Pistol Ammo to Smg Ammo

I dont see a lack in damage i used the 9mm to drop a reaper it only took me about 1200 rounds being picky about where i hit, but the issue is i keep spare rounds in my storage and pistol rounds being as heavy as they are are capping out my storage with all my other guns and utilities

1 Like

The problems not that i need to carry more the problem is the expense to store them

I’ve been there. I now recycle most of my pistol rounds as i just don’t use the handguns anymore unless it calls for it in an assignment. But i keep a lot of smg rounds.

You kind of proved my point, 1200 rounds to down a reaper!, I can almost see it destroyed itself too? And you think that is a sign of good damage? 12 rounds to drop its health by 1%? I think I see the problem.

How long did it take to click 1200 times plus reloading time and time getting a clear shot? Not to mention what it takes to collect/craft 1200 rounds. Would a weight reduction help with you wanting to use one of the weakest guns in the game to fight the strongest machine? My storage can handle 400 weight units, how many rounds of 9MM is that and how is that not enough? Were ever you are getting so many rounds that your storage is not big enough, maybe you should consider changing your tactics. instead of storing a lot of ammo, use it.

I can store enough ammo/supplies to play 8 hours and not have to worry if my locker has enough ammo. Most the time I only bring back recyclable stuff and leave my locker alone, collecting the ammo I use the most off the machines I down, and I have to limit how much I loot of that. then to keep my recycle bind where I can dump more in it, I stop playing and craft things I can’t get directly off the machines, like 9MM SMG explosive rounds and 7.62 shock rounds. Here lately, remote turrets and more repair kits too. But then again, I don’t use any weak weapons that it take 1200 rounds to down even a reaper.

Maybe he fancies himself to be an old west gunslinger with only a sidearm! :cowboy_hat_face:

Oh, actually it is… 9mm FMJ (pistol) is double the weight of 9mm FMJ (smg) and that shouldn’t be imho.
So there’s something definitely borked, especially between those two as they’re literally the same type of ammo.

3 Likes

Maybe that is to help the player make better choice when dealing with machines.

The weight of the rounds is not why most players stopped using pistols but it may been one of the reasons.

Changing the weight of the round will not make it a better choice when the machines get stronger.
Now, asking for the pistols to do more damage BECAUSE it uses a heavier round, would make more sense.

1 Like

Pistols once had a reason, like you said. There was a slot just for pistols and melee.

I once made a suggestion for a revamp of the wheel, where we would have to unlock (by character lvl) all the slots and where each slot has a special purpose. Maybe I find it later…

I think the reason why the smg rounds are lighter just is that you spend more of them if you use a smg. 1000 rounds are easily gone… So you would want to be able to store many rounds of them. And that’s why they have less weight. It’s service to us players, not thinking about realism.

1 Like

Give me realism or give me death! :ghost:

Sooo your saying it would take me less rounds if i used 7.62 or 5.56? Or even the Smg in full auto letting rounds just hit where ever they hit?, or are you one of the hundreds of people who lug around 25 pounds of 50 bmg because you only use the experimental rail gun? I dont like using the 50 because its all anyone uses and i do like using my assault weapons but i do like my pistols and dont see a lack of damage, takes me about 3 to 5 mags to kill a harvester, so im not sure in what world 45 rounds is weak unless all your reading into is DPS, dont get me wrong in no western but i do like using the Barretta i payed for and the Makarov that i payed for and yet to do so i gotta skimp out my other ammo or just runn heavy when i pick up more, god forbid i kill a reaper or a firebird and find 600 more that i cant carry, i dont play gen zero to min max and ride everyone elses coat tails and copy their builds use their weapons, i play the game cause i like shooting shit and blowing up murderous robots and i have MY CHOICE of weapons, im sorry that you like another catagory of weapons, im here to voice what i feel is off and or out of place not to argue you dont use the pistols so it seems your outa place in this convorsation, that seem fair to say?

2 Likes

You are right and sorry for stepping on your toes. And took joking around to far. very Sorry.
You are correct, I have not used pistols since the weapon wheel came out and we got more control of what we can use. And I may have had only a few hours carrying a pistol in slot 3.

Who knows, there was mention of things done to the weapons per players style.

1 Like

Pistols with silencer are the quietest weapons in the game. Using FMJ or AP they are perfect for clearing Tick infestations in houses in towns - close the front door behind you and use the pistol+silencer and you don’t aggro the runners and seekers, which keeps the hunters away.

