New update a bit OP

Threads merged.

//Mod

Not dumb them down, just decrease their weapons range and speed, i think that might fix this whole mess.:thinking:

2 Likes

Just a casual gamer who plays when I can in single player mode on Adventure difficulty.
The March update was great, I actually stand a chance in a battle and have a great inventory of ammo, etc., getting further in the story and exploring. Before March, I was barely making a dent and getting frustrated as the game was not fun to play. Now with the April update, I am getting wiped out, the difficulty of the robot AI is definitely improved, their response time and attack damage are higher, and are more aggressive. Now it’s less fun to play - please keep Adventure difficulty as is where the March update brought it to = and when I get better I can play again on Skirmish. Games that have difficulty options that let us enjoy the experience on our level make it fun for everyone. (I did respond to the recent survey and thanked the team on the difficulty level choices)

2 Likes

The game’s getting review-bombed on steam as well… This is a disaster. i REALLY hope the devs are paying attention.

As to stealth, i don’t have a stealth build… i’m a friggin level 9. For me, stealth was all about staying out of sight. I used to stay low, avoid open fields, and i’d stick to the coastline, if i was checking out coastal points of interest. None of that works now. I get spotted through trees, through rocks, through buildings… Stealth, and sneaking are no longer options…

3 Likes

I have to say that this response basically just sounds like hey everything in adventure is just fine just run away all the time instead of fighting and never get any experience or level up. For something the developers said we wouldn’t really notice at first I just have to say that misses the mark this is humongously different gameplay

6 Likes

Level 30 Character

Full skill tree in Survival
Full ( minus 1 ) in Tech
Sight Speed increase.

3052 XP

16 Apacolypse, over 1000 rounds of 7.62, 15 flares, and about 20 standard packs.

By far, the most aggrivating, annoying, OP battle I have ever done.

1 Like

Yup. It’s ducking awful. They know where you are constantly. I matter what. Three building away and inside, yup, they see you.

How is this suppose me to be fun?

And if harvesters are supposed to be for resources lore-wise, why do they actively seek out combat?

Then they spam the hunters over and over. Next thing you have four harvesters a tank and 10 hunters shooting you constantly because they can see through walls. Absolutely awful.

2 Likes

You can play skirmish since the beginning of the game in solo player (i did that), BUT if the current machines weapon and speed range don’t revert back to April settings or at least are readjusted , i´m afraid skirmish is only for GZ veterans like myself or for the bold, and adventure for any newcomer, and even so it might be frustrating for some.
As of now (30/4/20) with the current enemy “abilities” Skirmish is for Veteran players, or for a squad of 3/4 newcomers with NO scaling difficulty setting active or else the number of enemies will be higher.
About Guerrilla mode as of now…i would say only for masochists or for the Ultimate Survival True Guerrilla real life experience.

1 Like

I have to agree with @TacShot , i´m not trying to antagonize anyone, i really like the game, but newcomers can´t just stay holed up in the Archipelago region , or avoiding Tanks and Harvesters all around the map, the player sure walks a lot in the game, but it´s not a walking simulator, you explore, you fight, you retreat(sometimes) and you loot.
New players and old players are not happy with the new update, but for the very first time 95% of the players on all platforms agree that they dislike the way the machines “cheat” to kill the player.
i Still have hope it´s a mistake by the developers, i do not know if the speed and range of the machines we are experiencing is intended or part of a bug, if it is intended i can only hope the developers will readjust and bring combat balance or else this amazing game might soon be abandoned by many new and old players.

4 Likes

“This is an experience you won’t get in any other game” That’s for sure. It’s immensely irritating. This is exactly what it’s like on easy, as well. Total BS.

5 Likes

I have to agree, adventure difficulty no longer feels like the lowest setting in the game. I love the new machine tactics, but some attacks are definitely op for this setting, I have to say though the sudden need to adapt my playstyle was difficult for me as a casual gamer.

1 Like

Was the update even play tested? Where were the beta testers?

I was a beta tester for Quake II. If you need a beta test who can articulate issues count me in…anything to make the game better

b826dcc76fe2bc8790e6cbf9d5cd40e0

2 Likes

45 minutes of dying at the same place. Sounds like fun!

6 Likes

The problem with this update is that there doesn’t seem to be any noticeable difference between the difficulty levels. You were playing guerilla on your video, and what i saw in the video is exactly the same cheap BS i saw in my gameplay post-update, and i’m playing on “Adventure” (easy). It’s like the update is bugged, and defaulted all difficulty settings to “harder than Chinese arithmetic”. This is so screwed.

3 Likes

Play adventure on solo there is no benefit to playing higher difficulties at the moment

There also needs to not be 20 of them showing up out of nowhere…and they need to not be able to clip into buildings, and shoot through walls, and not be able to spam gas, and rockets, and missiles, and not be able to spot you from a half a kilometer out, and summon every machine in a 10 kilometer radius…

1 Like

someone mentioned earlier that the comments were pretty much the same on Steam they’re actually worse there’s a lot of cussing and game bashing out of 78 comments I only saw three favorable

I don’t know if the Devs are reading these forums (I certainly hope so…if not, they should) but I’d like them to understand this:

I really appreciate the effort you’ve put into this game - development is a difficult task at the best of times (I’ve done it) and things don’t always go as planned even for larger dev teams (> Bethesda <). I’ve read the recent reviews on Steam and this is what I was afraid of…for a lot of new players this “April Patch” behavior is their only experience of the game and it’s a negative one.

Here’s the upshot: this is NOT a bad game - in actuality I think it’s a diamond, albeit a rough one now. I’ve played a LOT of games since the early 80’s (yes, I’m that old), including some really atrocious ones, and this isn’t one of them. I began playing GZ several weeks ago and was intrigued enough to keep at it after which it really opened up and I could see what an interesting environment you’ve created…it’s afforded some really cool “emergent” game play. The fact that you’re still adding to it was great and I was (still am) excited about what’s around the corner in its development. I’ve since managed to accumulate resources and skills that helped to blunt the effect of this last patch. However, if I had only begun to play after the April update, I might have dropped it before discovering what it truly has to offer.

So, DEVS…you’ve got a major game imbalance in effect that needs to be addressed quickly. The nature of the Internet and social media means that a negative experience can rapidly develop into overwhelmingly bad press with the ultimate result being large numbers of new users won’t even give the game a chance…which would be a real shame.

5 Likes

Like i said, it’s been getting review-bombed since a few hours after the update dropped. What makes it even worse, is the fact that this is a “play-for-free” week, which is supposed to draw new players in…but anyone who looks at the reviews right now is gonna steer WAY clear of the game. This is not the way to increase your player-base.

I’m glad I beat the main story line and almost all of the side missions before the patch I could only imagine the difficulty new players would have saving the hotel mission comes to mind

5 Likes