New weapon pack coming

Correct me if I’m wrong. But the M14 sniper variants and DMR are weapons that got in to service around 2000. Before that it was more or less a standard M14 with scopes called M21. So not so different from the Ag4 in game. There is a dedicated sniper based on that weapon (HK G3) from the 70s called Psg1. And one from 1990 called MSG90

The M14 has been used since the 60´s.
The weapon did indeed received a upgrade.
The M21, and later it was upgraded again.
The newest version is the one that´s been used since the 2000´s by most of the armed forces that use them.
The PSG1 has nothing to do with the M14, but now that you mention it, I would prefer it to the M14 for sure!

Just a note: Obviously the “Normal” M14 is no longer used by most armed forces.

Psg1 has nothing to do with M14 but it’s a dedicated sniper based on the HK G3. And Ag4 (AK4) is the swedish version of HK G3.

Yes…but i don´t disagree, those are facts.
I just suggested the M14 because it´s also made in the U.S
I would prefer a PSG1, it´s a fast semi automatic Sniper rifle, the missing link In Snipers rifles we are missing in the game.
If a NATO or German weapons packs comes, i would suggest that rifle :sweat_smile: .
And yes, we can admit that the M9 is an Italian and not American weapon, being a Beretta.

I think the pack was just about weapons the U.S had used at the time. Not about actual American weapons. But yeah, definitely Italian.

1 Like

Yes but anticipating the possibility of arguing , I added that information.

Fair enough. I think one of the other reasons they are adding the M9 is if they chose the M1911, they would need a new caliber as well. But I am fine with either.

Probably, because they don´t have the time and resources to create new ammo type for the game unless it´s absolutely necessary.
Although I´m still waiting for an automatic shotgun like the SPAS-12 and the Skorpion that uses the same ammo as the “fictional” Moller.

1 Like

Alright, did some more research. With the N16 revealed it is time to show some stuff on what M16 it is. I believe it is the M16A2. As it is time relevant. And thus far, all images of it are very similar to the M16A2.

Don’t know why you argue so hard on the M16 burst fire… It will most likely have semi/burst/auto, same as the AI-76, and that’s it. :+1:

The M4 is another “why bother” discussion…
IRL is one thing, but in the game, the M16 will perform the exact same way as an M4 would, and you know that. :wink:

The Beretta 92F is an italian design from an italian brand. Still, it is the US’ standard issue sidearm, and therefore included in the US weapons pack. Beretta, I think had a manufacturing plant in Maryland back then, and now I believe they have one in Tennessee. So they do in fact make their own pistols in the US.

@Mr_A1992 and some others mentioned the H&K PSG1 as a potential sniper rifle.
Just a friendly tip. If you look closely, you’ll discover that the PSG1 is simply a modified G3 (AG4 in-game) H&K’s PSG1 modification has a better buttstock, pistol grip, and a barrel better suited for precise shooting. The reciever is the exact same as on the G3/AG4. So in-game, equipping a scope on your AG4 kind of gives you a PSG1. Only difference is that an actual PSG1 would be more accurate at long ranges.

@helldiver also talks about german weapons. I would love some german weapons in GZ!
As a member of the norwegian home guard, I’m a very happy user of the modern HK416, also mentioned by helldiver. We also have the legendary Rheinmetall MG3 in our arsenal. I want an MG3 in GZ! You can hip-fire an MG42 in Far Cry, so why not in GZ?? …the sound alone would scare the crap out of a Reaper! :grin: If I remember correctly, @tene clocked the KVM 59 to 500 RPM, so a 1000 RPM + machinegun would be sweet, right? :wink:

Since we now have soviets/russians in the game, (who have either invaded or been allowed ashore), we could perhaps be seeing some soviet weapons in the future?
Personally, I think a Dragunov SVD sniper rifle would be really awesome, and it would serve as a pretty nice bridge between the hunting rifles and the PVG 90, with a 10 round magazine and semi-auto fire mode. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooooohhhh Hell, Yeaah i hope they make a German weapons pack with the MG3. I had fired with that beast on the shooting range during my military service. She has not much recoil, is very fast. When you want to make a fireburst with three round you mast have a sensitive forefinger :smiley:.

The HK 416 would also be fine. We have in Germany at the Moment the HK G36 and she is better as her reputation. The issues that we had was dependable from the ammunition what has become some improvements. The Walther P88 would also be a nice sidearm.

Unfortunately my Pistol (a Walther P99) was to late produced so she couldn’t have a place in the game.

That is full correct. The PSG1 is from teh bottom of her heart a G3 with some improvements and a longer barrel. She is carried in a special case and not a weapon you can throw down like her sister the HK G3. As i was in Service my G3 had a wooden grip (was an older one) as i adjusted it on a sandsack she delivered very good achievements on the 200 m distance. Better as i expected.

Ingame i use the whole time a 5* HKG3 with scope and barrel extention and hell yea she saved my ass so many times. She accompanied me the whole game. :smile:

1 Like

Also, it would be a bit awesome if the devs could revamp the recoilless rifle at some point.
Found a cool video showing how powerful that weapon is IRL.
A bit sad that it’s so useless in the game… :thinking:

We were debating on whether if the dev team would follow what the weapon is irl. Or just make it a 5.56 Ai-76. Also if you want to talk about that should be added, or revised this is not the topic to do it. There are other topics where it will be better seen.

And there we have it, what we already knew about, the new M60! Oh i mean…N60!

2 Likes

I play solo on Xbox. I bought the game disk, Alpine unrest, and the FNIX dlc. I don’t mind paying for sizable dlc. That doesn’t include a “weapons pack” with only 3 weapons. Especially since there are no machines since the reaper update.

It has been said that the new guns will come with story. Whether that means just some npc dialogue, or a large dlc, is not known. But there has been longer stretches of more new machines longer than a month. Which is about how long the reaper has been a thing. But with foreign intervention, there is a decent chance of a dlc coming soon.

A small story or lore content?
Hum interesting…

I made a comparison image with the M16A2(1983), and N16(Fictional, no date). The N16 seems to be more blocky in some areas. With less detail on the dust cover. As well as the stock having a weird angle.

1 Like

Well…it´s a game, and then we have the issue about license, games with real weapons need to pay a license to use them.
At least most do need it.
So this way, it looks like an M16 but they dont need to pay any money.
And as a bonus we might get a bigger mag, maybe instead of 30 rounds we have 45 too? :wink:

Note: Though usually the AK47 having so many manufacturers does not require any license.

Maybe. Just thought the other weapons part of the N-series (standing for Nocopyright), looked more detailed. It may just be me. Or the fact the M16 is not that special looking of a gun. I have not done the M60 yet. I have to figure out the variant. Also true. The license thing kinda sucks. And yeah the AK 47 seems to be like that. It may also be the difference of governments on manufactures. U.S vs Soviet Union. Not gonna mention anymore of it. Would probably break the politics rule.