Relay Beacon respawns

I can’t measure or quantify this bug report because it’s impossible to reproduce - or at least it hasn’t happened twice to me so far. I destroyed the beacon on Sodra Saltholmen that is W of Seggesta Farm and NE of Hastvik safehouse before the August update and after the update went back to that area and it was back again. I since scooted around the map to see if others have reappeared but that is the only one and was the one I destroyed LAST before the update so it may be linked to the saved game I had when the update was applied.

Platform: PC
Description: destroyed relay beacon back in game after Aug update
Steps To Reproduce: none found so far
Images / Videos: none
Host or Client: Single player game.
Players in your game: 1
Specifications: AMD II X4 645 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

I know that all the bunkers I visited before august update was erased from the “bunker network” mission. And today I climbed up my 3rd lighthouse without getting the trophy for it (I’m currently using my sons account for a fresh start), so I might visit the previous lighthouses to obtain it. I also should have obtained the trophies for killing machines with AR and SMG so I think previous killings was erased somehow.
Have’nt been checking out my previous destroyed beacons yet, but clearly there are some issues with this update.

Heyo, thanks for the report. I’ve also noticed beacons respawning, always after I’ve played multiplayer sessions. It’s also possible that they were simply reset with the August update. I don’t really see the issue in that, they net good XP when destroyed. It’s worse when they don’t appear where they’re supposed to.

2 Likes

You’re not mistaken my friend, I thought I was crazy at first, but I have seen two come back now. I was wondering if they were supposed to respawn? Thx.

Well I killed the respawned one and shot the four doggies guarding it so a nice extra bunch of XP came my way - no complaints really :wink:

I can confirm this is a bug caused by an MP session. Same thing happened again last night when I logged out of an MP session and returned to my SP game, the most recent beacon I had destroyed was back.

Description: destroyed relay beacon back in SP game after MP session
Steps To Reproduce: Destroy a beacon in an SP game. Close game. Join a hosts MP session. Log out. Return to SP game. Last destroyed beacon will be activated again.
Images / Videos: none
Host or Client: Single player game. The client. Then SP again.
Players in your game: 1 / 2
Specifications: i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz - 16Gb RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 - 8Gb VRAM

Since the December 2020 update, this appears to be happening again. I have already destroyed two more that I found after having wiped the map clean.

Description: destroyed relay beacon back in SP game before Dec2020 Update
Steps To Reproduce: Not sure, wait long enough and one will return somewhere.
Specs: Win10 Pro, 64bit, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I think some beacons respawn on purpose. The world Will be empty if everything we kill and destroy stays that way.

1 Like

From another topic, comes this:

Also, for me, November '20 update also respawned all relay beacons back to the game world.

Thanks, I will checked this out, wasn’t sure that was expected behavior. Just found it odd didn’t see anything in the update notes.

I’ve played this game from the start. And there has always been a few, maybe three beacons respawning for me. Always the same. I’ve deleted my save and started over so can’t point out the cordinates.

It’s like back in WW2. One side would cut the communication lines and the other side would fix them (or get shot by the sniper waiting for just that). Rinse and repeat. Might be a bug in the game, but realistically it should happen.