May 25 2023: Tactical Response Update Discussion

Ok im almost 100% sure that this thing is an IED, C4, Tnt, some kind of bomb with robot tech.

or…it could be a machine Taser :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

@Madchaser You talk too much sometimes, you know? But at least this is the propper topic for that.
What i mean is that we have a very limited space, and too few enemies to be able to use so many items.

We end up using most of the same items, and many of these items have weak damage, so there is not much inclination to use them.

Actually @Gysbert I WANTED these types of items, and i intend to buy this new pack, but they are usually “Weak” or disappointing, so if they are weak and occupy the inventory/invisible backpack, its more efficient to just use the standard items and weapons.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a block of cheese with an antenna attached to it. The resistance ran out of C4 ages ago.

1 Like

I though some of the military bases had artillery bases at them?

Factually untrue. I assume things based on past experiences with the game.

I want them to fix the main game and stop relying on spamming micro-dlc sales to stay profitable.
Any time I give negative feedback I am told to “move on, the game is not for you”. This kinda seems weird to me because I thought this game was built on “community feedback”.

I liked the game enough to play it a lot, but they went a direction that has only made it far worsethan what they could have reasonably done.

I am leaving feedback, that is allowed. If they did some stuff that I thought was good, I would talk about it, but the last time they did that was months ago.

7 Likes

Feedback is fine, but there is such a thing as too much negativity. Please keep that in mind when you post, otherwise it brings the thread down. I’ll quote the Code of Conduct for now:

3 Likes

Coastel artillery.
But who knows which secrets are still there to be revealed. Maybe Norrmyra artillery base has more to offer from deep under the arena…

It was a brick phone. Heavily modified though.

1 Like

I appreciate your openness but please let me be completely straight here: I worked with lot of companies (yeah Swedish) and the difference between progress and decline was the ability to calculate ROI and split the tasks among multiple teams to mitigate the risk (which is always presents no matter how big the plans are).

As I understood from diverse conversations, there is not just one team but multiple so I don’t see why it would be impossible to handle both small and big DLCs.

And I guess you are not working in waterfalls but the agile way so teams are capable of working on multiple tasks, so even if you are not a big studio and you are simultaneously working on multiple titles, there are people (story writer, asset designer, engine programmer) who are able to work across teams and titles.

So what I say, even it the big DLC takes some time (let’s say to prepare new island, new story, etc…) you should be able to cover your costs by working on small DLCs with help with other teams (and I don’t believe they are so darned busy, we all know lagom is a fluffy term :-D)

And you always have option to temporarily stuff up, one thing the last couple of years could teach us is that people can work from anywhere and are still very capable to deliver stuff.

So again, we appreciate the work you do, we are here really big fans of GZ, but as a company which produced Alpine Unrest, please don’t tell me you are not capable of hitting the bull’s eye twice :pray:

3 Likes

A sensory jammer?
For which sensors?
Not sure how useful this can be.
Does it work almost like a mobile stealth generator? (all sensors of the surrounding machines are jammed, therefore you can move next to them without attracting them?)

Yeah it’s basically just a stealth boy from fallout. Makes you effectively invisible to the machines.

I wonder if it even works in mid of a battle, or just if you haven’t been detected yet.

So the last few years of honing my stealth skill to a fine art of being able to “steal candy from a baby” and sneak right up to lone machines will be made useless with this device. Where is the fun in that?

And does it hide the whole squad in co-op or just the user? The machines would become even more just moving targets not firing back?

Seems the game will get a lot easier for a lot of players.

Skill is overrated nowadays.
There always is a tool that does it for you.

Sadly, some newer mechanics, features, items are change the experience from the game in a large way, because some of the old skills aren’t needed any more, although they are fun.

If it wouldn’t be a paid dlc I almost would have thought that the devs maybe prepare a skill tree revamp.

But now it indeed goes almost in a pay2win direction. You don’t need hacking and sneaking skills and apparel any more and can focus on armor and damage, because you get items that do the rest for you.

Besides of that I think they can be fun to use. I’ll see. And let’s see what comes next. And maybe there also a synergies with the mentioned skills that grant longer effects for example.

1 Like

I’m not gonna pretend there is something positive I care to talk about just to make people feel better.

7 Likes

Good to know. Guess we’ll see what comes.

1 Like

I am not talking about the skill you have to use points to get but the ones you learn from understand how things work in the game. From the machines targeting abilities to their use of their sensors to detect and track targets. Or when they are not in combat mode the machines very limited field of “view”. And knowing that you can jump and point in any direction while in air, shoot and then run in that direction. Move in any direction and still keep aim on the target.

There has not been an update or DLC that has changed the use of those skills. Some of the things gained from DLCs and updates have made the more playable and those that didn’t add anything for me are just left in storage.

I buy the DLCs more to support the development of the game in a hope of a game that continues to expand and be fun to play, than a short-term gain of better anything. I did hope that updates like the Soviet machines and control points/bases were also DLCs so they could be added, or not, to a player’s game at will for a more custom map.

2 Likes

FwlVvTgWAAETfp7

What could it be.

1 Like

Remote controlled car with bomb or boom box? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks like that.