Resistance Weapons Pack

I agree just partially.
Of courss there should be a higher limit.
But it’s the players challenge to beat the incoming machines. Not the players defence challenge.

But as there are 4 directions for incoming machines and 4 different types of armed structures (with dlc) and they just have an angle of 180 degree, there should be a limit of at least 6, better would be 8, in total.

1 Like

Pillboxes and grenade launcher towers are only really good for drawing fire away from the main defensive structure anyway imo. I always place them away from the base walls for exactly that reason.

Imagine if you could throw it like a spear. I see Hunters running around with these sticking out of their asses.

4 Likes

Working on a weapon DLC does not equal not working on fixes and improvements to the game. But yes, i absolutely get that it can be annoying to see a DLC release when you’re experiencing bugs that prevent you from playing the game propperly.

8 Likes

You don’t even know how glad I am to hear that. And as I mentioned, I was feeling particularly grouchy at the time of writing. Tonight I haven’t tried playing GZ so I guess I’m still in a decent mood :wink: So, keep up the good work. We’re all counting on you.
good luck

1 Like

Now that’s it’s out, what are y’all’s opinions?

Overall they are all unique and make for the best weapons pack imo.

The bow seems super OP.

Are you buying the new Weapons DLC?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I dont know/I dont care
  • Yes, for the Bow
  • Yes, for the Flamethrower
  • Yes, for the Pitchfork

0 voters

I purchased the base building DLC even though I don’t really care for base defense.

I even purchased the DLC clothes just to support the devs.

But these weapons!? Think this will be the first DLC I won’t be buying.

Did you see that we now have the first crafting scematic which uses items as materials?
The flare arrows. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I over produced lol !

So I’ve been testing the 3c bow with explosive arrows.
Range finding wasn’t too difficult. It will take some practice but it’s doable.
The effectiveness was a bit here and there though. It took 20 arrows to knock one leg shield off a military harvester on Adventure setting, one or two arrows to blow up a runner and 13 to destroy a Soldier class Wolf.
Drawing the bow costs quite a lot more stamina than I had expected. This must be some 120 pound thing. :smiley:
Now for trying to see if quality makes a difference.

I don’t use sledgehammers and baseballbats. We have guns. So I’m not buying this one because I don’t want another melee weapon in my lot drops. This will be the first DLC I don’t buy. I think a dedicated pack with melee weapons would have been better. I would like to have the flamethrower but the downside of more melee weapons in the lot is bigger than the positive thing of having a flamethrower.

3 Likes

I am using the flamethrower (5c) as a very useful tick infestation removal device. Works a treat. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@sabredog66 Yep. It really gets rid of those pesky little ticks. Apart from that it’s pretty fun against runners but other than that it’s pretty useless.
@Terrorbot I’m not one for melee weapons either and guess what I got three of in my first test run…5c pitchforks. On the other hand, there’s noone gonna force you to loot them, or keep them. :wink:

The only one I didn’t get a 5c of tonight was the only one I was really interested in, the bow. From testing with the free 3c one it’s not going to be much use against anything bigger than a runner but what can I say. I love the mechanics of using a bow. It takes a pretty decent aim and a good judgement of range to get a good hit but when you do it really feels like an achievement.

I still have yet to get the bow and the sight accessory in 5c. Hopefully over this weekend.

Do You Think The Pack Was Worth The Money You Spent
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Just “one” thing:

@Avalanche_Pontus, can you fix this?

• the animations of others using the bow:
    I played with a friend yesterday and we saw, that there is no animation for the other player(s) when they are aiming up or down. The bow is always directed to the front.

For every other weapon it works. Doesn’t look good if you see one aiming ahead and the arrows fly in a complete different angle (the angle the player really aimed for).

• Is it intended that you need to have flares in your inventory (not just plundra) to craft flare arrows?

• There are too much forks in the loot table. In the first 20 minutes I got a 4c and three 5c forks.

• I don’t know if it’s new due to the items of the weapon pack, but I experienced that the filter in the plundra to order items alphabetical (german language, if it matters) causes a freeze of the game.

Thx for the great weapons.

The stun effect of the fork makes so much fun to fight through groups of hunters. The flamethrowers almost empty sound is so lovely (like spilling out the last drop of gas). It seems that the flamethrower makes the machines getting idle somehow… Like their sensors are blocked through the heat.

Please, really please just think about another way to implement the weapon packs to make them more logical and to not destroy new users experience with the game:

I cant fix it, but there’s absolutely someone on the team that can! Ill share it with them and we hope to see a change! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Six 5c pitchforks but not one 5c bow even after 20 apoc harvesters. Bit odd even if RNG was poor.

1 Like