New update a bit OP

Haven’t even wanted to try skirmisher or the other one

I´ve been playing skirmish, it´s the same, what´s worst is the damage the enemy inflicts.
From what i know:

• Mortar and Rocket salvos do more damage

• Hunter machine gun does more damage than before

• Hunter Railgun can now kill in 2 shots a player with Vanguard perk

• Medkits regenerate a little bit less of Health

No change at least for me in ammo and Health drops/ found in crates.

Yup - love this game. It was a lot of fun. Glad I did the main mission game and most of Alpine before this update. You have made enemy rocket pinpoint accuracy from long distance through terrain and walls from unseen Hunters etc so arduous that you ruined the game. Make this setting available to those who like an insane challenge and leave normal for those of us who just want to have the same fun we enjoyed before this patch . Was going to recommend this game to a friend but will not at the moment as money spent for a game this hard is not worth the expense. You will surely lose new players (and old players) with this patch.

4 Likes

I have been playing adventure and to be honest it isn’t that bad. Still difficult but doable. A bit of a tip 100 percent ammo out of the tech tree is highly suggested. Also, due to the current nature of the game and the underwhelming percentages on class perks I would highly suggest going down the combat tree and grab vanguard. It seem like it will be the only perk worth having. Maybe medic as well since you can revive yourself with 100 health

I just got a 451MB update pushed to steam. Anyone else get this? No notes as to what it’s for, and no official notice attached to it.

EDIT: upon further investigation, it appears it may have been a file repair. local file validation failed on one file.

But skirmish is normal mode, and people should be able to choose the perks they want, the problem is the new update not if people play adventure or skirmish mode, and what about people who choose other perks ? I specialized in Combat (having vanguard) and tech for lots of ammo and max carry weight, so i´m fine, but many people are not, and without a skill "respec they would have to start the game again, does not sound fair to me :confused:

1 Like

Something does seem a bit off with these balance changes. The more aggressive AI is fantastic. The teleporting hunters is a big departure from the technology we’ve previously seen. But the sheer number of enemies in larger scale encounters gets hard to track.

If the goal is to encourage stealth, it does that, but it comes at the cost of outright combat. I’m not fully geared, but I’m running some fairly high end equipment, including an experimental LMG, and the hunter swarm was nearly unmanageable.

1 Like

If the goal was to encourage stealth, they failed, as stealth isn’t even really an option now. These bastards can see through walls, and through hills, and through trees, and through bloody mountains… It’s insane. I used to be able to sneak around to get where i wanted, and to bypass groups of machines i knew i couldn’t fight, but now, no matter what i do, they almost ALWAYS see me, and then i’m screwed.

1 Like

So far, I’ve been able to avoid the encounters I didn’t want to be a part of. But it does require being a lot more careful about keeping track of where they’re looking.

They spot me from so far away, i don’t even know they’re there half the time. That’s the problem. I need to do some more experimenting.

Yeah. I haven’t experienced that at all, yet. The worst I’ve seen so far were enemies coming in from directions I hadn’t seen. Once you go loud, everybody wants to join in.

lol, all my weapons are suppressed, and all it takes is one shot, and everybody knows my name…

3 Likes

And they are everywhere. Want to go to a farm to try and find supplies? Four harvesters. If they don’t see you and kill you and you luckily sneak away and go to another small farm close by, four harvester and hunters.

So you can’t sneak and. They are everywhere so you are forced into impossible combat.

lol. I really only started running into harvesters, after i left the archipelago region, I think i saw ONE before venturing to the mainland. my biggest issue is enemies appearing out of nowhere, and swarming you. That never happened before the update.

1 Like

This is not what I’ve been seeing. I haven’t that many harvesters anywhere. It sounds like something’s getting seriously scrambled in people’s worlds.

1 Like

It depends on the quality of the suppressor, but I agree that robots’ detection is way to easily triggered.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m firing through gold cans, so that might be why I’m having better results with suppressed weapons. Not sure though.

Smoke and emps if you want to get away or get through some harder areas. One of the most underrated items in the game are smoke grenades and launchers. If you run tech tree for the 50% emp radius of effect the launcher with emp is amazing. I suggest if you have to fight then fight in the open so you can kite then around, or go into a high foliage area and pop about 5 smokes then sit and be silent. Hunters will use their scanners to try and find you. Once they deactivate combat and start searching throw a couple small or medium emps shut them down long enough to get the hell out of dodge. Have a flare to through behind you before they wake up and they should lose you. Hacking perk is good as well for causing a direction

I just played for about an hour on skirmish. It is possible to kill the machines but not fun at all to die every 20 seconds or burn away you med kits and you adrenalin shots. I will not stop playing untill it is fun to play again. And I will certainly not ask my friends to play again because after a short time they will surly never play this game ever again.
If this was intended and tested, maybe the devs can make a live stream with their best player who can shows us how this game have to be played. Maybe we all do something wrong?

And the argument “you can always retreat and its not that you have to win every fight” doesn’t really counts. Because if a hunter crew spots you it is almost impossible to run away from them.
And the cluster granates from the Apo Hunters still fly through roofes and kill you behind cover.

To be honest I’m pretty disappointed to see Avalance does similar strange decisions like Dice with the TTK change on BFV.

2 Likes

I have been playing GZ since day 1 (i.e. March 29th 2019). I recently bought also Alpine Unrest DLC. Had a lot of fun with this game, till the recent April update that ruined the game so much that it has become completely UNPLAYABLE due to the insane power that has been added to the machines and to the absurd number of them that you have to face all together. I play at skirmish level, but now it is a difficulty level a lot harder then the former Guerrilla. Moreover you get a ridiculous loot from the big ones. See the attached photos of a battle lasted for one hour, with thousands ammos, aid kits, flares etc. dilapidated to kill tens of machine and finally a lev 4 rival fnix harvester: the loot from harvester is BY FAR WORST than the one you can get from a common runner!!! So the loot system is completely broken too!!!
Unfortunately I missed also the anniversary event (due to COVID-19 mess…), and the possibility to get EXP weapons, no matter how many lev 4 FNIX or Apocalypse Tank rivals I kill now!! It’s a real shame, and it is really unfair for ANYONE WHO HAVE PAID FOR THE GAME not to have any possibility to get the EXPs!!!
Consequently and unwillingly, I am going to stop playing and wasting my time with this game until Avalanche Studios will have solved these three issues:

1. More reasonable and user selectable difficulty levels (as before April update)
  2. A more balanced and rewarding loot system, because now it is completely BROKEN!!
  3. And, related also to point 2, a decent possibility to get EXP weapons which now is exactly ZERO, instead of the completely useless exp clothes.

Best regards,
A really disappointed fan of GZ
Alexspark77

Battle Loot

5 Likes