New added locations

I agree that it is most likely a grading for the wood quality or hardness. Swe111 mentions Ekonomi- och Finansnyheterna which google translates to “Economic and Financial News”. But if this has any connection to wood, I don’t know.

I don’t think it has anything to ekonomi- och finansnyheterna has anything to do with wood grading. I have some friends that has land owners here in Sweden, I’ll ask them and see if they can give some clarity in this.

1 Like

Those stapled small labels served as a trademark for the wood owners and told the sawmill who would get paid and what the logs would be sawn up to. Though I have never heard or remembered what the abbreviations meant or if it was part of the trademark?

1 Like

European Forest Network? A quick Google suggests it replaced the Nordic Forestry Union in 1990 so it may be a bit ‘out of time’ for that.

1 Like

I was ambling about today and at 307/-4467 on the northern tip of the map and found a huge square hole in the ground, very deep, with water at bottom. It’s on a flat piece of ground surrounded by trees and is a definite feature (not accidental). I’ve not seen it before. Is it new? What is it for?

Nobody knows. It not new, saw it long ago. And I posted it in my 2nd Route

Thanks. Bit bizarre really, perhaps it will find a use in future updates.

That’s Apex Engine for you. When devs remove/add something in the world, another part of the world either terraforms or POIs go outright missing.

So far, unintended anomalies (without any particular order) are:

1. Disappearance of all POIs in Himfjäll (only for PS4). [fixed]
  2. Disappearance of big doors in FOA2. [fixed]
  3. Disappearance of many sections of walls in FOA2. [fixed]
  4. Several sinkholes in FOA2. [fixed]
  5. Disappearance of Boo bridge. [fixed]
  6. Sinkhole near Hagaboda.
  7. Disappearance of barn, NE from Östra Mark.

There could be more but those i can recall at the moment.

2 Likes

add: Strange fences around or through buildings.

If you end up in an area you’re not supposed to be in, it’s likely not an intended feature of the game. Communcating that violates the forum rules as it falls within exploit territory. It also spoils future content. Therefor, I’ve removed the post.

//Mod

@Gysbert Hey, I just saw what you posted back in march about the lumber tags.
The tags are there to mark which owner the lumber came from. When the logs arrive at the sawmill, they can see who the forest owner was and where to send the payment.
The number is probably a customer number at the sawmill, or some kind of registry number on a local farm. The letters could simply be the initials of the owner. :blush:

3 Likes

That could be I suppose. I guess we will have to live with it not knowing the tags meaning for sure. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sorry for double-posting…

I have just seen the new pics from the revamp on twitter (by google). As I don’t use twitter, I like to say something to this pics here.

Wondering where they are made?
If you know the game it should be easy to find.

Spoiler (here is the answer)

Östervik

The circles may not be completly correct, but I’m too lazy to change it to 100% conformity :wink:

I hope there will be more changes than just a few sandbags and barricades. We’ll see soon :hugs:

1 Like

Moved to the New Added Locations thread.

//Mod

Norrmyra Military Obstacle Course
Located in Marshlands Region, north-east of FOA 2

Norrmyra Military Shelter

More pics.

2 Likes

Found a Soviet Recon Camp south-east of Skvadern Command Bunker

Did you also found all three weapons?

Haven’t really looked yet

I asked because the third one I could not find. Will try later again with fresh eyes.

I just checked can’t really find the third one either

or I might have found this
It might be stuck underground