[SOLVED] Progress not saved when playing offline on PS4 (PSN required)

After playing Generation Zero (PS4) in offline single player mode for over two hours, I decided to take a break. I had made it to at least three safe houses and already achieved five trophies. Imagine my shock when I turned my game back on later to continue the adventure and the game had not saved any of my progression. Even the character I created was gone. No saved data at all. I thought it might be a one-time bug, so I started over only to have the same thing happen again. I tried multiple times to no avail! I down loaded the latest update. Still no change. I think you will have to agree that this is a game breaking bug/ glitch/ etc. of some kind. Are the devs going to address this with a patch/fix and if so when? Please respond.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you
R D Reeves

1 Like

I also have a have Generation Zero on PlayStation 4 and the game won’t save this is a game breaking bug please respond

1 Like

I usually save like this on PS4 and it works

1. Fast travel to safe zone
  2. Let the white upper right dot save
  3. Move away from safe zone, just exit or something
  4. Fast travel again to same safe zone
  5. Let the white upper right dot save a second time
  6. Exit to main menu
  7. Close application

Hi are you playing offline or online?

I am playing offline.

1 Like

Hi Pagansailor!

Could you help me with some followup questions. we are trying to nail down the cause for this.

• Did you install the game through disc or the PS4 store download?
  • How are you “offline”? No cable? Turned off internet in settings? No +plus+ membership? Loosing connection during gameplay, or no connection from start? Something else?
  • What is the build version number (V nr to date should be 1.02)
  • Do you see the save icon during game play. The game should save after: Unlocking safe house, looting, rearranging your inventory, completing mission objective, combat etc.
  • What PS4 system are you on? Base or Neo?

And also, have you tried if it saves if you go online?
Thank you so much for your patience while we are looking into this and cooperation!

2 posts were split to a new topic: No stats saved or incorrect

Any fix on this?I am experiencing the same problem.

1 Like

Could you help me with some followup questions. we are trying to nail down the cause for this.
• Did you install the game through disc or the PS4 store download?
• A: Disc
• How are you “offline”? No cable? Turned off internet in settings? No +plus+ membership? Loosing connection during gameplay, or no connection from start? Something else?
• A: Turned off internet.
• What is the build version number (V nr to date should be 1.02)
• A: 1.02
• Do you see the save icon during game play. The game should save after: Unlocking safe house, looting, rearranging your inventory, completing mission objective, combat etc.
• A: No save icons at all.
• What PS4 system are you on? Base or Neo?
• A: It is a standard PS4. Base I guess.
And also, have you tried if it saves if you go online?
A: I have not even tried to play at all online. I have very bad internet.

1 Like

I also played the game on my PS4 and it is not working, I’ve tried 3 times now to save the game at one of the safe posts. Well I’ve gotten pretty far in it and it did not save. Very frustrating for me and I just bought the game. I haven’t tried to go online at all, my PS4 has not even touched online features in awhile. I bought the game as a disc, I haven’t seen a saving icon at all. Only when I turned the game on.

Platform: PS4

Description: Hi, I am having big troubles with this game. I have been playing this game for 20 hours with not major bugs just some mission bugs and stuff. Now, I am trying to unlock one bunker (mountain one) but when I do and exit (then enter again) my game does not save and I have to play it again. I have tryied it for over 3 times with different stuff. I noticed that my save icon is not showing aswell. Maybe it is because I signed out of my psn? (can’t sign back in [error]). Maybe someone can help me with my issue? At this point I cannot play the game because anything I do just does not save it at all. I think I might return it if it does not get solved in the latest patch. Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

Steps To Reproduce: Maybe sign out of psn? Or try to complete mountain bunker and its missions on one time?

Host or Client: No multiplayer. Solo

Players in your game: None

Specifications: PS4 Normal

i have tried numerous times after playing for hours to have the game saved.
But every time I start up the game again, all I can pick is new game. not continue???
If no answer I am going to have to return the game

you have to go to a safe house for your game to save buddy. or i believe you can force it to save by changing a peace of your clothing and waiting for the auto save symbol top right

I have tried both those things and I see a very brief save symbol, but when i restart the game it still only says new game?

have you tried uploading your game save to cloud storage seeing if that helps? or you may just need a fresh install of the game?

thanks, i will try both those

Hello!

First, thank you all who have reported. The reports have been varied but we finally found a cause for what you have been reporting. We also found a workaround that will make you able to save your game.

If you are playing on PS4 and have never registered to PlayStation Network (please note this is not the same as having PlayStation Plus) you will not be able to save.

Some users have reported that they can’t save while playing offline, these players all seem to sign in to their PS4 with users never registered to PlayStation Network.

Workaround : Sign up to PlayStation Network (you will need to be online to do this step) and the next time you start the game you should be able to save. After that you can save during online or offline game play.

We are investigating a possible solution, but the above step will help you for the time being.

2 Likes

Im still having this issue. Even though the console has been registered to Playstation Network since i bought it several years back. Was playing offline some days ago and the game did not save my progress. Logged on to PSN and then it saved. The local savefile does not change its size no matter how far into the game im progressing. Can anyone confirm that their savefile changes size when they are saving?

Jomjom79

Hello. I really enjoy this game. I have come across a problem. I have played this game for about a year and half now and I have just encountered a very big problem. I can not save my game. This has happened to me after several multiple hour game sessions this week. I have followed all instructions on fast traveling to a base and it still won’t save. I need help!!!

On ps4 my game does not autosave the autosave does not work every time I log out I lose everything can a Manuel save be put in because I really like this game or is this just a bug