Please add "New Game"

Yes its strange that there is no New Game option without deleting profiles etc…

This game absolutely needs a New Game option, to start completely over without deleting savegames or losing other characters/progress.

The game is great but it lacks some replay value, having the ability to replay the missions, or some kind of new game-plus would be great and an incentive for players, many games nowadays have this, it would make Generation Zero greater!

5 Likes

i wanna make a new game so i created a new character and i spawn at the old place but withouth any items

This isn’t a bug. All created characters share the same game world. It’s been discussed if this were to change, and it might, but it’s not within the dev’s scopes right now.

Since this isn’t a bug, I’m moving this to General Discussion.

I would like to see a option for New Game+ The reason for this is that from my understanding the story missions are so screwed up that in order to fix this it sounds like I have to delete my characters and start fresh. I’d hate to lose all the XP gained which took a long time to achieve. This way I’d be able to start with my perks and be able to get the Wrench In The Works mission to show.

3 Likes

It’s kinda sobering that we’ve reached the point where people don’t even expect a fix any more. :worried:

2 Likes

Speak for yourself. One or two people doesn’t represent the entire community. It’s a shame that some missions are not working correctly currently, but it’s being worked on. It’s just taking some time.

The closest we have to a New Game+ right now is the fact that the Plundra carries items over to a new save. You shouldn’t need to delete your characters though, there’s no guarantee it’ll fix the issue.

I’mma put this in Feedback & Feature Requests.

1 Like

The question is also, how a fix for a botched mission would look like. I can’t complete the Hunter side mission due to prematurely picking up the quest items. I can’t imagine a fix that does not require me starting a new character. I’d be glad about it, but that would involve fixing my save files via applying some private patch or something.

The same happened to me before the arrival of the Rival update, after it, the quest disappeared and i could do it from the beginning, so maybe when the next update comes, you will be able to find the Rifle again.

I actually made this mistake after the update. I did not expect these missions to be coded that linearly. In most other games the order just does not matter.

It´s are cool when in the Game Menü the Button “STARTS NEW GAME” is, where all cleared, then all clear in the Data Archive are to complicated

Would you mind rephrasing that? I have no idea what you’re saying.

1 Like

That the Game Starts from new where is all cleared, when i start now without clear the Save Data, then all marks on, and i must clear the character

Since all character slots share the same progress, starting a new game is only possible if you delete all of them and restart the game.

and this is stupid sorry

Sorry that you think so. This is a topic that’s been discussed before, and the devs are aware that many want to have individual saves so we’ll have to see what the future brings.

1 Like

On PS4 when I delete all characters and start a new game. All markers are gone but relay beacons dont’t respawn. So a start new game button wouldn’t be so bad if it cleared all the saved files including characters.

1 Like

the Relay Beacons respawn not on pc, and has nothing with restart to do, i deinstall the game, and start new, was not normal is

I want to start a new playthrough but i also want to keep all weapons and clothing.
Sort of like a new game plus.

Items like weapons are not a problem but I lose all my clothing like halloween costumes and experimental outfits.
Is there a way to start a new game with only missions reset?

(Don’t worry I have backup)