May Update Now Live!

This should never have happened. Quite literally no one at either Avalanche or Sony tested the patch. They simply submitted it to Sony, who clearly couldn’t be bothered to check it worked, and it was immediately permitted to publish.
It’s not often you see such incompetence on such a scale from two parties like this. But it’s too late for me now. I deleted GenZero this evening and bought World War Z. Haven’t come across a single bug yet.

3 Likes

Just got out of chat with Sony. They don’t test anything. Nor do they seem to care if it doesn’t work. They said take it up with the devs.

Quote: “we didn’t make you buy the game “

To that I replied. “Eat a dick.”

He also said it’s not God if War or Days Gone so basically they don’t seem to care if it doesn’t actually work… really hate Sony right now.

Fatalist has the excuse of being a small team and no ones prefect. But I thought Sony’s job was to make sure a update doesn’t brick there system. Plus there big… they can take the blame this time. Idk if this logic is logical but I’m giving the devs another chance.

Long rant short. I’m breaking up with Generation Zero after the next heartbreak update…maybe

Who am I kidding, I enjoy this community too much to give up on them.

1 Like

My May update: selling it on eBay.

2 Likes

Hi there i play it on the ps4 Pro and it didn’t crash when i wanna continue … I was praying😁 i Hope the fps is better now too

2 Likes

No. Obviously none of this was tested. If it were it would’ve been immediately clear the update did nothing significant for anyone. I’d rather be sick to my stomach with headbob than to never be able to load the game up again. Nicely done. Rollback the ps4 patch in the meantime or lose what little playbase is left after this utter bullshit

2 Likes

rollback the ps4 patch agreed

4 Likes

iam a ps4 player. Well… Iam at the airfield in the moment and i think the performance is just a little bit better…but still Not good AND the Robots didn’t really react when i open fire on them. I was fireing from a small storage (no shelter) I destroyed 4 tanks 1 harvester and a couple of Hunters and runners without a problem. 1 Tank even tried to escape :thinking: after the big boys i eliminate a group of 5 runners. The range was round about 150 Meters and no one react they we’re Just walking there across the airfield

Jo the Machine corps are gone now but i can still hear there noise but i can’t see nothing.

Yeah another little bug… The footsteps of the Charakter is Not working sometimes

1 Like

Quick XBox update from the One-S (my X still hasn’t been replaced) after about an hours play.

Sorry Devs I really want to be positive, but I’m worried that simply being able to play the game shouldn’t really be viewed as a plus.

The update didn’t kill the game (should this really be a plus point?)

Runners seem to be a bit slower on the update that there is an alleged human around, I can live with this as it is supposed to be the 80s and processing power wasn’t cheap in those days.

Less tearing on screen and seems to be a little smoother than before, however I had no huge fights in that period) but tearing was definitely reduced on the short play. May be the compiler options used or a bit of work done, but it felt a little more like the One-X version,I will take this as a win

No difficulties switching between weapons (but that was intermittent) but I will take this as an improvement

Enemies seem to deal more damage than before, could be my imagination and I don’t welcome that as I’m a solo player but I will put that in the ‘to be checked later pile’

No refusal to accept ammo when starting the game in the 3 times I started the game (was about a 50% rate previously) but too soon to be sure, but I’m hopeful

Fast travel worked fine (I have seen this reported as an XBox issue) so it’s simply an observation

No vanishing ammo, which I welcome

Somebody stole all the explosives damage, not good at all

Definitely needs a new patch if only for the explosives, I have taken Tanks down with a hunting rifle and AK before but but after doing it once I decided it’s not a fun pasttime.

3 Likes

This is why the devs should of released a few fixes at a time like they did with that hotfix. Releasing a load of fixes at once can cause new bugs to arise (as seen by Bethesda’s track record with patching games).

2 Likes

@Skyrimz_UK

I’ve heard that on PS4 and Xbox they are charged for updates and patches.

I don’t know if this is fact, maybe someone can expand on this.

May explain why they stick to updating once a month

1 Like

It’s less about money, more about quality assurance. Changes undergo testing by the internal QA team AS WELL as Sony and Microsoft respectively. This process can take up to one week, and if they don’t like your changes, you have to resubmit them and wait again. That’s why a monthly patch makes more sense.

2 Likes

@SR_Carni

Thanks for clarifying :+1:

3 Likes

Still locked out of Minkin Bunker and still cant finish missions, still have 8-10 missions that just vanished from my active missions. Now I cant even play it. Please do not add anything till you fix the bugs. I love this game and I dont even want to play it anymore. I’m locked out of 2 trophies. I have over 200 clothing items, no trophy. Cant even finish warboard missions if I cant access one whole warboard.

2 Likes

good feedback , no hate or being rude, good post @cta102

On the bright side, this has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I’m going to

1 Like

I have problems switching between weapons.
It’s like there is a delay where if you press it too soon after unzooming or switching, it just highlights the weapon I’m trying to switch to, but doesn’t switch, then when I press it again it highlights my current weapon, and does a weapon switch animation to the same one. Also, I have major frame drop when in a big fight. Probably like 10fps… almost everything they said they fixed, isn’t fixed.

4 Likes

Congratulations on a very good patch.

After a few hours of game play on PC I really like the changes done to the first island. The increased number of machines walking around improves the game a lot. The small extra scenes added improves the story a lot and makes the world feel more a live (or at least used to be alive).

I haven’t seen any regressions so far and haven’t had any crashes yet after the patch.

4 Likes

Yeah i have the same problem on ps4 with switching weapons

3 Likes

Uttern Bunker is still broken.

The Uttern Bunker power issue has been fixed so you can get into the War Room, but when you interact with the board it says “Mission Completed”, but the Objectives still stay in “Destroy Enough Machines…”

So we’re still stuck

3 Likes

I had Uttern unlocked prior to the patch and I can still fast travel into the safe house but I can’t go anywhere as it’s locked and powered down. I can go in from the main entrance. I can get down to the gas room and hit the switch, but power doesn’t actually come on and all doors inside remain locked.