Regression - QoL: Picking up an item that was previously in the Radial Menu will put it back in the same slot

Moving this to Support and Bug Reports instead of Feedback/Feature Requests, because it apparently is a regression.

Platform: Steam, Windows 10, Gamepad

Long description:
When a player drop a gadget on the ground and it results in the Radial Menu’s slot being now empty, the action of picking back that same gadget on the ground should automatically put the item back in the same slot. I also think that it should apply when “re-supplying”, which is when the player find a pile of medkits or a new car battery : they should go in their previous slot, unless it’s currently occupied by something else.

Expected behaviour:

1. Player drop their only gas canister (I play in French, sorry) on the ground.
  2. The slot in the radial menu becomes, and remains empty.
  3. Player pick the gas canister back or find a new one somewhere else.
  4. The same slot in the radial menu is automatically bound to the gas canister and the picture of it is displayed in the menu.

Observed behaviour:

1. Player drop their only gas canister (I play in French, sorry) on the ground.
  2. The slot in the radial menu becomes, and remains empty.
  3. Player pick the gas canister back or find a new one somewhere else.
  4. Player witness that the gas canister is not back in the radial menu.
  5. Player open the full-screen inventory menu.
  6. Player identify the icon of the gas canister.
  7. Player select the icon of the gas canister.
  8. Player press the button to start assigning a new slot for the gas canister.
  9. Player places the gas canister icon back to where it expected it to go.

Images / Videos:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Did we lose slot memory?