New weapon pack coming

Now that the Weapons Pack is out, do you like the new weapons?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don´t intend to buy the Weapons Pack

0 voters

Thanks to all who voted!
Good to know most of you liked the new DLC.

Does anyone knows what happens when your plundra is full and you buy the pack?

@Dantec It overfills the plundra

1 Like

It just overfills the plundra, you can’t put anything in it until you remove enough stuff to be under 200 pounds.

1 Like

It would be cool to be able to scavenge the gun off a tank to make a sentry gun thing. It would take up both weapon slots, and non mobile when placed, using .50 bmg rounds ofc.

I voted NO for one rather significant reason - extremely low poly N16 model.

Seriously, even M16 from Left 4 Dead 2 looks better.

On top of that - lack of rear sights on N60 plus issues I pointed out here.

N9 is good, with the exception of safety lever being in safe position… but hey, it’s N9, not M9. Maybe that’s how it’s supposed to work :wink:

1 Like

Good points, @0L0 :+1:

Pesonally, I gave the 3* weapons a quick try and shot a barn full of holes. That’s it.
I won’t try them in combat until I find at least a 4* version, maybe I’ll wait for the 5*.
However, with my luck that might be a year or two from now…

3 Likes

Yep, I overall like them. But 0L0 pointed out the things I do not like. The model of the N16, and no rear sights on the N60. That was the first thing I noticed when aiming.

I dare you from time to time spend about 300-500 bullets from 1* guns. Any.

Well, even 3* quality I still gave 'em a shot.
M16 - burst fire mode is a must. Impulses themselves are mild and single shot return crosshair back rather fast, but a continuous fire makes rifle float weirdly. FNC is better in latter’s department, IMO, - while making single shots are harder, the magdumps makes tighter cones.
Semiauto is a good for “varminting”, but there’s better choices.
3/5 - -1 for 5.56 ammo and the fact that FNC and M16 uses same standart, but this is alternative timeline :slight_smile: ; -1 weird floating at full-auto. Even meat-pounder G3 has more predictable pattern.

M60. In short - Minimi, cal. .308.
In long - same wild kick around as same quality Minimi (kvm89) with better dmg/shot and slower fire.
For longer ranges - pick MAG, even 1*.
The only redeeming quality - M60 is available very early, while MAGs with 2*+ quality are rare or late-game.

M92 (N9) - I didn’t had enough ammo to test it extensively (around 150), but that was enough to conclude that with similar to Glock handling, it has more comfortable aiming picture.
Edit on M92: well, it has better hip-fire than glock, but slide desperately trying to hit my eyes makes harder to do rapid aimed shooting. Speaking of slide - when I saw these edges and flat top I wondered: “why m92 tho and not m93r?”

Actually what i don´t like is that the weapons magically appear.
We should be given a simple mission " go to location X for cargo retrieval and destroy the defending machines".
That would be better.
On Steam there is some info about the DLC, on the consoles there´s not, so it would be " sweet" to have some lore in a basic cargo retrieval mission.

1 Like

The console, and pc have the same dlc message on the store. At least on ps4. and Steam. I agree a simple quest like you had said. In fact that is almost exactly what I was hoping for.

It says,

SPOILERS

"Since the fateful day of the “Cataclysm”, NATO and the USSR have each been closely monitoring the situation in Sweden, raising their preparedness levels and weighing options.

When proof was obtained that there were survivors hiding in multiple locations in Östertörn, resolution “Reaction: Phase 1” was passed at NATO, as an urgent, temporary solution: large quantities of standard-issue weapons used in the American military were to be dropped all over Östertörn, in order to offer immediate assistance and support to the various groups of survivors.

Mid-tier versions of these three US weapons will now be available in any PLUNDRA storage box on Östertörn; if you are new to the game, you will find them in the storage box at the Iboholmen Church. Higher tier versions of the weapons can also be found by defeating and looting enemies. These weapons are:

N9 Handgun - A proven, medium-power 9mm semi-automatic pistol. Standard-issue pistol for the US Army. Good for short-range encounters and as a last resort when your main weapon runs dry.

N16 Assault Rifle - Standard-issue assault rifle for the US Army. Easy to handle and equipped with a burst fire. Excels at medium to long range encounters due to its accuracy, sight options and fire mode versatility.

N60 Machine Gun - The N60 is a powerful and stable general-purpose machine gun used by the US Army since the late 1950s. Suitable for short to medium range encounters where accuracy is secondary to being able to sustain a high rate of fire without frequent reloads.

Weapon attachments included:
• N9 Extended Magazine
• N16 Extended Magazine
• N60 Extended Magazine"

1 Like

At the time of purchase Yesterday 17/12/2020 Greenwhich mean time 18.00 (6PM), there was no DLC message with that info in the European Portuguese PS store.
Maybe they were busy deleting Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation store at that time lol.

Today at this time i confirm the same DLC message info is indeed available.

Before any of the weapons were being announced, everyone was arguing over “It’s pay to win!” “No its not, don’t jump the gun!” and “You can’t have pay to win in PVE, that’s impossible!” and blah blah blah.
As soon as they start announcing the individual guns, the people with gun knowledge emerge and start deliberating over the firing modes and ammo types and what version would be being produced vs in-service for the time period and…
Its a welcome change in mood.

1 Like

People need to be more patient and actually review things only after they are available.

2 Likes

The thing i’m saying is that the community has such a negative stance on anything new, With a big horde mentality. As soon as someone says 1 thing (for example that the weapon pack is p2w) Alot of other people will start jumping to the gun.

They do not “research” themself or try to come up with what they think off the dlc. Which will then maybe ruin the future of the game because the devs see all the pointless hate of the dlc which can make them not do more dlc’s like this in the future.

Thats why i’m saying in my og post that “I can’t wait for people to say it’s too expensive and then say it’s p2w” which was a sarcastic way to say that it won’t happen. Because they realise that it is not p2w after all. I’ve not seen a single person state that the dlc is p2w after release. Cus it was a stupid ass claim without logic.

That is the end of my hot take.

3 Likes

As I had first-hand experience and pack is cheap (~2L of good beer for pack), I’d say it’s not pay-to-win - built-in experimentals do better in all aspects.
I didn’t expecing much at first, so I couldn’t be dissappointed to much in the first place.
Guns are one way or another balanced, compared to buildt-in alternatives - they posess interesting quirk or provide a good mid-ground for vanilla guns, but not OP (again, expies do the deed waaaaay better).

I’m satisfied they way it do now, yet it still has rough edges here and there.

Ok so in the reveal shown below. The N60 is shown to have the standard M60 rear iron sight. But it has none in game. Is that a bug? Or what. Because I see no other reason to remove it. Makes no sense to not have a rear sight.

In-game N60

3 Likes

So i got that new weapon pack.
I had tried out the Beretta Pistol.

Looks good and in a combat, not bad. Her sound is very close to the original.
The damage is good, shot some Runners and my feeling is the three star Berreta causes the same damage as the exp Klaucke. (Glock)

Good work and nice optic. :+1:

Alright. So I have gotten some info on 5c U.S Weapon drops, Be aware. This is not confirmed. Not saying this is 100% correct. It is based on my observations. Along with what others on the discord have gotten.

Anyways. The 5* N60 seems to drop from apoc tanks the best.
the 5* N16 seems to drop from apoc harvesters
the 5* N9 seems to drop from apoc hunters.

Yesterday I found the 5* N9 and its 5* magazine. Both from apoc hunters.
Edit: Just found a 5* N9 magazine on military hunter.

1 Like