Mysterious Binary Transmissions - Discussion Thread

And Harold, to get the enlarged picture, you click on it.

1 Like

Too hard for me, apparantly. I don’t understand these things :smirk:

1 Like

This is pinned in #general-discussion. Please don’t create a new thread about it.

//Mod

1 Like

Maybe FNIX is going to be our friend?

Can you tell us, why you think that?

Mission “Behind the Curtain” you mean?
There were a few dialogues from FNIX.
Same question here: Please explain how you see the link to the latest transmissions.

Ah, I just thought that there was a dialogue where fnix said "are you there? " or “there you are” or something similar to welcome us. Can’t remember the dialogues. If it’s a transmission from or to fnix there could be the reference in GZ.

Edit: just accidently found a topic with what I meant:

In “calling for help” we cleared the saltholmen naval base and removed a tick that was blocking the communication. After that, we tried to communicate with someone outside of Östertörn to get help.
I can’t remember the whole mission and the dialogues.

What if we finally get an answer (these new transmissions)? Friendly forces that are willing to help.

But there are still some questions:

• are these live transmissions or just excerpts from a log of transmissions from the past… From the beginning of FNIXs invasion? (like we now find out that someone else already had success in calling for help…)
  • who is the origin and to who are them adressed?
  • why binary code? Is there a real reason or is it just to entertain us?
1 Like

I am not sure if we should take to much from a tease for a new DLC. Even the naval Base location that is shown on the pictures, could only be used because of the radio there, and probably doesn’t mean anything.

It’s addressed to us players. Origine teaser-dev. :man_shrugging:

To hint towards a machine. Maybe the resistance has captured Runner and altered its attack- and behavior protocols. If it is machine companion, it’s likely that we can repair it when broken. So there might be a new schematic as well.

2 Likes

Maybe.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

For just another repair kit??

Don’t know how the devs approach this. It could be that when the companion gets destroyed, we need to craft a total new one. Or they approach it like the motorbikes

But if we need to craft a new one, it doesn’t feel like a real companion, does it? So to me repair / heal seems the more preferable pet-like option. :coffee:

I’m still not sure if that’s the direction it should go. Maybe it’s fun… Maybe not.

What if a companion always attracts (accidently of course…) other machines?
How strong/valuable are they in battles?

What about multiplayer? 4 players = 4 companions?!

:man_shrugging:

Maybe we’re talking about a feature that will never come.

I’m still excited.

It is of course possible that FNIX has learned that humans are never going to stop fighting for their existence and their land. And only a solution where both parties peaceful can exist will make an end to this conflict. This peaceful co-existence or the defeat of FNIX is probably where the story intended to end.

However I don’t believe that we are there yet. FNIX has already befriended Tatiana, but FNIX could just as well been using her to get rid of the threat Bolchakov. FNIX also rescued the player from getting killed in behind the curtain.

1 Like

Maybe it is Soviets and Fnix getting buddy buddy and they become one big enemy to players.

That would be a solution for many things.

• the unbalanced region score and rival/reaper system
  • performance issues due to fights between soviets and fnix
  • issues with getting thrown into combat because a combat between soviets and fnix started.
  • missing soviet bases and forces at base assaults.
  • and more.

But I don’t think that will come.

You know, anything is possible, and if the story hasn’t have a fixed end which they stick to, they (the writers) can twist it in all kind of directions. It has certainly to do with if the studio wants the game to proceed or if they seaking a quick end of the story and game. We don’t know until the fact is there.

Example: We all seen it happen with the three episodic Half Life 2 game, where the studio said they were spreading the part 2 story into three shorter pieces, so that we the players can get to playing sooner instead of waiting for the complete Half-Life 2 game. Then they just quit after two episodes, and left part 2 unfinished.

No, that’s just because valve has an issue with the number 3 :rofl:

:+1:

I just hope that there won’t be a closed end ever, because that may open up possibilities for some kind of sequel… But finally nothing is guaranteed.

1 Like

Désoler mais moi je suis Canadien français et ma langue n’est pas l’anglais désolé en passant sa fait depuis la sorti du jeux que je joue a GZ

That’s nothing you have to excuse for.
Many of us aren’t from english speaking countries, but there are translators in the web, like google-translator, everyone can use.

Please take the time, next time.
(btw. I’m from germany and english isn’t my first language, too. I just give my very best, or use a translator.)

2 Likes

What I’m curious about is whether this transmission is a teaser or an ARG. If its an ARG, then we should probably go the the location in the picture. (I don’t know where that is) If its a teaser, then we should get ready for something cool.

1 Like

Location of the picture is in a green office near the radio tower at Saltholmen Naval Base.

What about some remote controlled swedish army vehicles (remote controlled, because bad experiences with AI and it’s too hard for the engine to animate soldiers)?

The swedish army strikes back and sends help from the main land. There are random groups of them fighting the invaders everywhere on the map.

Additionally we become able to call them in to support us (with a cooldown).

What we get now is a fight about every single meter of each region, with moving frontlines (like once asked for in a survey) to take back control about Östertörn.

1 Like