New weapon pack coming

Yes. There are MANY more M16 variants I listed there. I had listed the main ones. I had done some quick research on the wikipedia of the gun. But anyways. The M4 Carbine is listed in it’s wiki to be in service from 1994 onward. Outside of the game’s time setting. Now, I am sure that special forces teams around the world had some prototypes in 1990. But it does not matter. As the gun here is listed as N16 (M16). The main M16 that the U.S would have in 1990, is the A2 Variant. My point of my original post was to point out we are likely getting a burst only rifle.

The M4-like rifle the U.S would be using is the XM177E2, which was a prototype.

1 Like

Incorrect
The weapon was just called another name before that. It was renamed the M4 in 91.

In May 1991, the XM4 was renamed to the M4, and Colt made a manual for the M4. In 1993, the US Navy SEALs tests the M4’s in Somalia alongside with the new M4A1. Colt stop working on improving the other Colt Carbines to do more work on the M4.

1 Like

You never put a smoke round into a runner?

Any questions?

So, are we good for 5.56 3 round burst fire?

1 Like

why are you guys talking about the m4? This thread is about the m16, m60 and the m9…

2 Likes

Ok, the XM177E2, introduced in 1967 was a prototype of the M4A1. Not named the M4, but close enough. Anyways, lets get back on-topic. As this is not a thread about the history of the M4 carbine.

1 Like

That’s not what my wiki shows

Yas! Milkor MGL! Definitely fits time period,… just sayin,…!

1 Like

Guys come one! @helldiver @MarkNcheese42
The point is that it does not matter.
You are arguing about versions, this is nonsense.

That is why I had said lets get back on topic. I am currently researching the M9, finding differences between the Glock.

Ok, so I think the N9 will differ in many ways. For example irl, the M9 has a 15 round mag, less than the Glock 17’s. Now for balance, I think the N9 will have slightly more damage, and range. As it is a large metal handgun. Possibly slower reload, and lower handling. Now ofc irl, these differences would be negligible in a trained persons hand. But I think it will be more exaggerated in game for balance, and to be more unique. This is just a theory. So I am not saying this is 100% true.

The Glock has a weight about 0,62 kg versus the Beretta with 0,975.
What i dislike at the Glock is that she is partly made from plastic (40%) what i see in a combat with doubts. When you have a long fight by firing rounds of rounds i would like to have a Beretta.

The Glock has at the end of the Barrel Kompensator holes what will prevent the turn up of the weapon while you are shooting in comparison to the Beretta she has that not. but the firegas from the Glock what is redirected will blind the shooter at night

1 Like

N16 reveal. It is burst fire!

2 Likes

Yeah boi! Looks lit!!!

2 Likes

see! I was right about how it’s gonna be burst!

2 Likes

Let’s remember that in-game AK has burst-fire mode, that was impossible in standart AK/AKM. M16s here can also have 1-3-fun fire modes.

P.S. I was expecting iconic “triangle” Vietnam-era M16. Or iconic “square” M16a2 that one with M203 mount. Well, boring “round” one is fine too, I guess…

The M16 here would be an M16A2. As that was the variant the US had at the time. So it would have semi, and 3 round burst. So If they follow what the Us was having at the time, it will only have burst and semi.

I hope they will give them the same behaviour as in IRL to make it more realistic.

Actually I have to say, they wasted the opportunity to give us a “middle sniper”.
Being the American weapons pack, instead of the generic M16, they could give us instead the M14, being faster and having a bigger ammo mag than the Mausser or the Algstundare.
Oh well it´s not bad, it´s just not perfect.