Multiplayer issues

These guys obviously had not been on the forum and read that as they decided to take advantage :cry:

Sadly, there is always someone who is willing to take advantage of other people for their own personal gain.

In GZ, that translates in one of the two or both:

1. Completing missions for the host to gain easy and fast XP, thus robbing host for his/hers gameplay experience.
  2. Killing rivals without hostā€™s approval to get the experimental weapons, thus voiding the time and effort host put in to spawn and level up rivals.

Also, iā€™ve seen quite a few people whom iā€™ve dubbed ā€œvulturesā€. These players are the ones who immediately run up to you to check what you dropped to the ground and if there is anything value there, they will take it.

In GZ, itā€™s common to drop something on the ground when re-arranging your inventory. But for other people to grab it as soon as you dropped it is in my opinion very rude and equals with stealing.

Luckily, new list based inventory helps to remedy that issue since you can go over of your max carry capacity. But with old grid based inventory, where you had define amount of slots, dropping items temporarily to the ground were much more common during inventory sorting.

Of course, cheaters are completely in another ballpark and thereā€™s not much to talk about those. Everything that is talked about cheaters is written in here: Cheaters, when will you prevent this?

To find good people to play with, you can look and/or ask around the forums since most people here do know what they are doing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve a video done explaining this should anyone ever need it.

Well, you could make a topic in Community Content subforum and put your video in there. This way, anyone who are interested in it, can view it, rather than sending you requests to view it.

1 Like

Aaand the frustration continues!
Random guy joins my game, and types:

helo
we hunt 6 star weapon
?

Before Iā€™m even done typing my answer, heā€™s already off, charging toward a lvl. 1 rival closest to him! I just terminate the whole game to shake him offā€¦ And this happens often! :confounded:

But what the actual heck? Where do these attitudes come from? Why is it not a natural instinct to respect the hostā€™s boundaries? :thinking:

What do you do when raiders storm your game like this? :anguished:

And sorry, I just had to ventā€¦ :sweat:

3 Likes

This, along with no scaling a while back, made me play solo.
I also had my share ofā€¦ wellā€¦ not-so-fun-to-be-around folks.
Which further pushed me to keep my game closed off to others, and not join others.

I play to stay alive at all cost, since, that it what one would do in reality.
I went to help people out, who figured to engage machines guns blazing, forcing me to act, and thus kill me.
ā€œBut death is meaningless!ā€ they sayā€¦
Sadly, it is.
There should be darn heavy penalties for death, dangit, so folks would take a more realistic stance on thingsā€¦

Butā€¦
Thatā€™s me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, you can kick them from Multiplayer menu but thatā€™s pretty much all you can do to keep them away. Eventually, even kicking players gets tiresome and all of that results in either of the two:

• they get better of you and you let them do what they want
  • you close your game (Invite Only)

Iā€™ve opted for the latter one.

Another thing, that can work but which i havenā€™t tried it yet, is to set your in-game difficulty to Guerilla with enabled Auto-Scaling.

While this doesnā€™t stop anybody killing your Rivals; it sure will make their life as hard as possible since machines hit hard on Guerilla and eat up ammo as well. And with enabled Auto-Scaling, game also spawns in more random roam machines, to scale better with more people in the game.

2 Likes

@Aesyle Yep, I think kicking a player should block him from re-joining you as well. I had to kick out a guy some days ago, but he just kept on jumping back in, so I had to set to invite only to stop him.

But I have also had some very fun sessions with completely random people, so itā€™s tempting to set it to ā€œanyoneā€ and see what happens.

Iā€™m also under the impression that the majority of random players, play on Adventure difficulty. Whenever I join a random game myself, I always end up in a game on Adventure, even though I set my preference to Skirmish or Guerilla. By that I assume that most of the experienced GZ players stick to their own friends.

So yeah, finding a good game while meddling with random players is like rolling a dice. Or more like rolling 3 dices and hitting 18! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now, before anything, I am NOT familiar with Steam, so hence this question:
Canā€™t you blacklist someone on Steam, thus preventing him to join your game?

If not, that should be a feat, really.

@NJR87
Question, what is your time zone, and what is the time you play, sir?
Providing it is compatible, I would not mind to join you, youā€™re a decent personā€¦ :slight_smile:
That is, if you do not mind an oddball in your game.

@Xogroroth
I donā€™t know. Could be possible? :slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome to add me on Steam, I have the same username in there.
And Iā€™m in Norway, so the time zone is CEST right now, and CET in about a month. :wink:
That being said, I have complained here on the forum before (for which Iā€™m sorry), that I donā€™t really have much time for playing. Iā€™m usually playing 2 or 3 evenings pr. week, most often on tuesdays, wednesdays, thursdays and sundays. And usually between 20:00 and 23:00.
Sad thing is, I spend much more time on the forum than in the game. :woozy_face:

And no, I donā€™t mind an oddball! :smile:

Itā€™s rule-breakers I donā€™t want in my game.

And people who donā€™t play, but just hang around their Plundra and refuse to talk.

1 Like

Understood, sir.
Iā€™ll add you to Steam, throw me a note, please, sir, when you would like to go in game. :slight_smile: