Recon Update Issues Feedback Thread

Moved to #bug-reports section. Maybe it belongs here instead.

//Mod

No, there are two polls

ā€¦the same problems as before ā€¦and gamecrash by destroy FNIX base :man_shrugging: :disappointed_relieved:

look Video

so the game is not playable

Anyways the weapon balanceā€™s

Do they seem to be better then before? Or all still pea-shooters?

I tried 5* S21 on Prototype Runners. From VERY close distance (less than 20m) itā€™s possible to destroy them with one shot to the fuel cell. At ranges more suited for a DMR - 2 shots are required :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I wonā€™t be playing again until they actually decide to fix the issues they claimed to fix.

Which, even if I wanted to I canā€™t because my game preformance is so bad Iā€™m softlocked.
Canā€™t destroy bases because of the preformance and I canā€™t fix my preformance because of the bases.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know was it intended or not, but FNIX generators were drastically neutered:

1 Like

Maybe a try to reduce polygons to improve performance ? :man_shrugging:
Like all those damned locked up houses everywhereā€¦ :angry:

Clothing crafting is a mess :expressionless:

1 Like

Maybe they just fixed that ticks donā€™t spawn any more of dead hunters, as the topic says

:man_shrugging:

@Badusername Give it a rest, will you? I get it, youā€™re disappointed with the game. We donā€™t need to see it every 5 minutes.

People, letā€™s stick with reporting feedback on the issues prevalent in this update.

//Mod

The game still crashes at random times every 5-10 minutes. The update has not solved my problem with crashes.

No, that still happens. The person that reported the issue on Discord showed them spawning from a dead hunter. Sucks this wasnt fixed.

1 Like

I may excuse me beforehand if I might sound a bit rude now, but Iā€™m totally pissed off !

A 14.8 GB updateā€¦ of hot air as it seemsā€¦

• Ticks still spawn like hell from machines, no matter of dead or functional
    • missiles/grenades from enemies mostoften donā€™t reach their target and seem to get visually frozen in midair (btw the sound, too)
    • If I get near a FNIX CP the usual sound stuttering begins (alarm sirens) or Iā€™m greeted with fireworks sounds, etc.
    • the game crashed to desktop one time shortly after getting near to a base
    • the game got frozen/unresponsible 2 times while trying to use the recycling station of course after getting near to a FNIX CP

SO for me itā€™s the same shit as before, maybe even worse because of the possible new CPs in the south coast region. But I wonā€™t touch the S Coast any more to not let them spawn there.

Maybe Iā€™ll try again to destroy a CP, but the last times I couldnā€™t destroy the shield generators because they didnā€™t open whatever I tried. And with being prone to crash when getting near a base the chances are even lower, I guess

Wellā€¦ yeah, rant over I guess.

So thx for not fixing anything (as it seems) but main thing to bring some more of the main reason for the lately erratic game behaviour, namely FNIX control points !

And Iā€™m still asking myself who were all these players that wanted that kind of stuff ?? And where are all these players now ? Or do they not have all these problems and we are the (vocal) minority here ?
Questions over questionsā€¦

My 2 ct. but as always ymmv

8 Likes

No, youā€™re right. This seems to be the general impression so far.

Bit of a shame, really. Iā€™d like to get back to GZ soon.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t tried yet, but for now it seems

1. to have brought 4 new reasons for the crashes they announced to be fixed (which arenā€™t),
  2. didnā€™t even mention the disappearing machines in the patch log, which was announced to be fixed and
  3. introduced a new feature with changes for crafting, which doesnā€™t work properly or at all.

Nice work.

The way of destroying this wonderful game continues.

Maybe they just hear to some people on discord or twitter and donā€™t do that on serious discussions in the official forum? Or the polls they are refering to got bombed by some or many trolls :man_shrugging:

I keep wondering about that, too.

But I will give the update a try later this day and add my experiences in the poll above and as a post.

1 Like

Have updated my game via steam. After i acceptetd the Eula the tape deck on the lower right side runs and the music runs but nothing more happened. It didnā€™t proceed further to the MAin Menue of the game. Has anyone an idea. It runs since 15 minutes but nothing more happens. Has anyone an idea ? Or has anyone the same issue?

Ive seen a few reports on Discord that the game turns into infinite loading after accepting the EULA. Not sure of any fix currently.

1 Like

Thanks, that seems to be a new isssue.

Crashed within a couple of minutes on Series X. First fast-travel saw my HUD disappear, first firefight saw some weird frame stuttering, then infinite ticks and finally a crash.

Also, I seem to be missing 3 Soviet blueprints now (not sure if theyā€™re new ones). There is also an empty mission prompt when my game loads.

To say Iā€™m disappointed would be an understatement.

1 Like