Marksman Trophy Bug

I am trying to get the 300 yard kill achievement (eagle eye) and notice the enemies render out of view at 250. This seems to be a recent update to the game. After a few hours I’m all out of ideas - is this thing bugged?
PS4

1 Like

Having the same issue. PS5 tho, but it seems I lucked out. PS4 render seems to be 250~275m. If I find anything out I’ll let ya know

1 Like

I finished all DLC and in-game trophies, except Marksman. On PS4 & PS5 the enemies render out at 250 yards making this impossible. Please advise when the next patch update is if the issue is known, so I may come back and grab my platinum

1 Like

Moved to other report, one is enough.

//Mod

Do you have a video btw? Support emailed me back asking for one

Nvm I uploaded one here

1 Like

Get the Max Hacker skill, go into multiplayer, the other players positioned away from you and near to the firebird, then hack the firebird from around 200-250 away and you should soon get the marksman trophy, from it killing enemies

Awesome I will try that. Do I need the other players cooperation? Never used hacking

Hi there! The cooperation method dont work on ps4, ennemies disappear after 250 meters…

Another topic
https://forum.generationzero.com/t/distance-render/43165/2

Waiting for a fix :neutral_face:

The Trophy Marksman in PS4 isn’t possible. The objetives dissapear after 250 meters.
Please, help me with this problem.

If you currently can’t finish it due to too limited render distances, you just can wait for a fix.
It’s a known issue and if I got it right (during the last stream), there will be a fix for it in one of the next updates, but not in the next one yet.

1 Like

UP! :skull:
We still have one platinum trophy to go.

Another topic…

No need to “Up” or to be impatient.
A solution seems to be on its way.
But we have no date yet.

@Zesiir
There are two similar topics you could merge:

1 Like

Firstly, love the game super fun. Problem I’m having, I’m on PS4 and I’m doing the challenges for the titles and stuff and one of the challenges requires you to shoot and kill an enemy that’s 300 and 375 meters away. Dope I love the challenge but I will accept a challenge like that when I can see them from that distance :sob::sob:.
Please fix!!

This is actually quite an easy task. Though I get what you mean it is a shot beyond rendering distance. I stood at hikers barrack and fired rockets at the archipelago till it triggered a 645 m shot. Totally blind shot though.

1 Like

-Hello Generation Zero :grinning:
Same problem on PS4, Marksman trophy is impossible to do.
We can’t see enemies more than 250 meters away, they simply disappear from the screen after 250 meters…

Hope a fix for the last trophy!
Thank you and best wishes :alien:

(Maybe put this topic in Support and Bug Reports)

-Other players are talking about it on the internet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenerationZeroGame/comments/15jxbqg/marksman_trophy_ps4/?rdt=64940

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenerationZeroGame/comments/14bz978/problems_with_the_eagle_eye_challenge/

-A video of the problem in question:

You could try to reduce the fov setting. Lower fov = less rendered objects in fov = more objects in further distances may be rendered.

Another workaround:
Play with at least two players in total. A spotter and a shooter. The spotter runs or drives close to the machines while the shooter, who can’t see the targets from his/hers position fires with rockets at the spotters position.

As soon as you destroyed a target and the challenge is counted, change roles.

We don’t have these options on PS4 :pensive:

Maybe it has another name, but it is there.
I’m playing the PS4 Version, too.

Here a screenshot of mine:

You do have this option. You find it in the general setting areas area where you change stuff like Hold to interact and Difficulty