New Features (Weapons, vehicles, machines & mores)

What i read here is a plethora of suggestions with no consideration to the location (Sweden), time (1989) and setting.

I’d rather see ideas that fit well into current game world and it’s setting, rather than random ideas thrown all over the place.

Few examples:

No, just No. GZ isn’t Fortnite.

Already in the game. Screenshot of it here: What is your skill build?

Again, already in the game.

Screenshot

4 Likes

Sorry forgot but i was thinking about something hand held. because if mini guns were in the game they would be in base building.

1 Like

Managed to get the Experimental M/49

Swap the double shot for target lock

Thanks for the comment !

Don’t worry there is no problem about some good criticism ! :slight_smile:
I didn’t know about the Minigun !
For all other ideas that are inadapted with the time-period, I thought it was still useful to suggest because of the Scifi-style of the game. With robots and the AI-turned guy, more scifi, if implemented with a good storyline, could be fun even if innacurate to the original context. Scifi offers some freedom!
But I’m also okey with a more accurate game that will feel more “real”! The two different options seems nice to me, I just suggested more scifi “just in case”.

For the emettor to spawn hunters: Actually it’s truly difficult to fight them but I was suggesting this by anticipation some fixes that would make hunters fighting more enjoyable (but I agree, Actually they are so OP nobody would like to spawn them). I like the Himjfall mission to the hotel with waves of enemies so I tried to find a way to implement this kind of fight in the main game.

Truly thanks for your comment ! It will help me developping more ideas and, maybe I’ll add more scifi ideas, but I’ll still try to focus more on more adapted ideas now ! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t know about the clothes ! But is there clothes for a male police officers too ?

I know that many of my suggestions are scifi-oriented so more or less inadapted to the time period and locations. I just wanted to add more diversity thanks to the scifi theme. After machines, experimentals and the big AI, I think that more scifi isn’t that bad. I tried to keep the spirit of the game through my suggestions like with experimentals Weapons, New machines and perks. Even if other ideas (like maps or time travel) are more about adding “diversity”, New context, I thought it could fit into the GZ World. You just have to look to series and movies like “Dark” “Stranger Things” or a bit of “StarGate” to get portals and other technology well implemented in a “retro” world ! I just suggested some scifi ideas but I’m also OK with a more accurate game ! :slight_smile:

For the weapons skins, I would hate it if it starts looking like Fortnite with pink rifles and other over-crazy things. I just suggest to get colors pattern already in game: Like the machines (proto, army, phenix) or clothes (blue camo, desert camo, forest camo, Green…). It would be a nice addition to see. I thought of it because I kind of think some purple weapons looks better than gold ones that are too “shiny” to me.

1 Like

Police outfit is so rare to be found in the game that i have ever found only female police hat. But chances are that the male set could also be in the game.

I, in the other hand, like the new/shiny finish of 5* weapons more than matte finish of 4* weapons. Though, do your preferences outweigh mine and devs as well, where game is changed to your likening? :eyes:

For weapon skins, we have dedicated topic in the forums where this got discussed in-depth,
link: Weapon reskins customization

I am GZ loyalist and i’m all about keeping the essence of GZ.

While most of your ideas would make interesting gameplay to your likening, it would also destroy GZ’s essence, where what would be left wouldn’t even be the shadow of former GZ.

For example: vehicles.
Vehicles is popular demand by many since quite a lot of players don’t want to walk/run the entire map, instead they want to travel between places fast (like Fast Travel isn’t enough already?). However, many also forgot that GZ map was designed for you to walk it, not drive it or fly it.

Devs have had hard time making the beautiful scenery and also including small POIs along the way, which will be completely missed while driving/flying. Even when walking/running, it’s possible to miss smaller POIs. I have, and while returning to same area, i’ve discovered new, small and interesting POIs that i missed previously.

Here's one example of such small POI

This small POI is in the middle of nowhere, next to nothing and easily missable. While the story it tells is quite heartbreaking.

In games, where there is nothing of interest between bigger POIs and where there is no Fast Travel feature in the game (like DayZ or 7 Days to Die), vehicles do make sense since they give you faster method of travel across the empty and boring map.

