New Weapon Ideas

Yup, just changed slightly to better fit combat. Some good info on it here.

Yeah. In fact, you can actually shoot a .223 in a 5.56, so it wouldn’t be that different functionalitybwise, but as I said, ballistically, they would perform a bit differently. But of course, that’s barring on whether or not GZ is that realistic, but if it’s not, then it would be a mute point.

I thought about this anti-tank rifle when I fist started playing.

1 Like

Maybe these two versions of NIVA XM1970 by Carl Gustafs Stads Gevärsfaktori (Rifle Factory of Carl Gustaf’s Town) :grimacing:
Info about these experimental weapons:
NIVA XM1970

At the bottom they have the text about these two
Göta Vapen

NIVA XM1970 v2

If the devs added one of these, they probably would add the NIVAXM 1970, due to the fact that the second gun is American made, and for some reason a lot of people seem to not want American guns in this game. However, the NIVA appears to be a rather large bullet, which I personally would like, because the larger bullets tend to have good impact.

A bit necroposting, the topic for some reason eluded me all this time. A nitpicking.

Ak4 is licensed H&K G3 (the mother of MP5), so Germany.
Ak5 is licensed FN FNC, Beligium.

Where’s war, there’s arms moving, and where’s arms moving - there’s arms dealings, thus money making.
Someone been “donating” arms to Sweden in this crisis. Someone politely “asking for discreete cooperation”. People from mainland volunteered and took initiative themselves, bypassing government’s opinion, by buying stock locally and abroad - they would like to join, but island is watched closely. Arms dealers abroad smelled the profit.
Smuggler’s pack:
Vz. 61 SMG - compact machine pistol. PDW for crewmen, popular among criminals for firepower in a pocket package and ubiquitous .32 ACP. Too prized to be throwaway, got too much police’s “attention” to keep it along, thus “lost” on Ostertorn. (role: smg in secondary slot)

SPAS-15 - combat shotgun, proven, tested, respected. Though not a very famous. And to trade it is a privilege of people with power and connections. Just like italian mafia. Standart shotgun shells, either pump or semi-auto. Magazine-fed. (role: speed-loading shotgun via mags)

AI Arctic Warfare - new iteration of british sniper rifle, ordered by Sweddish Armed Forces and suited for harsh nordic climate. Around D-Day It was undergoing military trials. Now, this new rifle is going to be baptised in fire on homeland. Got delivered by brave volunteers from civilians and soldiers. (lore: AI AW indeed been in sweddish military trials around '90. This specific model is the one which later ended up being very successful and famous. L115 - .338 Lapua, the one people know as AWM; L118 - .308 win, the rare “older” brother, because neither widely used nor widely recognized due to cartridge, L115 is based on this one. role: rival to Barrett M82, bolt action rifle with extreeme power and velocity, perfect trajectory, high component damage multiplier, rare ammo, rifle accessories, suppressor included.)

Honorary mentions:
G36: “a private venture of a manufacturer through middlemen - clandestine testing of early prototype”.
Because development stated “1990-1995”.

2 Likes

Those are fantastic ideas. Especially the machine pistol.

Can agree with that but nothing beats getting close and personal with a shotgun sending runner’s flying

Yes but no, both have mayor changes, for example the FN FNC had most of the inner workings completely changed and the outside was slightly modified to fit Swedish needs.

I would want Automatgevär m/42 in the game because we don’t have any good semiautomatic rifles in the base game. One downside to this weapon is that if it where in the game it would probably use 7.62mm. This gun was made early World war 2 which would make some people happy and as we are in Sweden’s archipelago and they made 30 000 of them it wouldn’t be impossible to find in game. It is also 100% Swedish so I won’t get a headache when people say that it isn’t actually Swedish, unlike the AK’s which are only 60% Swedish. It would do great on many different ranges, I feel it would do great at medium and long range.

1 Like

Automatgevär M/42 would probably use .270 in game because it used 6,5x55mm irl. And was phased out when 7,62 was adopted.

1 Like

I know we just got another weapon pack but it’s still a good idea to think of more.

I was thinking of maybe a ww2 weapon pack which could add some older weapons like the sten, Thompson, mp 40, stg 44, lugar, colt 1911, kar 98, carbine, mg 42, bar, bren gun, bazooka, panzer faust and more. (sorry if I got some of them wrong)

Also maybe some different and unique weapons I was on discord talking to someone and they brought up the idea of a slingshot that shot grenades and a compound bow with emp and explosive tipped arrows.

And maybe some machine based weapons I made some ideas for them awhile back like the runner mg, runner shotgun (only would drop from runners) a hunter vidroblade (only drops from hunters) a harvester rocket launcher (only drops from harvesters) and maybe some more.

Also we probably need some more melee weapons because we only have 2 and a bigger variety is always better like maybe a fire axe and a pick axe and of course the hunter vidroblade that I talked about before.

That’s my idea on some new weapons that could be added.

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

Not to be rude but how whould you find all of these weapons in Sweden 1989 when sweden wasnt in the war in the first place. And that should destroy the 80s feeling of the game with weapons from other countries in a diffrent war

It’s actually 1990 in the game now, if you read the dev threads.

Also, certain guns, such as the 1911, were/are used worldwide in some cases, because of various things. Reliability being one of the main reasons. So, for at least some of those guns, it wouldn’t be that weird for them to be in Sweden.

To add to the semi automatic rifle discussion, there are semi automatic rifles that could be added to the game that are a bit more powerful, such as a 30-06. Of course, thats quite powerful, so an extended clip probably would not be added simply for balancing reasons.

Also, if we wanted another bolt action rifle, a 300 HH would be a fantastic addition. They have a 3-4 round capacity on average, so they wouldn’t be overpowered. They could function as a kind of sniper rifle.

im more surprised there was no side by side shotgun.

Galil or FAL would be decent too, guess a Ruger AC 556.
SITES Spectre M4 machine pistol for verity, pistol wise, or any type of Beretta before 1950.

sweden never mass bought 1911 or any other ww2 weapons so the chance of finding all of these weapons at the same time in sweden in 1990 is very small, and then they whould more be in a museum in stockholm instead of places in östertörn

Both the 1911 and the MP-40 was used by norway. The MP-40 until about 1990 i believe. So it would not be that unrealistic that norway as a neighbour sent some of them as surplus aid. But I would prefer other weapons added. WW2 guns would not be my choice when fighting modern robots when I have better weapons at hand.

A lot of those weapon ideas sound very intriguing but before the devs work on another weapon DLC I really want a bit more different. Most of the weapons are really more of a collectors piece since only a few weapons fit one’s personal playstyle. And since Sweden didn’t participate in WWI and WWII actively it is really hard to argue why some foreign weapons should exist there.

One might argue there could be some private weapon collector who also bought some weapons from abroad making them very rare. But then I wonder why implement them into the game when there might be only 1 piece in the whole map.

I really want more sophisticated and additional like the good old Himfjäll DLC. They might even bring more swedish weapons alongside. But this is something for another topic.

and you cant own (as a civilian) automatic weapons in sweden so if you whould find weapons in östertörn then they whould problably be non functional.

i think this weapon whould be better if you want a ww2 weapon in the game

used by Sweden and finland in ww2

1 Like