Multiplayer Issues Collection Thread

Since my husband and I first downloaded the game years ago (I usually join his game), my game will say that I am no longer connected to the multiplayer session. It’s always at random times. We never get to play for more than 30 minutes. Today we tried to play and it kicked me about 5 minutes into playing. We are playing on a ps4 and a ps5, but this has been happening since we got the game. At the time we both had ps4.

Is your internet connection fast enough to handle both simultaneausly?
Did you unlock all necessary ports in the router?
If you miss some, it could cause some troubles while playing online.

PlayStation, Started 7/18/23. No longer getting credit for completing FMTel missions in other people’s games. My fire team was playing in my game, and we had the **** 7 base assault mission yesterday, and not a single one of them got credit for the bases we destroyed in my game. I did. They didn’t. In fact, the bases weren’t even blowing up for them. Once they blew up for me, they saw the robots go flying, but none of the walls came down and they didn’t get credit. There were no base assaults today to confirm issue persistence.

Platform: PC
Description: Second player cannot join game anymore. After accepting invite, there’s a brief loading screen and then just the main menu (no error message). Invites worked fine on 24th of July (this was after the multiplayer crash bug hotfix was installed), but stopped working on 25th of July.
Steps To Reproduce: Player 1 hosts game that was previously played together with the same character as previously. Opens multiplayer menu, invites player 2 who played in the same world previously. Player 2 accepts invite.
It’s also possible to reproduce by having player 2 invite player 1.
Video: is available but I can’t attach it.
Host or Client: Both. Issue exists even if roles are switched - the client can’t join the host.
Players in your game: 1 (second player can’t join)
Specifications: Can provide when I know what would be relevant. Drivers are updated.

1 Like

Platform: PC
Description: FNIX Locations and Missions do not populate on map or alliances bases
Steps To Reproduce: Log in to game, accept friend invite, once loaded check the map; no alliance base and no FNIX bases show on map, as well as not able to fast travelling to alliance base.
Host or Client: Client
Players in your game: 2
Spec: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
No pen or touch input is available for this display
Windows 10 Home
Images / Videos:

1 Like

My friend’s icon is where the Alliance base is supposed to be but doesn’t appear. Further note: this only started happening after the companion update came out.

Hey guys, on PS4 the hotfix from today barely fixed anything. Terrain is disappearing and multiplayer is crashing just like it was when Companion update released. On the bright side I was able to fight for a short while with a friend, then it kicked me out of the game and when I returned it auto killed my Runner, breaking it’s armor.

Platform: PS.

Multiplayer is at least stable, but it is nowhere near fixed enough to be worth playing still. It is still not possible to get credit for dailies in a hosted session for anyone but the host. We don’t even have 7 bases between us, much less each, to run a Cursed Day. Without being able to run multiplayeer content in a multiplayer setting with multiplayer credit for doing multiplayer things, there’s not point to playing the game.

Effect on Gameplay: My fire team and I are no longer testing this iteration of the multiplayer fix. We will NOT be playing the game until the situation improves. Stability is only part of the issue. The rest is that you screwed up daily quests completely.

Have not played multiplayer since well before the Companion and hot fix updates. Today had with only 1 added player, they crashed 6 times with in a few minutes, they could not see my control points, they could not see enemy control points, the joined player icon on the map would jump around, they would join the game and be invisible (I would see a floating gun sometimes), I could see nothing but them shooting in some instances, the could not see or hit enemies. It was a jumble of issues we had. Managed with rebooting modems, verify files (all were good), and few game reboots were able to play for a bit, but still had some of these issues with viewing the map and moving around to control points.

Moved to MP Issues thread.

//Mod

Ever since companion update me and my friends cant see each others claimed bases no matter who hosts.(and cant teleport to any of them either)

Claimed bases does not allow anyone but the host to build/repair (the press B part is gone, setting is checked and should allow it.)
Anyone/everyone can still interact with placed stations but not build nor repair.

Base defenses are a 50/50 whether the people who joins get the reward.
If any walls stay up = no rewards.
If all the walls actually go down upon victory = rewards.
Walls always go down for the host, always giving the victory reward.

Sometimes the people who join wont see any walls at all and can freely run through and even attack the red nodes, any attacked red nodes from these players cant be destroyed (by anyone even the host) and requires a restart before it works.

The players who can clip through these walls will not get the reward and will mostly DC untill the host restarts.

So as many has probably seen here and there. There is this issue where the client might see an enemy the host doesn’t see. Which I’ve figured out is seemingly caused by rendering. The enemy doesn’t move for the host properly until the host can get it into rendering range, at which point the client might see the one they are looking at just “disappear” as it teleports back to the position the host sees.