It also helps if you shoot like a Brit instead of like an American - single aimed shots instead of mag-dump spray fire.

1 Like

:joy:
“Shoot like a Brit”

Hit the emp mounted on the outside of the house and all the ticks inside are destroyed. And doesn’t attract attention of any near by machines.

The silencers for the pistols are quit but when it comes to anything bigger than a military runner, which most the pistols cannot one shot them and you have to be so close that aiming and shooting like a brit will get you detected by other machines and then you have no choice but to start shooting like an American just to keep from losing all your health. Which a PVG will take out not only all runners but a number of hunters with a single shot and single mag. And a at a distance that the machines don’t hear it even without a silencer. You can also take down a harvester before you get detected.

But the topic is how the pistol 9MM round should be lighter than the SMG 9MM round so more can be carried and stored. And only if you still use the 9MM pistol as your main weapon and not the intended side arm can you comment, and only if you are for the rounds to be a lot lighter so more can be stored.

Oh, so you set the rules of who can reply and how on these forums? Sorry I didn’t know that - I’m new here.

I do agree with the original premise that 9mm = 9mm and that both the pistol and SMG rounds should be the same weight and power with only the heads varying in application (they are small enough that weight difference between types is negligable).They should also be lighter than all the other rounds in the plundr box, just as the 5.56 should be lighter than the 7.62. Maybe one day it’ll be something that gets factored in … probably around the same time that eating and drinking and pooping and p’ing becomes part of the survival mechanics?

Imho the real problem here is, that 9mm (Handgun) is twice as heavy as the 9mm (SMG) rounds and that has to be a bug as it makes absolutely no sense.

E.g.

• 10 rounds .32 = 50g
  • 10 rounds 9mm (SMG) = 40g (!!)
  • 10 rounds 9mm (Handgun) = 80g
  • 10 rounds .44 = 160g

Hmmm… Looking at those numbers I’d say 9mm (SMG) ammo is rather too light, especially compared to the .32 rounds… :thinking:

:man_shrugging:

And you will go through 10 times the number of SMG rounds as the pistol rounds. So the SMG rounds should be even lighter so you could get the same amount of damage that you could from the pistol. Round for round the SMG round does a lot less damage too. But the two weapons do not have the same fire rate. So the SMG makes up for its lack of damage with a lot higher fire rate so it will do more damage in the same amount of time.

Do you want the SMG round and the 9MM pistol round to weight the same and then also do the same amount of damage? I think that is why each has a different weight.

Yes, compared to each other and to realism it’s too light. As stated somewhere above it probably just was a design descition.

A kpist or HP5 spill out the bullets much faster than a klauke does. So you will need much more bullets of them. To be able to store an amount of bullets that fits the demands, they reduced their weight. (Keep in mind that the max weight in the beginning of the weight-based inventory was much lower than now)

Why don’t they use the same ammo for both, 9mm pistols and smg, as it is in real life?

That’s probably a design descition again.
They wanted to have different weapons of different classes (primary/secondary) with different ammo types and different high chances to find each of them. Voila.
Later there came experimental ammo, which gave another reason of have seperated ammo for these weapons.

Btw the first and only ammo type that is used in both classes was/ is the .32 cal since the eastern european weapon pack. (Möller as pistol/secondary, vosa as smg/primary).

Maybe, as idea, with a revamp of the ammo types they could correct this descition by making the two 9mm ammo to one for pistol and smg. But either they would be forced to change the experimental 9mm ammo, too, as there shouldn’t be all available types available for all pistols and smg that use the 9mm ammo. Or they introduce another free weapon with the 9x39 ammo (currently just soviet weapon packs AT-WAD) and move three of the existing 9mm experimental ammo types to this type.

Btw, changing some of the existing 9mm guns to 9x39 wouldn’t make much sense, as their Real Life variants all use the same (9x19).

Here are some real life examples of weapons that use this ammo:

@SR_Carni what do you think? Is that something the team could think about to change/introduce?

Certainly not this year, we could possibly have a look at the ammo types at some point down the road but it’s not planned right now

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
I wouldn’t have any changes for that assumed for being done this year. You have a roadmap and I guess there is no space for looking into another feature revamp.

If looking at ammo types or ammo in general in future, keep in mind that there are other topics, too, like this one: