New Weapon Ideas

being a solider, melee is not fun. example i give you a baseball bat ,pipe, and you go up against a ak 47 or a rpg. would you win. no you would not. this game is not for close combat. it’s be careful and stealthy. with good guns and ammo. jmo.

4 Likes

For new weapons, i’d like to see bigger variety with early- to mid-game weapons, e.g: UZI, Desert Eagle, SA80, SKS.

UZI

UZI would use the .32 Möller ammo and fit into handgun slot. This gives the starter ammo some additional use other than the Möller handgun.

Desert%20Eagle

Desert Eagle would be using .44 Magnum ammo with 8 round clip (with mag mods, possibly even more). Also, it would be able to attach the 2-4x handgun scope. Having bigger clip but slightly less damage would equal it to current Phanter Magnum handgun, where users have a choice which one to use. To differentiate Desert Eagle from Phanter Magnum even more, devs could make it where Desert Eagle can not take silencer, only compensator. This way, Phanter Magnum would remain as silent kill handgun but Desert Eagle would focus more on high power damage output.

SA80

SA80 (L85A1) was in production between '85 and '94, so it would fit into the game’s time period ('89). Also, i looked for distinguishable looks since many weapons IRL are very similar to each other (e.g semi-auto handguns) but in game, we have quite different looking weapons.
SA80 (L85A1) would be 2nd choice for 5.56mm users, alongside AG5. Just like 7.62mm users have 2x choices: AG4 and AI-76.

SKS

SKS would also suit in the game, produced since '45 with 15+M units. It would be 1st sniper rifle that uses 7.62mm and it’s 10x round clip makes it more effective than current .243 and .270 sniper rifles. Then again, SKS is crossover weapon between sniper rifles (e.g SVT-40) and assault rifles (e.g AK-47). Also, SKS would fit well between 5x round clip .270 and 10x (18x) round mag of .50 cal, since currently, the gap with sniper rifles is great.

4 Likes

Belaboring an idea but…

Using the sticky flares really made me think of arrows so…

Thermite arrows: Uses thermite powder stuffed inside of an arrow tubing activated via a fuse to burn through enemy components. The extra ingredient causes sparks that act as distractions tantamount to sticky flares but doesn’t last as long. So you melt armor for clearer shots while taking attention off of you basically. Multiple arrows can be made using materials but thermites are single use.

Ingredients:
Plastic
Aluminum
Iron
Adhesive
Flares
Fabric

Heavyweight Broadheads: Does moderate to severe damage against exposed parts and runners. Can be recovered and used up to three times. Titanium broadheads up to five times. Only one can be made at a time.

Ingredients:
Steel/Titanium
Aluminum
Plastic
Adhesive

Achilles Bane: Arrow with plastic adhesive foam designed to expand with heat. Used to slow down movements and functions of machines. Effects increase the more arrows are used. Single use only.

Ingredients:
Aluminum
Steel
Plastic ×5
Adhesive ×5
Fabric

R1 (for ps users) to cycle through arrow types.
Press fire button while not ads to light fuses or undo fuses for thermites and achilles. 10 second fuse until it blows up in your face so be cautious.

1.5 seconds draw time.

Pros:
-A very silent shot, lowering audible detectability.
-Can apply debuffs somewhat accurately
-Craftable
-Heavy artillery has good damage and reusable
-Great handling
-Good primer for bullet cleanups

Cons
-Slower projectile with quicker falloff means you have to use math to get an accurate shot
-Slow rate of fire
-challenging against moving targets
-cant just find arrows lying around in boxes
-best to use a gun up close

Fired out of a modified Mollagabet bow (native to the Danish culture but some would argue shared by Swedish ancestory as well; known for its performance as a traditional bow without the need of recurving) with pony limbs made from machine parts to create a primitive compound.

(Look up micmac war bow)

Itd be good once the weapons crafting system is up and running.

You walk around like a TRUE Wolverine against the robot army.

Thatd be my dream weapon.

I want whatever those bloody Hunters have got! it’s got a blast radius of about forty metres and a range of about three hundred…

BTW, anyone thinking that a chainsaw would have any penetrating power has been playing too much Doom. If I hit a nail once (using one of the three chainsaws I’ve got at the moment) I have to stop and resharpen the bloody thing from scratch! Okay for zombies (if they haven’t got a metal belt buckle) but not metal…

My personally favourite is the cal. 50 Smith & Wesson SW 500. One hit and the Hunter turns three times around before he explodes :grin:

Industrial chainsaws and similar cutting tools can in fact cut through metal, like a hot knife through butter.
We’ve got one at work, it’s expensive and it’s badass.

I wouldn’t mind ripping a Hunter’s weapons off and jury-rigging something of my own either, especially now that we’ve got a crafting system :sunglasses:

2 Likes

why not saw right through the Hunter in the middle :grinning:

Yes, but you wouldn’t find one in a garage! Perhaps in an industrial facility…

True. I’d look for them in a place like the IGA Facility, or a military complex. Could make it a rare drop connected to areas like that for example.

Or the devs can be sadistic and give the Hunter a chainsaw instead of that blade.

Pherhaps this one, my son used it to cut through reinforced concrete

You’d be pushed to catch a running dog with that! :running_man:

1 Like

Which hunter and which weapon you’re talking about? :thinking: Since in the hunter’s arsenal, that match your description, there are:

• explosive flechette (FNIX)
  • concussion rifle (mil and FNIX)
  • cluster grenade launcher (apo)

First you stop the dog with the sledgehammer :dog2: :hammer:
Second with the chainsaw you cut him in two :crossed_swords: :smirk:

I’ll have concussion rifle, er… and a cluster grenade launcher, thag yew ver’ much

There is a concussion rifle in the game which players can use, albeit a nerfed version of it: experimental .50 cal. Though, cluster grenade launcher would be interesting to have due to it’s AoE.

I have two - I should be allowed to fire them both at once…

I adore how weapons are in the game currently but there is at least one weapon/caliber that is for the most part completely useless after just an hour or two in game and that is the moller pp/.32 acp cartridge. My suggestion to make this caliber useful again would be a, sitll low damage machine pistol that could be equipped in the secondary slot. Would be a good alternative to the 9mm SMGs while still not being superior.

And what do you know one of those does exist in the vz 61 skorpion, a weapon whose design ended in the 50’s and was seen as far weas as ireland at least by '78. Maybe not the most period and setting appropriate weapon for generation zero but something like it would be useful to making .32 not just trash fodder.

In a similar vein both .243 and .270 become pretty useless once you have a decent quality pvg 90 and a supply of .50 bmg, especially if its the 6c version. So maybe a semi auto, or lever action, in one of those calibers would help make them useful as well. just random ideas from a firearm enthusiast/gunsmith/absolute fan of this game

Trejo machine pistol would be a nice little dumper for those absolete .32 rounds and it would fit the era because it was developed in the 50’s.
Plus the ROF is exellent ~1300 rpm!! (For example, MG42 was ~1200 rpm)
Though, it would need a long hi-cap mag to sustain at least few seconds of autofire :smiley:

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

Also, search the forums beforehand.

//Mod

1 Like

you should add self detonate sticky bombs.

2 Likes