I am on xbox s, the game crashes on me everytime I bring out a motor bike, it happens on all of them to. Issue happens everytime to even when I do multi-player with my friends to. Only bike it does not is the bicycle, everything else it will kick you out.

Shock ammo in multiplayer made game crash alot!

Platform: PC (Steam)

Description: When I start shooting I crash to the main menu.

Steps To Reproduce: When we have the runners helping us shooting at hostile enemies triggers disconnection from the host.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Another Steam user (happened with two different hosts with one of them having a lot better internet connection, and nobody else experiences this out of the four players)

Players in your game: Four players.

Specifications: Since last week about 2023.07.26 every time I join the session everything is fine as long as we don’t get into a fight. As soon as I start shooting the opposing machines I get disconnected immediately. Before that date playing together with the same host and same group was fine and didn’t disconnect me from the game.

I haven’t seen anyone having the same issue. Please if you have some tips on how to solve this do tell me as I’m unable to play together with my friends. Thank you.

Hello Guys and Devs.

I can report multiple Bugs.
I install all driver on the newest updates. Windows 11 / i9-13900k / 64GB DRR4 3600Mhz / RTX 3070ti / Game is on M.2 SSD

First bug is the companion multiplayer crash. When i play with a friend 2 hours and then i put my dog in the world, the multiplayer kicks me out. I think you know that bug. Today is the 5. August 2023.

Nvidia Shadow Play / Video recording over Nvidia experience.
When i activate my video saving feature, the game crash complete with a huge infinite loop in GPU program. I dont have these in other games. That is why i think that is a game problem.
Loop

Then the another multiplayer bug what comes with the companion update.
When i capture with a friend a FNIX base, i see the walls from the old FNIX base but not my friend. The other thing is on my map is that a base what we can capture without enemys. But when you go to this area, you find a lot of enemys and a active FNIX base.

Okay i think that are all bugs what i know in this moment. Hope you fix that great game in the next weeks.

Have a nice weekend and have fun :slight_smile:

Multiple Multi-Player Bug Report

My friends and I have been having multiple problems with multiplayer on PC via Steam.
In all cases, one of us will host and invite the others to play.

1. Resistance bases show up as neutral.
    For the host, bases show up normally. But guests that are invited see all the resistance bases as neutral instead of a base they they can fast travel to for crafting and supplies.

2. Frequent crashes
    While the host seems mostly ok, the guest of multiplayer who are invited crash frequently. Once they crash, once they join again, they are invisible to the other players.

3. Zombie guests.
    Once a guest does crash, they do not exit the world. So if JohnPlayer joins the game and then crashes, that instance of JohnPlayer does not leave the game even when JohnPlayer joins the game again. The game then gets very confused as to which JohnPlayer to show to the rest of the players. You still can’t see the model but the distance indicator will bounce around between the zombie(s) and live player – until the live player crashes again and THAT instance becomes a zombie.
    It’s not possible to use the multi player menu to kick the zombies from game.

We’ve been unable to play multi-player since the companion update. Please let me know if there’s any specific testing I can do to help with finding the problem.

Thanks,

1 Like

@cbdougla
Welcome, This has actually happened to me.
But would you be able to send pictures?

Way outside my wheelhouse, I have not had such issues but the guest crashing, but there is nothing left on my map of them. That seems to have stopped happening so much with the first hotfix and me as the host crashing seems to be fitted with the latest hotfix. It seems the Dev team always fixes my issues :wink: joking.
But other than the fixed crashes…No Zombies

An older one my friend and i ran into again that we thought wasn’t a problem anymore.
While playing multiplayer, I as the host can see and pick up wood (see the small trees you can interact with and collect wood from) but my friend can never see the trees or pick them up.

The last time we had that issue my friend had Gen zero installed on his external hard drive for their xbox and reinstalled the game to his internal storage, after so he didn’t run into the problem again in multiplayer until we started playing again yesterday.

If two people interact with the new companion station at the same time it seems to throw the other person in a direction through walls for about 50-100 meters.
I tried to repeat the process twice and we couldn’t seem to get it to trigger again so possibly just something goofed.

Another is the game suddenly crashing to menu (On host side) and saying “The multiplayer session you are trying to join is running a different version”
The times this happened yesterday was caused by No understanding how or why I was shooting a Hunter with the experimental smg that has overdrive and as it died the crash happened, Happened another time when i was using a rocket launcher and another time was when my companion wasn’t having another runner try to attack me and blew them up out of existence so hard i crashed to menu.

My friend wasn’t booted they were able to still stay in game but some enemies would be running on the spot.

I fixed the issue after i completely quit the game and started it back up again.

I’ll more then likely post new issues here if i find them aswell.