Plans for base building?

So the the base building would be like fallout 4 i could go for that

Moved all base building feature requests into one, neat topic + moved entire topic from General Discussion to Feature Requests subforum.

//Mod

I do like base building, and i also agree GZ is not styled toward big base building. How about a partial base- revamping, like turning a Bunker into a semi-permanent place to do all your crafting and what not in relative safety. It should not be fully safe so like ticks appear every so often and maybe a runner or two in the bigger areas. The more repeatable horde and wave defense would be nice. just to keep you on your toes. I sorta like the fact that this game has no truly ‘safe’ spot.

With latest announcement and trailer, it’s confirmed that base building is coming to GZ.

Trailer:

Announcement:

Is it? I thought it was only base defense?
Regardless, I’m happy that Avalanche are fixing one of the game’s primary flaws: the lack of clear rewards indicating progression.

Well Pontus clearly said:

As the game shifts from 1989 to 1990, new threats and world revamps will emerge, as well as the long-awaited introduction of base building.

I think I saw @Aesyle summarise my thoughts in base building.

What does it provide that safe houses don’t already?

1 Like

well if base building will be in the game then i hope it is only for one base and it will more be a shelter than base

There’s a lot to this that both excites, and concerns me. As @0L0 mentioned - it’s far too early to make assumptions.

Folks, this topic is to make feature requests for base building.

For base building discussion, there is a topic here: Base Building discussion

My thoughts about base building is also posted there (the one AliasDJA is talking about).

I may saw the trailer wrong, but i got an impression that we have at least 3 different bases to choose from or, to make bases in them.

Also, trailer didn’t show no small shelters. Instead:

I believe that they’ve mentioned they’ll revamp the safe houses.

IMO, it’s silly that there are tent camps in the middle of nowhere equipped with a bicycle work bench and freaking sewing workshops. I imagine that you’ll have to improve your base to a certain level before you can unlock that stuff.

I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this but it has to do with the base building, and something I wish will be implemented. A secondary storage, maybe even just a (vapenskåp) where you can just store your weapons. This storage unit would only be accessible at your homebase unlike the “plundra” that can be accessed at any safe house. I do like the storage/carry limitations this game puts on you, it makes you think strategecly and you gear up accordingly on what you plan on doing.
But some gamers are collectors and it would be cool to be able to collect every weapon in this game from dilapidated too experimental without having to throw away every gas can and radio in your plundra.
Feel free to be critical to this idea. Maybe is more game breaking than I’ve thought of?

3 Likes

I accept any idea if the devs think it’s a nice addition to the game. In other words I would not mind a Vapenskåp. But personally I don’t use more then 4 different weapons. And I am not a hoarder. I don’t collect weapons either. I throw all weapons I find away or recycle them if I need resources.

1 Like

I love the idea of a weapon safe. We had another discussion about placing all our collectables on a mantelpiece or a cupboard (or both) somewhere. My Plundra overflows with weapons I never use but have a hard time letting go of.

2 Likes

It wasn’t.

Discussion moved to proper topic.

Next time, use Forum Search.

//Mod

Snarky tone much? I’m not gonna tell you how to mod but that was really unpleasant.

Sorry, i didn’t mean to sound rude. It’s just that it creates a lot of work for me. :slight_smile:

Are talking about mounting weapons, like one would in a cabin? Like, on pegs or something? Cause if done right, that would actually be kind of cool.

Imagine, a reaper busts through your outer wall, and you grab your trusty .50 cal right off the wall. This might be a preference thing, but in my opinion, that would be sick.

That discussion is about “trophy shelf”, so that you can view the different collections you’ve collected thus far. Many games have such trophy rooms or trophy shelves and it’s a neat touch to a game. :slightly_smiling_face:

As far as weapons on the wall go, there is some eyecandy to them. Though, as seen from the trailer, machines can actually destroy your base structures. And if that wall happens to be destroyed where your weapon was, what happens to the weapon? Does it get destroyed alongside with wall? :thinking: Since it should.

1 Like

Yeah, thats a good pint. But, just a thought, wouldn’t the trophy shelf also get destroyed? Not that you would lose the trophy’s, but the shelf would not nessisarily survive.