New update a bit OP

I played solo yesterday for more than 8 hours and enjoyed myself. I still really enjoy the game even with the difficulty.

2 Likes

I was grinding to collect all of the weapons and to help my brother and son with their Quest objectives. my brother and I finished the main story Quest and almost all the side quests before the patch my son has lost all interest in the game. Iā€™ve only been back playing for about a month now really did enjoy it up until the patch.

Going to get the last few Collectibles I need then move on. Not going to delete the game yet just in case something changes but if I have to make room for Minecraft or Roblox for one of my kids itā€™s the first to go

1 Like

if they leave the game the way it was then it becomes very difficult for them to introduce new skills and such the bots as they were, were far to easy to deal with hell my 13yr old son pretty much took them out while not paying attention, the changes they have made have made the game challenging its made the robots something to actually be feared.

and remember there is nothing wrong with running away from a fight especially if its one that is spiraling out of control

1 Like

@Zesiir When you say" many like the added changes " what changes are we actually talking about ??
You might even not know how to answer to this and i understand, but are we talking about the new Range and speed of the Machines Weapons or other things like new machine behaviors and reinforcements system?

1 Like

20 robot in 10 mtrs is not a challenge,is a shitty way to put the game more dificult,and spawn respawn Enemy Ć­nside buildings with close Doors iS ridiculous,i didn tbuy this game,for sure.

2 Likes

Well yeah, the Machinesā€™ AI and behaviour I think is something many have opinions about, both positive and negative. Sorry if I was unclear.

1 Like

Sure people like different things but an argument from silence, i.e. that happy players donā€™t speak up but exist 8j equal numbers, is inherently weak. So far thereā€™s one in hereā€¦

Is there a reason why a roll-back canā€™t happen when so many canā€™t play it anymore, especially solo?

3 Likes

you keep going back to i didnt buy this game for that so let me turn that one around for you i didnt buy this game for it to hold my hand and tell me how good i am i bought it for a challenge.

the robots in the building/shooting through walls yes that is a bug and its BS, the 20 robots spawning in iā€™ve yet ot see that with over 15 hours game play since patch have i seen them spawn in yeah but i also work round what is spawning them and if too many apear i run like hell

3 Likes

Iā€™ll take your opinion under consideration.

I donā€™t know if a rollback is even possible, even if it is itā€™ll likely take some time. Most likely weā€™ll have to wait until next monthly update.

to be honest I, for the most part, like the new difficulty and think if this as a new challenge
I play on guerrilla and have decided (after 3 hours of getting hammered in the ass) to play a lot cautiously, so far iā€™ve gotten from Minken to Bunker 666
I unfortunately can not say anything for new players since i have either 5 or 6 star weaopns (which makes things easier)
But I donā€™t think it makes this game unplayable, many are upset since they canā€™t use their old tactics. So was I but iā€™ve now decided to try to find new ones, and yes that may take time

3 Likes

that is exactly it man, we all became to complacent in the way we killed the robots this is jsut them learned from us and kicking us back they adapted and overcame us now it our turn to do it back again.

2 Likes

thinking more about it, before the april update I used to only go after FNIX or Apocalypse tanks because they gave the best loot but now they are a much greater treat so instead of just running at it with a shotgun, I now have to reconsider.

Can i take it out? How do i do that?

Iā€™ve realise how easy and meaningless hunting machines was before. Now it feels like a real treat

Spoiler

Now it feels like a military defence program gone rogue

The problem with that is the game drops absolute swarms of enemies on players, regardless of their level of experience. For new players, who are just learning, theyā€™ll get cut to pieces.

For new players who donā€™t have resources, donā€™t have experience, and donā€™t know how to play, thereā€™s no opportunity to stock up and learn.

Yeah, thatā€™s not a solution, thatā€™s just a meme. The current situation does not give new players the opportunity to learn and adapt. It simply crushes them. Instantly, and fatally.

8 Likes

no new players dont have a curve to get used to they have what the game is now. so they have no requirment to adapt to what they are now for them the gaem is what it is a very hard FPS

2 Likes

Your save data now includes changes from the patch. Some of those will be obvious, some will not. Itā€™s unclear whether your new save data could even load properly on the previous build.

Reverting the AI changes should be semi-trivial with excellent version control in dev, but depending on how far reaching the AI changes are, it may not be that modular. Itā€™s also something that, specifically, requires developer intervention.

That said, Iā€™m not wild about the AI changes. The idea that the robots are adapting is good. The idea that harvesters would do something new is great. The actual implementation is not. It has simply unshackled some of the more dangerous attacks, and allowed the machines to spam them. Itā€™s also updated tracking with some weapons to the point that theyā€™re now unavoidable damage.

Itā€™s a good idea, but, to be blunt, the execution was botched.

1 Like

I asked a few times and he completely skipped my questions. I even asked if he was allowed to talk about any criticisms and completely ignored.

He legit read the question above mine, saw him read mine and then skipped it and read the one below.

I even said 5 bucks he quits playing before the main island. He quits before the main island.

What a joke.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been following this topic with interest, and Iā€™ve got to say I agree with a lot of what has been said on both sides of this discussion. It seems that experienced/ higher difficulty players are fairly happy with the changes.and broadly speaking casual and new players are not happy with adventure difficulty in itā€™s current state, which I am finding difficult myself. However I am enjoying adapting to changing tactics, what I am not enjoying is getting destroyed by a few hits if I do make a mistake. Personally I think if they toned down the damage on adventure, and ironed out a few things, I would be happy with it. Currently adventure mode doesnā€™t feel like the lowest setting.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point, I think it would be a good idea to tone down the difficulty for lower levels and let those that play for a challenge use guerrilla

I like the challenge, it frustrates me immensely, but it frustrates me because I feel i can do it.
But we also need to accommodate new players and make them feel more welcome.

1 Like

Thatā€™s just my personal take on itā€¦ Iā€™m a casual gamer, and I just play on easy to enjoy the story, I donā€™t want too much of a challenge.and i just think the more constructive our feedback is on here to devs, the more likely that everyone will see changes the game needs.

2 Likes

In Summary.

PUT THE DIFFICULT STUFF ON GUERILLA.

FIX THE STEALTH INDICATOR.

DEBUFF HARVESTERS.

And thatā€™s basically what Iā€™m gathering.

Youve gone and made the game harder for people who play it more often than people who donā€™t, thinking that itā€™ll be fine however you have EXCLUDED new players who will now find it VERY difficult.

Hey nice job on the new animations tho their neato :+1:

3 Likes