Map of the GZ world with labelling

I guess that’s what I meant. At least.
But take a look at Överbytorp. Isn’t there an apparel crafting station without a safehouse?
Or south western of Balders Vall a vehicle station without anything else.

1 Like

Yttervik has two safehouse icons, one that brings you on to the dock (Game start), where the player arrived. And the house where you find you first weapon, and indeed no plundra yet.

That’s right. You get so used to all safehouses having a plundra, that it easy to forget there’s often an exception to the rule. :coffee:

I had a look, and you are right. There might be more.
The vehicle station, at the bridge was added later for the bike race. In the beginning you had to get a bike for the bike race somewhere else, which many people found a bother. I finished the bike race without that conveniently placed vehicle station.

The apparel station in Överbytorp is at old Bodil house because of the side-mission “Never trust anyone”, where we needed to craft a blast-resistant jacket (quality 1).

1 Like

Today I saw a map (at Anl 144 Vidsele)… But I really can’t find the location it shows. Any realistic ideas? It can’t be Hagaboda…

1 Like

Its Salthamn in Archipelago.

2 Likes

Puh, well, bridge in the east, soccerfield in the west does fit. Did this tongue in the north change in the past? That’s completly different.

1 Like

It is indeed Salthamn, I have it in the map-route.

These maps aren’t always too precise, and there have been several topographic changes to the game world, and those maps aren’t changed with it. There is a bit of protruding land on the map now, but it isn’t in a tongue-shape.

2 Likes

do you mean south or am i stupid?

2 Likes

You’re right.
I took a look at Gysbert’s map, the eye is southern of västra mark.

1 Like

You are right! You are not stupid.

Edit:

*I went there to see if I was right about not being intended, and sadly the Eye was removed with the “New Dawn update”. :unamused:

But I documented it in the “Mountains and Mountain Features route

1 Like

lmao no worries! i went to check it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

also, while im here, the 18th june map is the newest version right?

1 Like

The one I looked at is last changed at june 19th.

2 Likes

The map you’ll find Is always the latest update. Sometimes they are just little tweaks or correcting mistakes (I do make them). I just uploaded the last update before New Dawn, with minor changes; I changed the position of the legend to top right corner and a few more little things. :coffee:

3 Likes

So, I see that the map appears to be discontinued. I didn’t get a response to a note I sent for access to GDrive the other day, so I guess that means you’ve given up on it? I know it’s a huge job, but could you give access to the last published map anyway? Sorry to see it go, it’s been extremely useful to me.

4 Likes

Send you a PM…

2 Likes

What’s the “Soviet Car”? Is it just a normal car with soviet soldiers inside or is it a special vehicle model?

1 Like

I’m not sure at the moment.
I thought it was another model of car, but it could also be a björk just with a red star.
I could check it maybe on tuesday.

I also thought I could find a screenshot at Gysbert’s hike route guides, but it isn’t there.

You know it if you see it.

Edit:
Checked it today. I really thought it was another car, but it’s just a normal one with two soviet soldiers there.

1 Like

It’s a normal car. I put it on the map because of the two soviet bodies there. Just to remember they are there. It would have been nice if we got indeed some Soviet markings on the cars they use.

Maybe it’s intended.
Their are invaders. Should they come here with a normal soviet car? They could also draw a target marking on it then. So they used a normal swedish car instead to not get too much attraction. Didn’t work obviously, as the machines target everything and everyone.

:coffee: That might be true, if it weren’t for the Hovercrafts, Firebirds, Machines, Chests and Outposts all with soviet markings on them. It doesn’t look like they were too concerned about attracting attention.

I did not think, to add this non-special car to the route. But on hind sight, the two special Soviet soldiers make it special, so might add it. Lore-wise, I believe they were the first sighting of those armoured Soviet soldiers. Can you confirm?

1 Like