New Weapon Ideas

Merged into New Weapon Ideas thread.

//Mod

1 Like

That looks sick. If an experimental was made, what would its power be?

2 Likes

Yeah, this grenade launcher would be great to have, i play on Guerrilla Mode solo and this little baby would be very handy indeed

2 Likes

A power blast so intense it would blow and knock the machine 10 or 20 m. further away

1 Like

Wow, that sounds cool. Would that entail augmented ammo, or just some kind of thing like the experimental shotgun?

2 Likes

Yeah, my efforts were a bit over the top​:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

What are your thoughts on the grenade launcher I suggested though?

It seems functional, fitting and highly versatile in the settings of Generation Zero.

Plus it is astheticlly pleasing as well.

2 Likes

I’d say, let’s see how the N79 fits. Having a full magazine of grenades can become quite the uber weapon. This might let the game become off balance but it would fit very nice.

The next weapon would probably be a mini-gun :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Discussion moved to proper topic.

//Mod

1 Like

There would be a variety of rounds or ammunition options available to it and something the mods could constantly add new content to

1 Like

Hard to believe I posted a version of this back at post 100!

But that said, we saw some drawings of Arnie’s grenade launcher from T2, let’s hope something comes down the line.

4 Likes

Yeah the more I think about that the more upset I feel… Don’t get me wrong I like the M79 But unless they have a super fast reload animation I am not convinced it’s going to be a great addition to the game.

If they added The grenade launcher that I’m pushing for That would be incredible because you could stagger enemies While keeping them pin down.

Obviously the reload for the one that I am suggesting would be much slower than the M79 But there’s got to be a give-and-take

2 Likes

Since all machines are made from metal (probably iron-based) wouldn’t large throwable magnets make sense? For example those can be looted from boomboxes. 10 of those magnets make for a throwable magnet and when it hits the machine it attracts other machines. Throwing more magnets into that clump lets it grow with even more machines :rofl:

1 Like

Or you could salvage magnets from boomboxes as a crafting material ta make sticky granates or something like that. It would be to over the top to make a magnet you’re describing. But it would be hilarious to witness a Katamari situation in GZ! XD

3 Likes

Uh… Textile+Adhesive+mine/grenade anyone?

2 Likes

I was thinking about sticky 40mm rounds for the Experimental autogrenade launcher. As an ammunition option

2 Likes

Thinking of sticky here, why not C4 or tnt, both are somewhat remote bombs, you would be able to press a button for the C4 and make a line of wire for the tnt. it would make for a fun trap, surround the bomb with exploding canisters and then you have a tank launcher ready to go.
anyone else think it would be a good idea?

but the m79 is more lorefriendly

2 Likes

I’m not convinced by this one.
It’s kinda cool, but Sweden never had it. And considering how woefully underpowered the Carl Gustaf is in the game, I can’t see how this could be better in any way without breaking the balance.

A cooler option would be to ad rifle-mounted grenade launchers, which Sweden does have.

I can’t find data as to when it was adopted, but I’m quite sure that they at least were on trial in the country in 1989. I don’t think it’s any more unrealistic to find one of these in the game than it would be to find a rusty and worn out Pistol 88 in the same year.

7 Likes

yeah that is cool, and more lore friendly.

1 Like

Exactly, the Milkor MGL would be a perfect addition just for that, to stagger or push them a few good meters away so you can make your next move. When on Guerrilla Mode, the machines are harder to take down so…as I mentioned before, having a 6 or 8 round MGL would do the trick to keep them at a safe distance, I am talking ofcourse about them Hunters. I wouldn’t see the MGL of any good use for Tanks or Harvesters…cos they’re to static

2 Likes