Recon Update Issues Feedback Thread

Hello everybody.

Post any issues & feedback about the Recon Update here. Other topics concerning the same subjects will be moved here as well. This is an experimental attempt to keep it all in one place.

Remember to keep it friendly, within reason, et cetera. :+1:

4 Likes

And here we go with the patch notes:

Sounds interesting so far.
Especially that they adressed issues for base-stuff in south coast, which haven’t been there before :thinking:. Why do they mention them?

1 Like

I believe they mention them due to it being issues in the Private Beta. It hapens in all updates, people just mostly skip over them tho.

Also a questionable choice to not include anything about performance from FNIX Bases in the patch notes when it is/was a serious issue.

Maybe they just didn’t want to describe every single fact about this issue.
But it is mentioned as community reported and solved:

[Community Reported] Fixed the issue where ticks would infinitely spawn from machine corpses and attack other machines, players, structures, etc. and cause crashes.

But I don’t see anything regarding the disappearing / appearing machines close to control points.

At least one thing is very interesting… The tweaks on the dlc weapons s21, kotenok and AT-WAD. I would never have bet that they would adress this.

2 Likes

The Infinite tick bug is not fixed. Someone just reported it happening on discord so i now see why they never mentioned performance from FNIX Bases.

2 Likes

Oh oh… that doesn’t sound too good, no ?

But as I said before, get rid of most of the FNIX bases and reduce it to one per region.
Or make them toggleable for those who don’t want them at all…

Ah well… I*ll have to have a look on my own when I’m back home later and have time to test it.

2 Likes

It is sad they went ahead and added new bases in another region KNOWING there are issues with them and didn’t address issues with other bases in other regions.

What is crazy is they are saying players are asking for more of these broken control points…who are these players and where is THAT data coming from?

4 Likes

Thanks Zesiir for making this thread, you’re the best! To everyone else, keep posting all the feedback and issues you’ve got here and we’ll take a look at everything you’re sharing!

1 Like

As long as I have been here, bugs keep reappearing after fixes, and new bugs are constantly introduced. They are always having problems passing whatever checks are done by MS or Sony before the patches go live.

Don’t get your hopes up guys.

1 Like

I-
Why am I not surprised that a major issue they SAID they fixed
Is not at all fixed and is possibly even WORSE because of the new control points

5 Likes

Good things in the update - the weapon buffs and schematic improvements.
Bad things - More control points, Issues not getting fixed even though the patch notes said they are fixed and also nothing new that is interesting and makes me wanna play the game again.

I am super disappointed in this update, But i’m not suprised either.

4 Likes

Well, that sucks. I suppose we’ll have to wait for a fix, and hope it takes enough priority for a hotfix.

I was on a bit of a break from GZ, I suppose I’ll give it a while longer :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I really hope it does because theres still no reason to be playing while the issues about FNIX Bases still exist.

4 Likes

I’ll take a try later today to see if it works on ps5.

If not this issue has enough priority for a hotfix, what else should have it?

Tried it twice now, about 10-15 minutes playtime in both before crash to desktop. I guess i will have to wait for a hotfix or similar before i can resume to play GZ again.

Dropping ticks like a mf:

1 Like

No issues as per normal here. PC Steam.

The big news that infinite ticks has been solved is wrong. Fnix bases still crash the game because of them along with random hunters that spawn them in the middle of fields that also crash the game.
I will get used to changing ammo with up/down instead of left/right.
I like cycling weapons and gear from the wheel with left/right.
I can’t comment on the weapon tweeks as I don’t use any of them.
I will now avoid South Coast as i don’t want to activate any control points.

Ok, to get more clarity, please use the poll to show, if it’s still crashing due to infinite ticks, or not and tell the systems you used, to test and confirm.

For me, the issue with infinite ticks spawning which result into crashes, isn’t fixed. I can confirm that the issue still exists on:
  • XBox One S
  • XBox One X
  • XBox Series S
  • XBox Series X
  • PC (XBox Gamepass)
  • PC (Steam)
  • Playstation 4 slim
  • Playstation 4
  • Playstation 4 Pro
  • Playstation 5

0 voters

For me, the issue with infinite ticks spawning which result into crashes, is fixed. I can confirm that the issue is fixed on:
  • XBox One S
  • XBox One X
  • XBox Series S
  • XBox Series X
  • PC (XBox Gamepass)
  • PC (Steam)
  • Playstation 4 slim
  • Playstation 4
  • Playstation 4 Pro
  • Playstation 5

0 voters

3 Likes

You forgot no issues on my preferred platform option.