And i’m not even going to talk about time travel, stargates and storm troopers since those are way out of the GZ’s setting.

Can we get a ship or shipwreck of the HMS Visborg in the game or something NATO like a killed squad or crashed jet.(just thinking)

1 Like

From your reply in here: New Features (Weapons, vehicles, machines & mores) and rather than posting offtopic reply in there;

New Features (Weapons, vehicles, machines & mores)

that is no tom baker good sir…

Since i don’t watch Doctor Who myself, i used Google findings about his outfit. Specifically, i took the 11th one as a guideline, visible from this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=doctor+who+clothes&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjhp7i7nZ3pAhVDa5oKHSVmCNAQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=doctor+who+cl&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQARgAMgQIIxAnMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgQIABBDUMYoWPUrYJQyaABwAHgAgAGyAYgB2AKSAQMyLjGYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZw&sclient=img&ei=_J-xXuG5DMPW6QSlzKGADQ&bih=917&biw=1920&client=firefox-b-d#imgrc=rNMcVOKOoiHxKM

(Don’t mind the long link, that’s how Google works.)

Btw, i’m female and “sir” isn’t correct term.

Quoted from the Code of Conduct;

Let the conversation flow
Do not hijack topics. Posting comments which severely disrupts the original conversation within a thread is prohibited.

Bans & Moderator actions
Please do not discuss forum bans, game bans, social media bans, or moderator actions on the open forum. If you feel you have been banned unjustly, contact support.

Disruptive posts edited & removed. Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

The funny part is that many of my suggestions won’t destroy the essence of the game:

-Weapons skins are not about my likening it’s about the likening of ALL players that could choose the way their weapons look. Instead of forcing people to have only one available skins, wich would mean that YOUR preferences should outweight all others… I’m not asking for the actual skin to disappear, I’m asking for additionnals skins. You would be able to keep your favorite skin. And other players could choose the skins they prefer. Everybody would be happy with it, unless some people’s happiness depend on the fact that they have what they want while others shouldn’t get what they want, wich would be a very selfish way to think.

-In terms of gameplay, the essence of the game won’t be that destroyed: The gameplay of the game is already evolving: we got the bikes, the experimentals, rivals, crafting… Did it destroyed the essence of the game ? No, it makes it better! Same way with my suggestions, if devs tried to implement some of them in the game, I’m confident that they’ll do it the right way, as balanced as possible. That’s my loyalty, supporting the game evolution! Other way we all should just keep the game at V 1.0.0, to keep the purest essence of GZ wich wouldn’t be loyalty but nostalgia.

I don’t get the vehicle argument: We have bikes, other vehicles could be implemented in the same way. The map isn’t made for cars ? It’s okey it’s a survival game not a driving simulator, no need to build highways, players will adapt to the map, not the other way.
And the whole POI argument… You already miss as much POI as possible with the Fast Travelling. Vehicles wouldn’t be implemented as a substitute to walking, it would be implemented as a substitute to Fast traveling: a way to travel Fast between points A and B. And vehicles allow you to better enjoy the map than fast travelling. And, of course, cars won’t be available since mission 1 if it’s what scares you. It would be a great way to discover the map again. And of course, nobody is going to force you to use them. You want to walk, walk ! Again, those additions won’t stop you from playing the way you play, it will only offer alternatives to you and other players that maybe would like those alternatives.

It’s nothing personnal, I just don’t understand why the game shouldn’t evolve. If some of those suggestions make their way to the game, I think the devs will balance them enough to be enjoyable for everybody. And again, if you want to walk through the entire map with only a Meusser and a Moller, no fast travelling or bikes, looking for every POI, you’ll can. If you want to use a double rocket Launcher against machines after fast travelling to any safehouse, you can.

Not everybody play the same way but at least we enjoy the way we play. Having new ways to play would make more people happy, even bringing more new players too.

Oh, I had no problem with the doctor who reference, I thought it was appropriate to the thread as an answer to the other comment :o What happened ?

I don’t get the vehicle argument: We have bikes, other vehicles could be implemented in the same way. The map isn’t made for cars ? It’s okey it’s a survival game not a driving simulator, no need to build highways, players will adapt to the map, not the other way.

