Quicker way to equip gasmask

But it is for just cosmetics only. Why waste a button/slot to use something that has no function? First the gas masks need to work.

Gas is so uncommon I don’t think it’s really necessary to make a whole new system for the gas mask.

The only times gas is a problem is in some rooms in bunkers and some machines deploy it when you get too close. For the gas rooms, they’re small and there’s usually only one, so you don’t even need to put on a gas mask. Even if you want to, you’re not in a hurry so you can just wait by the doorway and put it on. And when machines deploy gas it only lasts like 10 seconds in a small radius that you can run out of easily.

The gas mask itself isn’t even that helpful. Obscures your vision for 20% gas resistance.

Unless they added a whole region or area full of gas I don’t they really need to rework the inventory for the sake of gas masks.

2 Likes

Well, it’s not a new system but, as I’ve discovered reading here, the removal of an old one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has this been updated since your post? I ask because I see stats that show a difference with vs without the mask.

With the mask I show a level of 40% protection…

Without it, it shows it would drop it altogether…

I’m asking as I love to play solo, but I’m always getting trapped in an area and they start gassing me! LOL!

I would love to have a quick and easy way to put on and remove the mask. As it does distort the world a bit, but I wear all the time so I don’t take a chance to get gassed to death. I would love for this to be addressed if possible in the future, that is if the masks make difference.

I’m pretty sure the gas mask is now working as intended. @Zesiir do you remember when the gas mask started to work properly?

Also, I totally agree that a hotkey for the gas mask would be nice. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There are areas you can expect to encounter gas. Like when dealing with APOC machines and when entering areas of a mission that have gas. It is widely know that Himfjall is full of APOC machines, so it would be a place you would want to wear the mask. Rooms that will have gas always have a backpack outside the entrance so you should know to wear the mask then. If not by the backpack, then there is normally the hissing sound of the gas to let you know the room you are going to will have gas.

Putting on and removing a mask should not be as fast as changing weapons or grabbing health kits, it should be something you plan for and take the time to put on and remove. It is no different than changing to a silencer barrel when you want to pick off a few runners without letting the other nearby machines know of your presence. Then switch to a different barrel that gives the same weapon a little more punch, like on the AG4.

Some of the player’s actions should take a little time, and planning to perform and keep in mind limited button functions of controllers in some of the game’s platforms.

Just my opinion.

I see what you’re saying, but I must respectfully disagree.

It makes since that it could be expected in certain areas, but I was just walking through woods when I encountered a huge amount of machines. I took shelter in a nearby shack but was pelted with gas attacks coming from one of the machines. It flushed me out as I was dying pretty quick. Now this wasn’t in Himjfall, it was around the northern part of the mainland, like around Marshlands region (I think).

It makes since if you’re switching barrels on guns a lot, but I have different guns for different occasions. Thus I have an AG4 that’s for my stealth and my KVM89 is the hard, fast, and heavy! LOL! I just use a different gun for the specific occasion. Again, it comes down to time for me. But, thats my opinion … let’s face it, I’ve only been wrong a couple of times in life! You can trust me! :rofl::rofl:

This might be a good place to mention, some thoughts about the inventory having a favorites category.

It could at least make it easier to select and put on. Just another thought.

1 Like

I don’t know since when its resistance is at 40% but I found some topics about gas masks.

This one is from 2020.

It seems that it changed in about the middle of 2020, but I didn’t find anything about these changes in Patch notes from that time.

Last but not least, the discussion about a shortcut key for the gas masks is as old as the working gas masks.

I’m still for changing it to something similar like the flashlight is. A useable item that can be used by a simple button press, but which is always equipped as soon as you picked one up.

Maybe there could be some option like adding attachments to weapons for additional features, resistances and values besides the apparell selection screen. Almost like we can configure parts of our companions.

1. At the character design screen (apparell) let us just be able to chose the hairs for our heads. Hats, helmets and so (which you put on your hairs) on should be moved to the new system.
  2. Add protective vests for the new system.
  3. Move flashlights and gas masks to the new system.
  4. Maybe add additional protectors for knees and elbows or maybe even for the face to the new system.
  5. Make jackets, T-Shirts, pants to optional apparell (or “none” as additional option)
  6. Add backpacks in different sizes and with different features to the new screen.

Now let’s come to the new system.
You may chose your apparell independently from that.
On this new screen you now have the option to equip items to your character that give you additional protection or features if you found some.

