EDIT: There is no need to send us more corrupted save files as we have gotten plenty and since the fix is almost done being tested and verified we don’t require any more files. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to provide us with copies of your corrupted saves we appreciate it.
First of all I just want to say that we are very sad to see that so many are getting their save files corrupted. This is a huge bummer and know that we are doing our best to prevent this from happening.
We are currently at the point in the investigation where we need corrupted save files from users that haven’t clicked “OK” when the “corrupt save game - restoring of save file failed - do you want to delete your save” message is shown.
Clicking “OK” deletes your save and creates a new, blank save, and a save in that state unfortunately does not tell us anything. However, a save file which is in the state where you get this message on booting the game would be very useful for us in our effort to identify the issue and prevent it from happening.
IF anyone get’s this issue on PC please consider closing the game (via e.g. ALT + F4, via task manager or right-click and close application via taskbar) when the message is shown instead of clicking “OK”, and then sending us a copy of your corrupted save file.
- Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
- Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
- Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account required)
- Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
- Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
- Upload and copy the link
- Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer
Sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for your patience and thanks for reporting!
Note: This is a re-post of my reply in the Corrupted Save File topic. This new topic was created so that my message with instructions would be shown on top rather than at the bottom of a lengthy thread of replies.