Plans for base building?

I am going to make a map pointing out some of the points where a resistance base could be do able in every region that doesn’t have one. Anyone have a base i can use ?

A base?
Well i suggest barren, hidden or empty spots in each Region there are some of them, it´s just about choosing where.

I meant base for a map :sweat_smile: but i have one now and am going to go looking around later at some locations for bases

1 Like

The defense missions could be triggered by reaching max region level.

1 Like

Yes they could, but they should not trigger by themselves, side missions should be only optional, that way everyone will enjoy the game.

proberly a better idea. you have there. But wouldnt that kinda remake the base game than?

i dont see the benefit of it as of yet. i think more serious issues is at hand and should be dealt with before any new sugestions.

There are bugs difficulty scaling and floating items and such.
So from my part naah not really needed but a good idea for maybe a next dlc?

instead of being able to build your own base anywhere which would be a pain to put in, i would like to recommend that out of all the safe havens there could be a small handful of safe-havens which you can choose to be your home base where you can customize, decorate, craft, and fortifie. i also would like to add the idea of adding some sort of enemy raid on your base every so often like they do in “seven days to die”. (sorry if my grammar isn’t right, English isn’t my first language)

1 Like

So the the base building would be like fallout 4 i could go for that

Moved all base building feature requests into one, neat topic + moved entire topic from General Discussion to Feature Requests subforum.

//Mod

I do like base building, and i also agree GZ is not styled toward big base building. How about a partial base- revamping, like turning a Bunker into a semi-permanent place to do all your crafting and what not in relative safety. It should not be fully safe so like ticks appear every so often and maybe a runner or two in the bigger areas. The more repeatable horde and wave defense would be nice. just to keep you on your toes. I sorta like the fact that this game has no truly ‘safe’ spot.

With latest announcement and trailer, it’s confirmed that base building is coming to GZ.

Trailer:

Announcement:

Is it? I thought it was only base defense?
Regardless, I’m happy that Avalanche are fixing one of the game’s primary flaws: the lack of clear rewards indicating progression.

Well Pontus clearly said:

As the game shifts from 1989 to 1990, new threats and world revamps will emerge, as well as the long-awaited introduction of base building.

I think I saw @Aesyle summarise my thoughts in base building.

What does it provide that safe houses don’t already?

1 Like

well if base building will be in the game then i hope it is only for one base and it will more be a shelter than base

There’s a lot to this that both excites, and concerns me. As @0L0 mentioned - it’s far too early to make assumptions.

Folks, this topic is to make feature requests for base building.

For base building discussion, there is a topic here: Base Building discussion

My thoughts about base building is also posted there (the one AliasDJA is talking about).

I may saw the trailer wrong, but i got an impression that we have at least 3 different bases to choose from or, to make bases in them.

Also, trailer didn’t show no small shelters. Instead:

I believe that they’ve mentioned they’ll revamp the safe houses.

IMO, it’s silly that there are tent camps in the middle of nowhere equipped with a bicycle work bench and freaking sewing workshops. I imagine that you’ll have to improve your base to a certain level before you can unlock that stuff.

I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this but it has to do with the base building, and something I wish will be implemented. A secondary storage, maybe even just a (vapenskåp) where you can just store your weapons. This storage unit would only be accessible at your homebase unlike the “plundra” that can be accessed at any safe house. I do like the storage/carry limitations this game puts on you, it makes you think strategecly and you gear up accordingly on what you plan on doing.
But some gamers are collectors and it would be cool to be able to collect every weapon in this game from dilapidated too experimental without having to throw away every gas can and radio in your plundra.
Feel free to be critical to this idea. Maybe is more game breaking than I’ve thought of?

3 Likes

I accept any idea if the devs think it’s a nice addition to the game. In other words I would not mind a Vapenskåp. But personally I don’t use more then 4 different weapons. And I am not a hoarder. I don’t collect weapons either. I throw all weapons I find away or recycle them if I need resources.

1 Like