Multiplayer Issues Collection Thread

Had a new one yesterday - while repairing host’s base post base defence - it dash crashes us all

For clients to get schematic points from rivals, they must get the killing shot. Whoever has the killing shot, is the one to get the point

The game became totally UNPLAYABLE the other day. My friend hosted on PC, and I joined in on Xbox Series S.

We had a few disconnects in the beginning that led to him having to restart the server. Nothing terrible, but annoying.

As we progressed to Farmlands though, I started to disconnect every 10-15 minutes or so. Also, I couldn’t drive my moped without the game just silently crashing (and occasionally freeze before the crash). Particularly when driving through the fields in Farmlands.

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS. The gameplay is fun, and we paid for the game. It’s currently not very inspiring to play since it’s almost impossible.

There appears to be synk issues related to moped/motoryckles in MP, sometimes a player appears to be running behind his motorcycle, while the bike is driving itself.
This looks quite silly especially over longer drives as the player lags behind, but “teleports” to the bike when dismounting.

When this happens, everything looks normal for the affected player, usually only one player will see the lag-effect, but at least on one occasion was this visible to more than one player.

I had this some times, too. Even with bicycles.
It’s like if you want to go into a narrow container, but can’t, because another playwr blocks you. The other player on the other hand has the same issue. He can’t get in, too, because the 1. Player blocks him. They block each other because the game didn’t sync their positions correctly.

Purchased the game through Steam about a week ago. Been having multiplayer drops ever since. I think the issue is Steam. Is there a Anti Steam work around? Hard to play with friends when we keep getting dropped. I’ve tried to host and buddy gets dropped after 10-25 minutes. He has hosted and I get dropped every 10-25 minutes. We are both on a 1 gig fiber internet so no slow connection issue.
Thanks,
Storm

Did you test the beta version?
It should bring more stability as it’s there to test some performance improvements.
You can even use your current savegame, there is a manual how to do that in the web and somewhere here in the forum.

I’ll try and give it a shot if I can find the Beta Version on Steam.
Thanks,
Storm

Well I can’t find the Beta Version on Steam :confused:

You need to opt in with a code, it’s posted here.

1 Like

I think my friend and myself connection issue is Steam and not the game itself. We played for nearly an hour earlier on steam before he lost connection. And then it was every 10-20 minutes he would lose connection. Its drastically worse at night when the West Coast of the USA start playing games on Steam then we can’t play at all.

Is there a Dev around that reads these post? Is there a way to get a non Steam copy of the Game directly from those that created it instead of our Steam copy?

Or do we have to have Steam to play MP?

Thanks in advance
Storm

If you’re a GamePass Ultimate subscriber the non Steam PC version is included in the subscription, or it’s available to buy in the MS Store but your progress won’t carry over from Steam.

The MS version is a “play anywhere” title so you can play on Xbox / PC / cloud with your new progress carrying over between the platforms and you can cross play with people on Xbox / PC (non Steam).

Playing on ps5, I am having an issue joining friends in multiplayer. I can join Random people from the multiplayer but anytime I try to join my friend through an invite it shows joining game and then nothing. Same with trying to join them through the multiplayer.

I’ve restarted the console, tried deleting and redownloading the game and have my internet run through LAN

Where are the devs! They seem mia this game just got released on game pass they should do everything in their power to fix main issues! If they don’t do anything they are letting the game die!

The devs are hard at work getting the next update ready, which will include fixes for many issues.
I don’t think they’re just going to release fixes on demand.

I just downloaded this game from game pass I had high hopes for it me and my buddy are enjoying this game and it’s gonna suck if we can’t finish the campaign… I did some research and it seems like there’s the same bugs people are having that’s been months of no fix which shouldn’t be expected from a game pass game. If they’re want more players they should make the game finishable before releasing it in game pass and blue balling everyone at the end. I really hope they fix the Major campaign issues. I’m okay with a few bugs but if the missions aren’t finishable what’s the point in playing??

You should have done more…

1. The game is from 2019. Many other games even don’t live as long regarding updates and new content.
  2. It came to game pass just after they solved some major issues of the games architecture regarding xbox compatibility which where the reason that the “resistance update” was released for xbox about half a year after pc and playstation. So you could say that the whole development stopped for half a year just for making the version of march 2021 compatible with xbox. And by this, xbox version even got some improvements, which the playstation version never got. This was in november 2021. The game is on game pass for more than a year now and got numerous updates, improvements and bug fixes.

Now that there is bug that 1 mission cannot be finished, a bug that has been discovered after the latest update in december 2022 during the devs vacation, you should at least be a bit sensible and have some patience to wait for the already for this month announced hotfix.

Some seem to think that the solution for every bug lies directly next to the bug in the drawer and that the devs just want to annoy us.

My main issue with Multiplayer at the moment is the constant and consistent crashing while using the KVM 56 Experimental with shock ammo.

Using this gun and triggering the arc lightning has been a reliable way to crash our multiplayer game and has caused my Significant Other and I to just toss them in storage never to be touched.

The KVM 59 Experimental has never crashed my game in Single Player though.

1 Like

I had both, crashes in single and multiplayer with this gun using shock ammo.

Maybe it’s just to fast for necessary calculations. :man_shrugging: I had the crashes more often while using an usb-ssd for the game. Since I installed it on internal memory of my ps5 I didn’t have so many crashes.
And synching all the data over network is even slower than just the writing and reading processes on the memory.

Hello I would just like to say that I have a lot of crashes when I play in multiplayer and that we use the bike it crashes almost every time