Head
Add a hat to be placed on your head (and hair). You still see your hairstyle, dependend in which you selected, of course.
A helmet can give you bulletprotection, some maybe even additional stealth values.

Face
Masks for bulletprotection or gas protection.

Elbows and knees
Add protections for fall damage.

Torso
Add a vest with protection against bullets, explosions or fire. You’re still able to see parts of your selected clothes. A T-Shirt or jacket beyond the vest for example.
Add a flashlight in the color you wish (you know, you can find different ones and pick them up without being able to select them currently)

Back
Add a backpack for more carry weight or with a special feature. There could be some with builtin field radios and without space extension that allow fast traveling to your position. Or medical backpacks that heal nearby players.

Belts
There could also be belts that add features.

Combined with the backpacks and another idea they could expand the slots on the weapon wheel, like having 4 slots initially, expandable to up to 8 slots when using a good belt and a large backpack that have the ability to expand the slots, which don’t have to be a general feature for all of them.

1 Like

So my idea was just to make one thing better … you just had to go and make it sound completely awesome with an idea like that!

Granted, I see all that being very involved for the dev’s, but that’s great thinking! I would love that! I saw where others were just commenting on more clothing/armor options. That idea of yours would definitely provide not just more options, but more opportunity for types of armoring, like the pads for fall damage!

That’s some awesome thinking!

1 Like

It was patched in a while ago and should work now (not sure exactly when), and offer some amount of resistance to yellow gas. I don’t know if it works the same on Hunters’ gas grenades though.

How is this already suggested in 2019 and still not resolved?

Surely hotkeying gas mask to G for PC is not a ton of effort. Please hotfix this. Having to go I - Profile - Eye wear - Gas Mask is just absurd.

Gas Mask - Health kit (assign either small, medium or large) - Binoculars - Grenades (choose one type) need hotkeys yesterday… come on it’s not like the genre is new. Cycle through different types with “N” like for ammo type.

Although in GZ you un-equip your weapon with all these , it should just trigger the current graphic sequence automatically , except for the gas mask which doesn’t have one , no worries. I don’t really care but u could make a simple transition: unequip weapon - backpack sound trigger the screen fading to black like closing ur eyes and then fade in again with the mask overlay on - take weapon again , quick solution that works.

Gas Mask as eye wear is funny indeed.

Also in that menu the game doesn’t pause , until u equip it there are 2 reapers & a bunch of runners stomping at you like a toy and i play in 1st difficulty level!

Unfortunately this kind of thing does provide any kind of direct income to the publisher and devs and it’s not something u can show/promote to the world & potential customers. Then again it’s likewise for the new apparel crafting system so it’s wrong priorities here imo.

pls fix this

That’s normal for a multiplayer game.
And GZ always runs in multiplayer-game-mode.
Either you play alone as host without guests or you have random guests or friends in your game or you join another players game as guest.

No, it isn’t new, that’s right.
But there are two reasons I really appreciate:

1. The devs don’t just copy other games, but try to make their own thing, while they indeed react on the players feedback.(don’t expect reactions on every players feedback and immediatly)
  2. It’s a game which has to be playable as it is on all supported devices. Yes, on PC there is a keyboard with many many keys, so why don’t we have a short key for everything? Well, because it’s not just a shortkey, it’s a function that differs from what is possible on the others systems. And they really try to have the same game on every system to reduce the number of system specific issues. You know, small team, low budget…

Pc master race my ass it’s not the 90s any more!

We are though. I barely consider consolers gamers :stuck_out_tongue:

Offtopic
Consolers are more gamers than PC users are.
They just can play games with their consoles.
PC users so many other stuff with their equipment.

The worst are notebook users. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In my opinion.

Note: It’s not just the power of the used device that makes a gamer a gamer, nor is it his/hers age.
Offtopic off

Back to topic please. It’s about gasmasks, items and apparel.

The gas mask use could be assigned to a slot and you use it like a health kit, hit the key, the mask goes on, you use all your weapons and stuff the same. The Mask goes from full effect and degrades to zero at a set time. But the mask becomes part of your inventory and not an apparel item. Which means it would have weight and you can store them and drop them.

If they’d add in keyboard support (for consoles) I think it’d help with this as well as allowing remapping.

I totally agree. I think maybe the gas mask should be considered equipment and you should be able to equip it from the inventory wheel

The inventory wheel is very limited however, but I am making a suggestion to make it larger

What’s with all the necromancy lately?