So you drive the car, see a tank, decide to stop and fight the tank, so you stop the car and booom, here goes the car and you are downed. Plus cars are loud, I don’t want to alert half of the map by riding the car.

Weapons skins are not about my likening it’s about the likening of ALL players that could choose the way their weapons look. Instead of forcing people to have only one available skins, wich would mean that YOUR preferences should outweight all others

I would say OK in case the diverse weapon skins would be limited and based on EXISTING weapon skins back in '89 - which makes green skin, black skin, sliver skin, cammo and that’s it… But not any farcry-style nonsens.
On the other side there is already a weapon skin based on quality, how would you adapt you idea to that? Fancy shiny level 1 shotgun?

Re portals and similar sci-fi stuff - no thanks. While machine AI (it’s not AI actually) is something which was more or less realistic in eighties, stargate-style does not belong here.

I found some of His/Her ideas good and i think if DarkAngelLord95 had His/Her own game i would think that it would be a hardcore 1980s sci-fi game, good ideas but not here if you make a new game, go head.

1 Like

That’s the idea with the car: faster than bikes but with some down. This way you have to learn when to use it/or not !

For the weapons skins I totally agree ! Just classic weapon skins would be great !
One idea could be to equip the skin on the weapons but the painted pattern would be more or less well-painted/degraded depending on the weapon quality.

Thanks ! I like scifis and I have many ideas about it, so I suggest them !

But I would also love more “normal” content too ! I just have a lot less ideas of content to add based on the réal Sweden in 80’ ^^’

Reason why bikes are in the game is because there are bike props in the game and many players wanted to ride with it.

So, devs added them into the game as rideable vehicles. But they didn’t make bikes OP. Only place where the bike is semi-good is on the paved roads. Take it off-road and you’ll see how cumbersome it is. It also can’t travel uphill without great difficulty.

There is quite a bit of outcry how bad the bike is off-road but then again, idea is that you walk the map, not ride it.

What the additional weapon skins give to you? Do they increase weapon damage? Firerate? Something else beneficial?

I just don’t get why there is need to pain/skin everything. Why not just accept it as it is? Speaking of that, what’s next? Skins for grenades and weapon attachments (scopes)?

Some of the new features did destroy the essence of the game. Most notably the popular demand for Machine Loot, introduced in June '19 update (notes).

Before that, each machine you destroyed gave you ammo based on the weapon machine had. E.g FNIX tank - .50 cal and rockets; FNIX hunter - .50 cal; harvester - rockets etc.

Also, each machine gave you machine components based on their size. E.g small fuel cell and small EMP was obtainable only from seekers and runners; medium fuel cell and medium EMP dropped only from hunters and large fuel cell with large EMP dropped only from harvs/tanks.

Makes sense, right?

But with that nice system, there was problem. Some players didn’t want to play the game as it was intended - by looting for ammo from loot boxes. Instead, they instantly wanted to get their ammo back from the machine they just killed.

And so the devs implemented the Machine Loot, where now, you’ll get about 80% of ammo YOU used against the machine, from the machine, not the ammo machines used against you.
With it, you can now easily get 500+ 9mm Glock ammo from proto tank or no rockets when taking down harv.

Same goes with machine components. Back in the day, there was more value to take down bigger machines to get bigger/better components from them but now, you can get large fuel cells and large EMPs from runners as well.

Of course, this isn’t all. You can also get first aid kits from machines (simple from runner, standard from hunter and advanced from harv/tank). Before the update, only harvs/tanks had advanced first aid kit on them and that too rarely.

And now we have it. Machines are walking loot chests, giving back first aid kits and most of the ammo you used against them. And all that just because some lazy players who didn’t want to play the game as it was intended.

Am i happy about it? No, not at all.
Not every new update/feature is beneficial for the game, despite being popular demand by players.

Another, more recent new feature, is list based inventory system. Many players asked for the rework of the old grid based inventory system (mainly to better sort it) and once players got what they asked, a lot were (and still are) against the new inventory system. There is even a big dedicated topic about it: New Inventory system complications
I’m indifferent about it. Took me some time to learn it but it is what it is.

