New update a bit OP

Threads merged.

//Mod

I went all Tech drop 54 ticpods through 17 grenades and placed over 30 landmines. Devastated reinforcements for Harvester but ticpods are virtually useless. I don’t even loot them anymore

1 Like

One day after the Update I was in the southern coast region and tried to complete scavenging the large bunker in the south, what is actually painful due to the freaked out blooming.
So I thought lets continue in the farmlands, and I went to scavenge some small place with two or three buildings. Sneaked up a small hill to reach the farm when suddenly two hunters noticed me, far quicker than usual. Started fighting them and suddenly there were four of them. Fought them off and realized they were aiming incredibly good. After the battle almost all my medkits were depleted and I went so the small farm. On the way, that’s like 200m, another pack of hunters appeared, this time military level. Fought them off and was spammed by gas nades. Fight went like this: circle strafing until there was a small window to shoot back. That took ages and its just not fun. Afterwards I tried one more time to get to the farm. Now there was a Tank there. In the end I died several times in a barn, because I was hit through the walls with bullets and rockets. Switched off the game.

This issue not just concerns combat, when the game makes a chore out of every meter you make, it completely kills any sense of progression, just doesn’t feel rewarding to play an hour and not even loot one tiny place.

It really boggles my mind why you would change fundamental mechanics of your game without proper testing. Especially such one, very few were complaining about.
You might want to consider using a steam beta branch for testing before rolling out such a game breaking update.

4 Likes

ikr? i cant believe some people actully like this difficulty change XD

5 Likes

So here’s what I’m not enjoying.

The new detection system is scary for the wrong reasons, I remember jumping around through some brushery living my best life when suddenly out of nowhere the stealth indicator appears for a split second goes completely full and I’m in combat. The slow increase that we used to get with the stealth indicator is a lot better than NOT BEING tolled until the last second. Unlike inventory this change I genuinely want to be put back to normal.

Tanks and harvesters shoot to fast, this might be easy to dodge for a high level veteran player however for a new player with high hopes not knowing about changes or how things work would be absolutely totalled by possibly even a harvester! The Sound queue played for when a tank starts either of its weapons is good, however the harvester doesn’t have one and shoots way to fast for such a sluggish, slow machine especially when it’s calling more and more hunters all the time. I say Harvesters can only call for reinforcements 3 times no matter what class.

Apart from other bugs that still happen like falling through the map . These changes are a little overwhelming especially the detection system. Dealing and learning the new mechanisms is easy to get the hang of but it’s different for the new stealth indicator.

Also people who go to twitter, insta, etc saying that they ‘ruined the game’ are lazy and that’s that.

2 Likes

Mostly those people have been playing a while and have a stockpile of supplies. Not to mention the 5/6 star weapons.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen or heard anything from the Dev’s on ALL of this feedback? I have not seen or heard anything. Several of us on the LiveStream asked questions relating to the update issues that were skipped over. I don’t understand the radio silence. Can we get a communication at least acknowledging the feedback from EVERYONE? I watched a few twitch streamers play yesterday due to the Free To Play Weekend and they all reiterated what we are stating. Please give us some sort of communication around this, the silence is literally driving your base away, even a hey we hear you and we are looking into it. Love this game, please fix it.

11 Likes

I’d like this as an optional mode with better rewards. The hyper aggressive swarms can be invigorating, and the fights are extremely chaotic. But, this really should be a new difficulty mode.

And, yes, I am one of the players who had (up until yesterday) a huge stockpile of medkits, and has a mix of 5 and 6 star weapons to draw on. (Still don’t have a bunch of the 5 stars, though.

3 Likes

Flairs are broken most the time to as soon as you throw one they target you and not the flare

4 Likes

The devs are aware that many are unhappy with the added changes to Machine behaviour that came with the April Update. They are also aware that many like the added changes.

It’s likely being worked on, regardless.

4 Likes

i agree with you on that

oh no dont get me wrong i love your idea the prob with the game right now is that its not fun you dont get any good stuff from fights and it uses more then gives i dont have a problem with hard games i have a problem with games that emplement difficulty without thinking of the rest.

PS i also like a challange but there has to be a reward at the end to make it worth it

3 Likes

yup yes they do… yes they do…

Out of curiosity, where are the players that the dev team have found to be enjoying this update?

In this forum there are exceedingly few, are they all on steam?

I fail to see how this could be a “some like it, some don’t” situation. The game can’t. be. played. with this update without an utter unrealistic view of a) what kind of game this is, b) the sheer amount of ammo/medkit/flares needed in comparison to what is available to even stand a chance, c) the obvious silliness of laser missiles, unlimited teleporting Hunters with non-stop and pinpoint rocket spamming…

3 Likes

Please rollback the changes with the April update:
The difficulties can easily be rolled out specifically to each level - a perfect example is the Uncharted series of games. Each had the difficulties very easy, easy, normal, hard, crushing, brutal. Thats 6 different levels that allow every type of gamer a challenge.
I played each Uncharted game 3 times - first on easy, then normal, then hard. (thats 12 complete play through’s) The damage dealt by the player decreased on enemies as the difficulties increased [it took more bullets to kill the enemy], the damage taken by enemies increased also accordingly [you were injured easily].
My point - the Uncharted games were very successful and appealed to all types of players. I would love Generation Zero to have more games in the lineup and be super successful. (a sequel could take place in the US with the robots in the west, basically Red Dawn with robots)
Offer more achievements/trophies with the higher difficulties, include better weapons and in game character items with the higher difficulties, have higher class of robots only available in the guerrilla or a super hard robot apocalypse difficulty thats beyond fair.
The March update was great, I made definite progress and really started to love the game and the exploration and completing missions - now its back to being frustrating.
I simply want all gamers to have a great time - the casual gamer, the gamer who plays online with friends, the pro gamer who racks up machine kills in their sleep.

• I play on Xbox One on adventure difficulty in single player mode - just a casual gamer.
2 Likes

i’ll step up and say im one of those who are enjoying it.

3 Likes

They don t have to Change anything,they have leave the normal dificulty like was before,because i pay!
for this game,and they can t Change everthing like they want,they vcan add things,but they can t Change all the game,i like hard games but this is bulshit…maybe if people want refund,they have to give.

2 Likes

The people that like things tend not to be heard as much as the people who don’t. That’s a fairly common occurrence.

I fail to see how this could be a “some like it, some don’t” situation. The game can’t. be. played.

I came off a 3 hour co-op session yesterday that was very successful. You’re welcome to disagree what level of “playability” the game currently has but you’ll have to agree to disagree with certain aspects.

3 Likes

I was going to buy another copy of this game for my oldest son my oldest daughter for them to play on their Xboxes with me and my brother not going to bother until the difficulty settings are changed until then they will be enjoying the Borderlands collection I got them instead

1 Like

It’s nice you know they are aware but they have accounts in the forums. It would take them 10 minutes to not even address the issue even but to simply acknowledge their community personally. Half of us dont even care about the issues as much as we hear from them that they understand we are having difficulties. That is the thing about games like these. They will have issues. They will be imbalanced at times. They will get bugged. Hey, the DLC may even dissapear. Its disappointing when things like that happen its frustrating when they dont acknowledge it themselves. How personable a developer is is what draws me in to their games.

2 Likes