New enemy types - Remade

Sorry Xogoroth, I wrote my own suggestion and then spotted yours… I like your take on it alot.

1 Like

Wasn’t that line crossed when Hunters started falling out of the sky?

2 Likes

@Max_Powerz
The Titan class robot sounds like a nightmare. Would it be something you need to just run from or would you need a WoW raid party size group to take it out. Cool idea but would probably be terrifying to encounter.

2 Likes

I have a suggestion for some machines, but instead of completely new ones, I’m going to give suggestions over what the harvester class apoc or seeker class apoc could be like.

For the Harvester, I thank it could its weaponry be extremely similar to the tank class apoc, with the wall of flame instead of gas and the sticky bombs instead of the missiles. It will, of course, call in hunters if it needs to, but only 2, as 3 is a little much. Maybe harvester’s weaponry and generally the back of the machine could have more armor, as it is very vulnerable to attacks.

For the Seeker, I think it would be like any other seeker, except the apoc seeker will have one main difference, weaponry. this new seeker could have say, a SMG, or a shotgun, it won’t have poison tipped bullets, because the poison generator is too large for the Seeker, however, this new Seeker could be faster than its counterparts, with this new Seeker being slightly slower than a runner. Basically this new seeker will still be the fragile like its predecessors, but it can defend itself and can be seen as a flying runner. This new seeker might be bigger due to its weaponry and have more blades (the things that make it fly) to support itself. It’s siren might be louder, so much louder that you’ll have half of Himjiffal on you if you don’t quickly kill the seeker or run like hell away from it.

2 Likes

Armed seekers are always an interesting idea :wink: .

2 Likes

To echo some suggestions and to integrate the ‘rivals’’ discussion into this one - how about a Rival ‘assassin’ bot that gets spawned very rarely. Imagine a very fast, quiet and very difficult version of a Hunter, armed just with blades, that, instead of sticking to its region and patrol path, can actively seek out the player. It only gets sent out after killing a certain amount of regular rivals (and maybe only once the player has reached Lv 30), can only be traced via blips on the map, not like the regular rivals, and is hard to see with thermal imaging, maybe even camouflaged. It will react to sounds, visuals and skirmishes you start and trace your path that way. Just to add a challenge…
A mix of Terminator, Predator, Nemesis, Alien etc. - something to really dread once the notification pops :cold_face:

3 Likes

I was talking with a friend about a concept very similar to this one the other day.
It boiled down to one single massive machine similar to a Schwerer Gustav or the more tankish-looking enemies in Metal Slug that would move all around the map following a predetermined route (I’d say it’s limited to a railroad, but adding that might be asking too much). Because it has such a ridiculous range and it can pretty much one-shot you, you’d have to avoid the area it is patrolling at the time or try to take it down; I’d imagine the same strategy that works against tanks and harvesters applies to this one as well: fill it with lead at point blank distance.

1 Like

One huge colossal enemy is just what the robots need to top it all off. And I’m a huge fan of The War of the Worlds also and I really think this game gives off that vibe. Please make my video game dream come true and add Monstrous Tripods to the game. Pleaaseeee!

1 Like

“We’ll build our own tripods. Ours will have four legs.” :grin:

As far as the general idea I think that this is better left for some alien creation rather then late 80s Swedish military machine :wink:

2 Likes

I know haha, its just I’ve wanted a WotW game for literally all my life, and I hadn’t heard about this game until today, now after a couple hours playing I want Tripods more than ever, its just like the Fox version of WotW that came out recently.

2 Likes

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

1 Like

I know we just got the apocalyptic harvester but I believe that a whole reaper class with a new robot called “The Reaper” would be awesome! My idea is that has a huge sword and has
a muffled radio static noise, it has a charge attack, a little taller than a hunter and it has a close melee attack where it splits its sword and slams it on you and it has radioactive rocket that spews gas and it can fire two at a time.

Devs, Community what do you think???

1 Like

You know The Reaper is already in the game right?

Himfall island FOA 4 I think

3 Likes

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

1 Like

One thing I would like to see is robots similar to the movie Virus in 1999. We know the population is missing maybe they could be used to make robots like this. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monster/images/0/06/66A34665-5D74-4C6D-A9EB-CBB5FC1383DE.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20180227212524

Or at least a human sized biped robot. something that could follow you inside buildings. Something like this.

3 Likes

So we have Apoco Class everything now except seekers I would love to see a seeker with a defensive weapon of some sort like a tiny pistol or gas attack or just an escape method by turning its thrusters to escape and warn other machines.image
Also could we see different types of rivals some like now but others that are yellow or something on the map called a chasing rival which will follow your character and if it’s too close you can’t fast travel and you need to fight it. The region would need to be high level and you would need already a rival at lv 4 but after that it doesn’t count as being part of that region it will follow you around the map no matter what region.

3 Likes

I think that larger stronger versions of pre-existing machines could be really really cool. These could be something different to the boring rivals we have or completely get rid of them.

1 Like

Yes, and how realistic it is: 4 legged battle bots, bipod battle bots, my goodness.

Of course, you were obviously sarcastic there.
Sorry, that I missed that part.

2 Likes

I mentioned this in some other thread as well, (or maybe this one?) but I would like huge autonomous supply vehicles. They would of course be heavily guarded, but once on their own you could disable and loot them, maybe using some technical skill. They should also be quite rare, maybe just one or two per region.
This would also mean that machines actually may run out of ammo and need to resupply.

2 Likes

I want to apologize to just have this line out of the whole, but I hope you’ll see why, in a bit.

Already there’s a lot of issues with machine AI.
Machines not reacting immediately to human threat, machines just freezing, failing to engage due to out of aggression range, …
This leads to machines being severely underwhelming.
If they could run out of ammo… that would be simply horrific for the game, story and fun.
Unless you like to basically butcher defenceless machines.

Now, the suply vehicles themselves: YES!!!
I would so love to see these, even if these are not actual in use.
It would add to immersion, and it can be done that machines go resupply, even if just fake.
Add a repair unit to this, so damaged machines can be repaired, effectively, not fake.

I VERY much love this idea, good sir, except the running out of ammo part, it’s brilliant!!!

Thumbs up!

Thoughts, sir?

2 Likes