Before you can Fast Travel, you 1st need to hike to each and every safehouse to unlock it. It at that point where using vehicle misses the POIs. Since once you have safehouses unlocked, the fastest way to travel is Fast Travel.

Speaking of vehicles and as mentioned above of them being one-shot instant kills for you, if machine happens to fire at it, there is another thing that doesn’t make machines operable.

All cars and trucks in game are looking seemingly fine but somehow, they are inoperable. Only one thing can do that and it’s powerful enough EMP. Latter fries any electronics, making vehicles inoperable.

Also, your player char is supposed to be a teen, without any special knowledge how to repair complex electrical systems. Unless tying the ability to repair vehicles into Engineer specialization.

1 Like

Weapons skins is like character clothes: just a way to make your character look like you want. I don’t think it should add bonus, except maybe a very low stealth bonus with camo skins. I think it would be a nice addition to the character customization like the events clothes for example.

-bikes are well-balanced ! But it was introduced when I already explored the wall map on my feet so it wasn’t a problem to me. Cars should be an “end game” unlock I think, hard to get. Maybe it could carry a whole squad (4) of players and, as the bike, would be better on road. Maybe it just shouldn’t explode that easily? Do real cars REALLY explode that much…? I don’t think so, unless it’s a Michael Bay movie! Cars could carry many people, maybe being a moveable storage box too and of course faster than bikes. But it would attract machines and be slower offroad. And hard to get/build/repair. So it could be a Nice balance and great for the endgame. It’s a good idea to connect it with the engineers perks !

It’s crazy all this things with the loot ! On wich platform do you play ?
On PS4 (with the ammo and components perks) I mostly get ammo used by the machines against me (especially with runners and Hunters). With tanks and harvester I get a mix of both the ammo I used and the ammo it uses against me.

They do. Put few rounds into it’s engine and look how it blows up. In the other hand, trucks are completely immune to any damage. Go figure.

Cars in the game are currently part of the environment as hiding in plain sight traps. I, personally, don’t like blowing them up (enough devastation in the game already) but it’s solid tactic to fire at and blow up the car when machines are near it.

Example: i unlock the car (since my 4th char is lvl31 with Engineer specialization). I’ll join random MP game (new and/or low lvl players) and spawn my car in there. Other, low lvl folks, jump in my car to drive/ride along. <- how is that end-game thing?

That is way too OP. Unless you remove every other Plundra from all the safehouses.

PC (Steam).

To showcase the Machine Loot best, here are few screenshots (click on them to expand):
Note: i have Salvage lvl2.

Proto tank loot table before Machine Loot came

Proto tank loot table after Machine Loot came

See the difference?

Following is more interesting:

FNIX tank loot table before Machine Loot came

Back then, it was 100% guaranteed that you got random 5* weapon from each FNIX tank and 50% chance of getting random 5* weapon mod as well.

FNIX tank loot table after Machine Loot came

Now, you get your “precious” ammo and have to grind/farm if you want a weapon from it.

I second that and I believe one the the recent patches messed it up even more.
We are getting worse loot when looting FNIX compared to Proto.

An example - when we need to “resupply”, we go to Broskulla to kill some Proto tanks and harvs to get: rockets, 50cal, 5.56mm, 7.62mm and plenty of each.

Fighting FNIX or Apo gives us like 9mm ammo and bicycles :frowning:

They only thing which is correct is weapon quality drop, but the drop rate is meh.

@DarkAngelLord95 I think that having vehicles is a great idea, although the fast travel works great it makes it so you skip going back through already looted areas but I have noticed sometimes loot responds in areas if you haven’t been there in a while. I agree with boats, cars, motorbikes, and armored vehicles but it could make certain actions a little redundant, like if you have your own tank it could make you too over powered and missions like killing robots for barcodes useless because with a tank you could just blow doors up. Destructible environment is pretty fun to do but depends on how they do it. And all the weapons and armor you suggested as well as attachments seem most useful. Love the ideas and hope they get added in future updates. :grin:

1 Like