New Weapon Ideas

A few more weapons.

Sig Sauer P225/P226

When Generation Zero takes place, the Police were in full swing with replacing their Walther pistols (Möller PP) with the Sig Sauer P225. The higher capacity P226 was also adopted, initially intended to replace SMG’s (yes, they really thought a higher capacity pistol could fill the shoes of an SMG).

Revolver m/58

The standard issue revolver handed out to pilots. A longer barrel version was also handed out to some guard units.

Carl Gustaf GF

Prototype domestic pistol from 1968. Never adopted, but would be really cool to have in-game.

1 Like

What a great post. Genuine interest in all of this. Those Interdynamics rifles…wow!

The look is so 80’s it’s unbelievable - and imagine seeing this type of concept in the game environment I honestly believe it’s a great fit and look. I can’t help but imagine what an experimental version of the rifles would do, sound, or even look given the superb visuals of GenZ.

It was good to see that they have given credit to some foundation weaponry currently in game, and credit to the development team for not going too crazy now seeing the originals. Maybe look into variations of Sledgehammer and Brannboll bats?

Again, great work.

Alias

1 Like

Topic merged per source topic OP request.

//Mod

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegentlemansjournal.com%2Farticle%2Fworlds-greatest-shotguns%2F&psig=AOvVaw2W_ZeqARKuKlEurXOb8NKQ&ust=1613477986627000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMik7Zrw6-4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAg

image https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsciencetech%2Farticle-2157594%2FTRIPLE-BARRELLED-shotgun-1891-goes-hammer.html&psig=AOvVaw2W_ZeqARKuKlEurXOb8NKQ&ust=1613477986627000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMik7Zrw6-4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAl

These re some 3 barreled shotguns I found that have been used since the 1800’s. So they definitely could have been present in Sweden.

3 Likes

Never seen or heard of any 3-barreled here in Sweden. But we do have 3-barreled weapons. Usually two shotgun barrels and one bullet.

1 Like

So, its like a 3 barreled shotgun, but instead of a third barrel theirs some kind of rifle barrel, Like a 30-6 or something like that?

1 Like

Correct. I think 7x57r is a common calibre in such weapons.

1 Like

That sounds pretty dope. It would probably be better than a 3 barrel shotgun anyway, because it could have an option to shoot the 7x57 kind of like a single shot sniper for long range, and for close range you’d have the shotgun.

3 Likes

There are also variants with 9,3mm bullets. I think it’s 9,3x74.

2 Likes

Oh. Well, it would still would be a good edition to the game. Interesting possibility for an experimental weapon.

3 Likes

In fact, it could be part of a whole new shotgun-based weapons pack.

3 Likes

Tell me, what benefit would a over/under shotgun offer over the Sjöqvist?

1 Like

Well, I looked it up, and IRL, it can provide better balance, and reliability. Also, you can put two different kinds of chokes on them. So in game, guns don’t jam, so reliability wouldn’t be an issue. But, there would still be advantages. Weight could also be reduced. Also, they could be more powerful (different caliber, in other words). So capacity would be a trade off for power.

What do you see as disadvantages besides lower capacity?

2 Likes

I am down for that!!!

2 Likes

@Fwerkie I’ve done a good bit of clay shooting IRL, over the last… 17 years! So I know my way around a shotgun. :slight_smile: I use a very well balanced Beretta over/under shotgun, and this is what you should go for if you want to hit your targets. :+1:

IRL there are some neat differences that matter a lot, but in-game? Nah.
The over/under fires it’s barrels as fast as you can double tap the trigger, so that ties it with the Sjöqvist. You could give a over/under the same “damage” as the Pump Action, but with a much faster reload, and of course, only a 2 shot capacity. Maybe a tighter accuracy and lower recoil could also be a feature for a over/under compared to the other two? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would probably not use a double barreld rifle in game. But if it came sawed of and could be used as sidearm. Then it could be something for me. But I would rather prefere the russian shotgun with revolving mag like a revolver. The MTs255. Not better than the one in the game. Just different. But it’s from the early 90’s.

A flare gun could be useful as a lure.

3 Likes

Quicker fire-rate when compared to pump-action and of course much quicker reloads than any tube-fed system.
Still nothing I’d use, though.

I’d prefer an experimental, magazine fed Sjöqvist with some sort of twist. Perhaps explosive rounds, like in Die Hard Trilogy or Turok.

2 Likes

This is true. If they added an experimental Sjoqvist to the game then a double barreled shotgun with fast fire rate might be redundant, but if they don’t, then I think they should spring for one. Maybe as a small DLC, so if people don’t see the point, they don’t have to get it.

3 Likes

I’m still voting for the russian shotgun revolver. It’s a rifle but there is modifications into sidearms.

5 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Deployable sentry turret and more Traps