May Update Now Live!

I have the same issue…

2 Likes

I’m running into the exact same problem…

2 Likes

Helt omöjligt att logga in. Spelet kraschar och stänger av, varenda gång…

2 Likes

yeah, same here. Saved off my player info and deleted game. Now reinstalling from disk and re downloading the patch. Will see if it will let me start fresh. If so, then try reloading my saved user info back in.

2 Likes

I was actually thinking this was as a feature, not bug. The destroyed machines might still have backup power supply for electronics, while all the hydraulics/servos/engines being destroyed. Just laying on the ground and waiting for backup power to run out. Kind of brutal.

1 Like

Come up with a work around to get the PS4 Version to work?

Don’t say reinstall. That would take me over 24hours. Not happening.

Is this some sort of sick joke for preordering the game? Punishment for supporting you guys?

Non the less it’s not funny. Nor fun… the menu just isn’t that challenging. Plus I already watched the credits last week.

Hope you see the humor. :wink:. Well guess I’ll wait. Maybe one day soon someone figures out the blue crash screen.

I’m going to delete the saved data and see if it’s a loading crash. I’ll report back in a few.

Edit: deleted player saved data and that’s a big negative.

5 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t see your post sooner, Led77vette, or I could have advices you against deleting the save. I did that since I only had about an hour of play time, and it solved jack s***.

2 Likes

I just bought the game yesterday for ps4 and really enjoyed my experience thus far. I went to play a few minutes ago and try out the hacking skill I just unlocked, and then found out the update broke the game.

Can’t continue. Crashes every time.

Not a good second day with the game. If I have to start over after playing almost all day yesterday I’m taking the disc back to the store. I’ve never returned a game in my life if that puts it into perspective.

Please fix this asap, devs.

1 Like

Love how they’re trying to make things nicer for new players but still apparently assuming everyone will want to play co-op. It shouldn’t’ be that hard to tone down damage (a lot) for people who are playing solo. The whole exploration aspect when playing solo is nice, up until you run into an enemy scaled to assume you have certain gear by the time you get there and get murdered repeatedly, especially when the game did not have that issue to anywhere near the same degree on day one. The issue isn’t AI skill, it isn’t even adrenalin shots not dropping enough (no, seriously, they’re a symptom, before damage got amped across the board I hadn’t used one until I got to Norra Saltholmen, now I can’t get to Iboholmen church without having to use 3-4), it’s just plain damage (well, more accurately it’s the lack of ability to manage aggro efficiently solo, it’s just that reducing damage eliminates that issue completely).

1 Like

Minken Bunker is not fixed. Fly by Night is not fixed. O and now I die as soon as a Bot thinks that humans might exist. There is no shooting there is no killing. Its one shot and you die. I can get hit twice from a tick then I die on the third one. Runner kills me in three shots or less with 9mm rounds. Any shot gun runner using bird shot or otherwise is a one shot kill. Hunters are still stupid unfun pieces of crap.

This update added some bells and whistles, but pretty much made anything else impossible. I guess I wont be playing for a 3rd month in a row. I so much wanted to though. Game is unplayable at the moment. Generation Zero is now so hard it makes the Dark Souls game seem as whimsical as Mario Kart.

1 Like

Psn has cloud saves so I didn’t loose anything. I just loaded it back on to the system. Hell I’ve actually already beat 90% + of the story already and wanted a fresh run that wasn’t “broken.”

I finished all the bunkers and apparently couldn’t complete or find the end quest. Unsure what was the case.

One last thing I’m trying right now… rebuilding the database from safe mode…

Edit: BIG negative on rebuilding the PS4 database in safe mode. Now 4tb of games to place in folders again… fml.

2 Likes

Oh cool, new ‘fixes’ … gunna go try them ou- oh yea, that’s right… the game DOESN’T EVEN RUN NOW!

Explosive damage “fixed” they say, yet I just read a post about every single type of explosive only doing 1% DMG! Lol

So many of these things that they ‘fixed’ aren’t fixed at all… who are you guys trying to kid? The new players?! Well maybe they’ll fall for it, or maybe they’ll be smarter than I, and several others who paid $35-$50 for this broken game, and go watch several reviews, read YouTube comments from players, and come here to see how disappointed everyone is right now, and have been for the last 2+ months!

Storage boxes? Crafting & Resource stations? Expected when exactly…? Also, how long will the inventory stay broken for? Where every time I pick up bullets that I’m currently using, it takes up a slot in my inventory so I have to remove the bullets from my weapon, stack the 2 piles together, then put them back in the gun… When will you guys completely overhaul the inventory system completely so we don’t have to go into our menus mid fight to equip something like simple medkit to standard medkit, different ammo types when we run out of one kind, and different explosives when we’ve thrown all of one kind?

Also for the quick few mins I was able to get into the game earlier, I’ve noticed my active missions that still needed doing were still missing. And I have missions completed that I’ve never even started or found, which I’m assuming transferred over from the other guys game I joined last night. And if I have to choose to restart my entire game, I choose uninstall and forget this game even existed!

I will be making sure EVERYONE that I speak to about this game, knows that it’s beyond broken, and will not be worth buying for at LEAST another year…

Otherwise, good job guys! I now have a Camera to take pictures of a game I can’t play! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, if it’s not fixed by tomorrow I’m just taking it back. Thank God for physical discs.

I remember when 7 Days to Die had a game breaking update (suddenly using ladders made your thirst go to maximum) and they fixed it in a day. And that’s a smaller team with a lower budget.

Fingers crossed they can fix it, because I’ve been waiting to enjoy this game. My second day with it has been less than enjoyable due to this brick of an update.

3 Likes

Yeah, I also came across this issue. Explained what I did in this thread.

https://forum.generationzero.com/t/explosives-are-they-even-doing-anything-now/

So basically now there’s no way to kill the big robots solo any more. Nice “fix” to explosives. Did anyone actually test this?

1 Like

There’s a 14 day psn refund. But games that blue screen the system or crash like the old Kerbal space program, Anthem… They definitely work with the player.
I never bought Anthem, but I was over the 14 days on KSP. Got a refund and a few weeks later it was off the PSN market.

They absolutely have to fix this. Not only are they losing money but so is Sony. It only takes so many reports before Sony say “ It’s broken and you apparently can’t get it to work on Our system so have a nice day. “

And there killing the player base. You know what’s a good game? Days Gone…

2 Likes

I think it’s safe to say they did no testing on the update aside from maybe one PC that they use lol! This is just pathetic! I’m so glad they’re getting this much sh!t from everyone now. Maybe now they’ll listen…?

2 Likes

Physical disc for me. Means I have to dig through the trash and hope I can find the receipt from yesterday.

1 Like

Ah man, lesson learned here: NEVER throw away receipts for anything. No matter what it is, in this day and age everything seems to made so cheap and crappy, but you can always return stuff! Lol.

1 Like

I think it’s time for me to shelve GZ for a couple of months to see if it gets fixed. I can’t play solo since my missions are all screwed and due to explosives now being completely broken, I can no longer solo kill big guys that actually give the worthwhile rewards. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing this game at all now.

3 Likes

Remember when games had books in them? Glad they left the tab that held them in place… good place to put that receipt.

3 Likes