probably not helpful huh?

I normally play with Stealth markers off, POI icons off and help,hints and any kind of marker I can turn off, off.

I’ve been running around for the past two days, looking all over for anything I missed. Every inch of the hotel, the town’s nearby.

The marker outside the hotel shows up on the map, nothing when outside the hotel. No one to kill, nothing to see. All help, hint, mission markers ON.

So someone want to let me know the next step? Can I force the mission to continue by standing on a mission trigger? Anything…

Player notes:
Absolutely beautiful DLC, very cool. Yes I’m stuck on a main story mission but overall the dlc is very well done. Looking forward to what’s to come, hopefully more bug fixes, and the sneaky bits of “oh that’s new”

This probably that important but when I did the mission make some noise the light house siren didn’t stop and it still won’t, so is that supposed to happen or is it a glitch?

-I love the game, and keep up the good work devs!

I think that it is supposed to keep making that sound , but if you are annoyed from the noise you can simple just turn it off , you just go to the switch and turn it off , you dont lose anything .

yeah tbh i tried that but it still didnt work

-it might be because i play on PS4

It`s a bug that sometimes happen, for now the only solution is to restart the game.

1 Like

thx for tellin me this

1 Like

No problem i play on the PS4 too, future bugs, feel free to ask or to tell about them :wink:

1 Like

So I’ve brought this topic up before back when the dlc first released but unfortunately it has not yet been fixed so here I am again.
This bug happens/happened during the mission Make Some Noise where the player has to pick up 4 notes, I originally completed this objective and then moved to the next but then the game crashed sending me back to the previous objective where I have 3/4 notes but the 4th doesn’t spawn. I’ve tried reloading the game (in everyway), uninstalling and reinstalling the game but nothing has worked. I’ve been very patient with the updates and patches for this game since I encountered the bug but there’s nothing else I can do in game since the main dlc quest is now bugged and I can no longer progress through its story. I basically spent money on content I can’t access in a game I really enjoy, please Devs fix this bug soon.

Hello @Ace298 :wave:

What platform are you on?

IF you are on PC, would you be up for sending us a copy of your save file? It would be quite helpful in our efforts to investigate, identify and address the issue.

1. Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
  2. Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
  3. Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account required)
  4. Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
  5. Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
  6. Upload and copy the link
  7. Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting! :pray:

I’m on Xbox one sorry should have mentioned.

Roger that, @Ace298!

Unfortunately we can not easily acquire save files from consoles, so IF anyone on PC is experiencing this issue and are willing to provide me with a copy of their affected save file, please contact me here via DM, thanks!

A ticket has been created for this issue and hopefully we can get around to fixing this soon.

Unfortunately the workarounds I can come up with at this time are not ideal, but I’ll mention them here anyway in case you feel like trying them:

• Potential workaround - Complete the mission (Make Some Noise) in someone else’s session as client, then after mission has been completed return to single player. No guarantee but you might get unstuck that way!
  • Workaround (Not Ideal) - Delete your save data for GenZ and start over from scratch (Deleting ALL save data via xbox interface/manage game, deleting a character inside the game is not enough). I understand this is not a great alternative, but mentioning it anyway in case you are up for it. Although a lot of mission fixes has gone into our patches since releasing the Alpine Unrest DLC, I can not guarantee that you won’t end up in a similar situation again at some point, with some mission, if you are unlucky.

Again, thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience! :pray:

Thanks for the reply but I’ve tried the first “workaround” back when I first encountered the bug but unfortunately it didn’t fix it and the 2nd just isn’t a option for me, it would really take the fun out of the game for me just to loose all that progress but thanks for your help and I hope it can be fixed soon.

1 Like

So I started the fire to make noise then I had to go to the lighthouse and do the alarm so when I did that the alarm went off then my game froze and then crashed I went back to go do the mission over and I can start the fire because I need one piece of paper left that is not there I cannot continue my mission or any further main missions without this fixed please help I’m on Xbox one btw

So I’ve brought up this matter twice several months ago where whilst playing the mission “Make Some Noise” and completing the objective “Gather old papers in the building at Tarnboda skans” my game crashed and when I reloaded the mission was set back to the objective above with 3/4 papers already picked up but when I tried to pick up the last paper it was nowere to be found. I tried reloading my game, my xbox and tried uninstalling several times but I am still unable to progress/complete this objective. It has been a few months since I brought this up a second time and I had hoped it would be fixed with the amount of updates it’s had since but unfortunately it has not been patched/fixed. I really enjoyed playing this game and would hate to have to restart and lose all of my progress and I’m still wondering if this matter has been brought up with the devs and if there’s a fix that doesn’t require the loss of my progress?

Several topics about the “Make Some Noise” mission issues merged into one, neat topic.

//Mod

Hey @Ace298 :wave: and others experiencing this issue

First of all, thank you for your patience and sorry for the long wait! :pray:

I can happily inform you that we have a potential fix for this that is in testing/verification stage, however since we haven’t been able to reproduce this issue in-house, and since we haven’t been able to get a copy of an affected (PC) save file, it’ll be hard to say for sure if it’ll work 100%. We will of course test the fix to the best of our ability regardless, and hopefully it’ll fix the issue for @Ace298 and others affected by this. At this time I can not say for sure when the potential fix will go out, and I can’t make any promises, but my guesstimate would that it’ll not be in the next patch, but more likely the patch after.

Since we are still looking to get our hands on a copy of an affected PC save file, IF anyone is having this issue (on PC) and would be up for sending us a copy of your save file it would be very helpful in our efforts to verify the potential fix that we have.

1. Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
  2. Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
  3. Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account required)
  4. Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
  5. Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
  6. Upload and copy the link
  7. Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sorry I’m a little confused, I’m on xbox one are you asking someone else to Dm you their pc save file?