More complex survival

I don’t want a hunger system like in some other games. One reason is our inventory management can be a pain as it is without adding more things to carry. Maybe they can add the ability to interact with some of the food already scattered around the map. We wont have to put it in our bags, just eat it where we find it to get a little health back.

3 Likes

I really loved that one, give it a go.

I’ve also played it. Immersive atmosphere, great story, extensive survival elements and at times, very scary as well.

I played it half in VR. Loved the fact that you could just switch between monitor and headset.

</off topic>

The Solus Project! That was indeed fascinating!
@drimaxus you also have The Forest and S.T.A.L.K.E.R games with those features :wink:

Food in a survival way, no thank you. But food as a long term heath regen is a great idea. Like 1 point per second for an hour or something. Also the idea of using the food found in the world already is brilliant.

1 Like

Imagine being able to use it without putting it in your inventory first. Maybe making room before that. And then hot-slotting it. And then selecting the slot. And then opening the can. And then consuming the food. And then re-slotting the nades you replaced in the process. And then loosing health because of exhaustion.

Oh boy this quality of life.

1 Like

yeah maybe I wasnt thinking in a complicated food and cooking system etc, more like an excuse to go inside houses cause right now houses are boring, it takes a long time to go through them and they are mostly empty, there is no point in going inside them. I thought a solution was to use food as immediate health recovery, you can go into cupboards and get healed, not necessarily taking up space on your inventory, or if it does its just like first aid kits do.

No…Just please no. This is NOT that game…Why waste graphics, memory, development time & risk even more performance issues for stuff like this, crafting, base building & car driving? All things that are available in so many other games. Why do gamers today want games to have easy modes or be turned into carbon copies of other games?

Sorry for the rant but read one to many post asking for things so many other games already do.
SPP

2 Likes

At current game, there is plenty of initiative to go inside houses. Houses are the single best cover there is. Inside the house, you’re covered from 5 sides (4 sides around you + above) and you can easily win huge battles when battling from inside the house, making house your fortress. Houses are especially helpful for solo players (like me).

Also, finding a backpack with first aid kit or ammo box with some ammo is helpful during the battle. Drop a field radio inside the house and you have a makeshift safehouse. Drop few paramedic response packs in it to quickly heal up during the battle. Parkour your way to the roof and you have good sniping spot or the very least, a good vantage point to scout the surrounding area.

One of my common tactics is to sneak into a house, secure it (close all doors and switch off all lights), drop heavy comm lure just outside and wait for the battle to come to me.

2 Likes

My experience is that depending on the enemy, houses can also be really bad cover if you are inside of them.

Well, if you leave front or back door open for ticks or runners to walk in then yes, you can get yourself very easily cornered.
Military hunter’s gas mortar can also gas the insides of the house but all houses are big enough for them not to completely fill with gas, leaving you some space free of gas.
Other than these two instances, i haven’t seen any other issue using house as a cover.

1 Like

Hunters using their blade through walls, rocket dogs or explosives from tanks and harvesters damaging you within houses, dogs shotgunning you from seemingly impossible angles…

Enemies diffusing through walls.

And here I am thinking houses are too safe. I wish more machines were lurking in houses.

1 Like

More complaining about survival eating. blah blah blah. “I’m booored”. Not going to happen. There are 1000s of cans of food inside houses, sheds, buildings etc. Help yourself. I’m sure there’s a can opener in a kitchen somewhere. I’m glad we could close this case finally…

Please install food, drink, vehicles to drive[motorcicle or cars] npc bandits and survivor, loot the bandits and help the survivor aaand complete best great survival game

2 Likes

There’s been a number of threads about this already. The devs have stated that it’s unlikely that the game will take on survival mechanics like food and drink, bandits etc as it strays too far from their vision. But we’ve seen other such features like bicycles and helping survivors, so who knows what the future brings?

I feel like there has been too many threads to count on this subject. :confused:

I recall I suggested that there was more hardcore navigation a while back, and I still stand by that opinion.

Hey @Maxdemage

First off, welcome to the GZ community forums! Please have a read of our code of conduct.

Since this is a duplicate post, i’ll be locking this. Please do a search of our forums and you will find multiple other threads that have been created and thoroughly discussed on this topic.

Thanks!
boston_51

1 Like

It’d be good to have some hunger/thirst and a crafting system.It would improve exploring and looting system.In my opinion it would be best to add these maybe it can be in another mode like Survival mode or something.Other than that game has a lot of bugs and it really needs an update and an AI Improvement.Sometimes they got stuck to somewhere sometimes even i shoot to them it does nothing even if it does something then enemy is not responding.Actually they dont even care about me sometimes even if i run around them.And the last thing is we need optimization even with 1050 ti sometimes my fps goes lower than 20 fps.

Thanks from now on for your improvements and attention.

1 Like