Please add "New Game"

I said it before. They could implement player profiles. Each profile works like the game does today, with 4 characters with shared loot and mission progress. You can create as many profiles as you wish, and a new profile starts fresh from the very beginning. Countless other games has this system… :slight_smile:

Or if you just want to play the game from the start, just backup your current save, nice and cozy in a folder somewhere, delete the original, and there you go. If you regret, you can always go back and get it. (Privilege of PC players, of course.)

4 Likes

True. Both parts.

Only a game shouldn’t make you tinker on the OS level in order to achieve a functionality common to 99.9% of the games out there.

4 Likes

I totally agree. I’d love to have separate worlds for each character. Maybe the dev team could ask up front whether this char would share the world with another one or create a fresh one from scratch.

1 Like

I think it is extremely easy to create a new save game folder when you create a new character and switch between them, since you can do it manually already. That is really all there is to it.
That is easy to implement. Unless their codebase is really, really untidy and messed up.

1 Like

Another merge that i missed previously.

//Mod

Phantomwa1ker, post:17
Start reading there.
It really cannot be any clearer.

I am PRO game+, I suggested additional levels to be gained, thus more skill points.
I also said, if those be implemented (level cap raise, more skill points), it might be best to keep away from normal players, since too OP then.
Immediately followed by:

Tell me, sir @Mr_A1992 , how is this reason for your reaction?
Is what we write too incomprehensible, perchance?
Maybe a bit too messy?
Something else?

@Mr_A1992 makes some valid points. Even if a New Game+ mode allowed characters to gain more skill points, I don’t see a reason why they and someone who hasn’t done a New Game+ wouldn’t or shouldn’t be allowed to play with each other. You talk about them becoming too OP for other players, but I’m already playing with a guy who just started and I’m level 26. Sure it might be easy for me to kill off the prototype machines, but so what? If I wanted to I could go down south and just kill every prototype I see anyways. Doing it with him just helps him out.

This balance the two of you are arguing about is completely based on the players decision. A level 31 character or level 1? FNIX machines or Prototype? Easy, medium, or hard difficulty? It’s all your choice.

Balance mostly only matters when it’s player vs player. Having a level 31 fighting against a level 1 would be unfair and unbalanced. But it’s player(s) against machines.

Now if players got overpowered to the point where none of the machines present a challenge anymore, that’s another story.

And finally, while I would like a New Game+ mode, @OGDH makes a good point. You’re already going back into the game with a fully decked out character (unless you’re using a new one I guess). Additional skill points doesn’t have to be dependent on a New Game+. Personally, I just want the ability to gain a few more skill points. Like I’d be happy with a level 35 cap.

3 Likes

That’s a good point, sir. :slight_smile:

Anyone else?

I run with low level players on purpose so I can step in and help when the s**t hits the fan. I’m all for a new game + but only for reset of the missions, im already powerful enough as the game currently stands but if a new game + came with enemies scaling with your levels im definitely all for that.

5 Likes

OK, that’s a fair point as well, really…

So, new question:
Would Game+ feature only (a) specific class machine(s), or all of them?
Would these have even more toughness, do more damage?

Absolutely more damage and armour otherwise no challenge and if lower level players joined your session then they would get a temporary boast whilst in your session or its a risk they would take joining your game.
As too machine classes, fnix and apocalypse for sure and maybe a new class(es) for the ng+ mode and to counter that new threat we could have new weapons.
I dont think we need more skill points added to the game but i would like something to use these prestige points on maybe cosmetics or experimental mods.

1 Like

Yes, sir, for none-G+ players it would be a tad hard.
That’s why I asked, if both G+ and normal gamers should be apart.
Most games I think have a separate G+ from normal game, I would imagine?
Is that correct?

For machines, I am with that, yes…
Good thinking, sir.

I think most games overwrite yoir current save when you start a new game +.
As when new players start gz, an idea would be they would have to at least done the end game mission before they could join a ng+ mode with other players, so in theory they would be around lv 25 then anyway.

1 Like

Discussion about “new game+” moved to proper topic.

//Mod

Multiple game playthrough a?

Sorta self explanatory
Different playthrough a
Say you play through the game with punk and want to start over with nerd

You want mission reset:
@ easy ways, good sir:

1. delete all characters, sir, and begin anew, but keep the plundra.
  2. Delete the save, and start anew without keeping the plundra.

Thank you kindly, dear sir, for teaching this ol´dog new tricks :slight_smile:

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

maybe this is off the topic a little but why to devs make games where if you start a new game it automatically deletes the one you are playing or the one you just finished?? I mean the only way to say it is do download that save to a different file location which like on a PS4 means a external drive of some sort. That is one thing I have never understood and most games are now doing that, except if they have the New Game+ option which very few have. I am not sure of the difficulty of this function or why it’s done…but I do have a problem with the fact you do NOT have a manual save option in this game. Yes it does same allot but there are times when I have to leave or stop playing because of my disability and I have lost tons of things simply because everything goes back to the last save point where it might mean several things. Just trying to understand why this should even be so much an issue to Devs & why it’s done

For a game to remember and factor in your previous run = more coding on the devs part. Rather than wiping the progression and starting anew.